XIM Community

Why is my Apex slow  (Read 1904 times)

Offline Sploogely

• View Profile
Why is my Apex slow
« on: 11:04 PM - 04/05/18 »
I donít get it, I watch videos of gameplay on YouTube of people getting clean kills and when I change my sensitivity to be exactly theirs itís so slow. I have the same dpi, hz, and firmware aswell. Should I factory reset or what?

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
  • Please Delete My Account
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Delete
Re: Why is my Apex slow
« Reply #1 on: 11:56 PM - 04/05/18 »
They probably are using beta firmwares that change the sensitivity
Please Delete My Account

Offline Sploogely

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:09 AM - 04/06/18 »
I was using the same firmware as the other person

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 12:13 AM - 04/06/18 »
Change your Sync setting to Default or Common, then try to match their sens values.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:37 AM - 04/06/18 »
I recommend updating to the latest beta build, there are changes to aim performance and sensitivity scaling. Pay close attention to the notes if you're an iOS user.

You can find the latest beta build below. Please read the instructions on the download page.

http://xim.tech/beta
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:16 PM - 04/06/18 »
I donít get it, I watch videos of gameplay on YouTube of people getting clean kills and when I change my sensitivity to be exactly theirs itís so slow. I have the same dpi, hz, and firmware aswell. Should I factory reset or what?

What games are you talking about? Games don't have the same look mechanics. Some are much better than others. COD and BF feel the best, R6S, PUBG, Fortnite feel just ok, Valve games are terrible. If you've done everything right as far as a set up goes then it might be the game, not the XIM and your hardware.
Xbox Series S
XIM 4
Logitech G Pro Wireless
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
ASUS VG27AQ
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline Beaker1991

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:38 PM - 04/06/18 »
Stupid question, but did you remember to set the in-game sensitivity to max? Also, some games require specific in-game settings (see http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=43775.0).

Offline Sploogely

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:08 PM - 04/06/18 »
DO you not understand when I said I matched their settings EXACTLY. How is it a stupid question if everything that is on their settings is the same on mine.

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:17 PM - 04/06/18 »
DO you not understand when I said I matched their settings EXACTLY. How is it a stupid question if everything that is on their settings is the same on mine.

Dude, calm down. It's an honest question. Many times people have said they've done everything right only to find out it was some simple mistake on their end. He's trying to be helpful with your troubleshooting to narrow down the problem. You still didn't answer with regards to what games you've tried so far.
Xbox Series S
XIM 4
Logitech G Pro Wireless
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
ASUS VG27AQ
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #9 on: 10:55 PM - 04/06/18 »
They'll be using a different Sync setting or mouse DPI value.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline nyder

• Homo homini lupus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07:32 PM - 04/07/18 »

Does your mouse have settings?  Is there software to increase the DPI?  Logitech mice have software to set dpi profiles and change the poll rate.

It could be that.
Console: Xbox Series X - XIM APEX - Sony  Nav - Mouse: Logitech G502 Wireless - Headset: Steelseries Arctis 9X - Monitor: BenQ EX2780Q - Mouse Pad: Logitech G440

Offline Beaker1991

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08:55 PM - 04/07/18 »

First of all in your original message you mentioned 'sensitivity' but you did not say which one. I assumed you meant the XIM sensitivity not the in-game sensitivity. Increasing the in-game sensitivity is commonly missed. When starting a new game I sometimes forget to do this and wonder why I move so slow.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09:02 AM - 04/08/18 »

I just want to point out that the 'stupid question' remark that the person above you wrote was about that persons question that followed 'stupid question but'. This was not directed toward you or your question. This is just an expression. Everyone here is trying to help.

To comment about your question in the quote. There are many factors that adjust how you could have a different turn rate using the same settings.

- DPI
- APEX response rate
- APEX firmware
- Synchronization setting (if using the beta)
- in-game settings
- Hip and ADS sensitivity
- Curves
- Boost
- YX ratio
- Toggle used incorrectly

It really only takes overlooking one of these for turning to feel different.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline Sploogely

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08:16 PM - 04/08/18 »
To everyone I think I solved the problem. I think it was due to the fact that there was a weird bug I guess where you have to factory reset your XIM everytime to get the correct dpi you want to use such as 10k, 12k,  etc. Is this an actual bug with the factory firmware that got fixed in a beta or is this false information

Offline Admire

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: wSiay
« Reply #14 on: 11:21 AM - 06/03/18 »
HOW DO I FACTORY RESET MY XIM APEX!? Please help me out with this, my xim rotates colours a bit when I plug it in to my ps4 and then goes to a light blue colour and does nothing. It worked perfectly fine before?..