XIM Community

XIM Apex with Titan 1  (Read 2620 times)

Offline Freshdata

• View Profile
XIM Apex with Titan 1
« on: 04:05 PM - 04/05/18 »
Hey everyone! I currently have my xim apex and titan 1 connected to my ps4. Everything works fine.. however I was wondering if there is a better way to connect the titan 1 and xim apex.. as of right now I have my kb, mouse and controller into the xim hub then my xim give connected to my xim apex dongle then the apex dongle into my titan 1 which than connects to my ps4 usb port.

Like I said.. Everything works fine.. but I have roughly 5.5 inches of dongle sticking out of my front ps4 usb port.. it looks very sloppy and putting a little stress on my ps4 usb port from it being so long.

Any other options for connections?

I also have a titan two but prefer the titan 1..

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM Apex with Titan 1
« Reply #1 on: 04:33 PM - 04/05/18 »
I'm not familiar with competitor devices but I can move this to another section where titan users can comment.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline Stylesb111

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:41 PM - 04/05/18 »
You prefer the Titan one over the 2? I have the one and just purchased the two. I hooked it up like you have. It is kind of ugly looking and easy to break if you hit it.  Why do you like it better? Just curious, I canít even get my Titan 2 to work properly.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 04:56 PM - 04/05/18 »
Use a short USB cable between the Titan and the console to take the load off the console port. You can then rest your devices on top or beside the console.

Also, unless J2K has just updated the T1 firmware, it's not capable of 500 or 1000Hz polling with the Apex. Knock the Apex down to 250Hz for better compatibility. T2 however supports 1000Hz polling on the Apex.

@ Styles - there's a big difference between a device not working properly and not knowing how to use it. Note that all T1 and CM scripts work on the T2 with one line of code added to the top, which opens up a wider library of pre-made scripts.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Stylesb111

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:07 PM - 04/05/18 »
Use a short USB cable between the Titan and the console to take the load off the console port. You can then rest your devices on top or beside the console.

Also, unless J2K has just updated the T1 firmware, it's not capable of 500 or 1000Hz polling with the Apex. Knock the Apex down to 250Hz for better compatibility. T2 however supports 1000Hz polling on the Apex.

@ Styles - there's a big difference between a device not working properly and not knowing how to use it. Note that all T1 and CM scripts work on the T2 with one line of code added to the top, which opens up a wider library of pre-made scripts.

Yes that is true. Except that it keeps cutting out on me... that isnít really my doing and seems something isnít working right? But it could all be do to me not knowing what I am doing. I have yet to find any real good instructions though.  For example every post I see people say to save light_k into the same directory as the script? What does this mean? I saved them in the same folder and even hooked a USB up and saved them in the same folder on the USB to see if that would work. Every time I get the error.  Should I try a different computer? I am using my laptop.

Offline Freshdata

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:14 PM - 04/05/18 »
I have the titan two as well but was unable to get it to work. Also I pretty much only play rainbow 6 siege on ps4.. and all I want for mods is rapid fire and anti recoil with an on/off toggle.

Offline Stylesb111

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:49 PM - 04/05/18 »
I have the titan two as well but was unable to get it to work. Also I pretty much only play rainbow 6 siege on ps4.. and all I want for mods is rapid fire and anti recoil with an on/off toggle.

Glad I am not the only one who canít get it to work. If I donít get it going Iím going to return it.