XIM Community

Question about my headphones / sound  (Read 340 times)

Offline said the sky

• 420-710-DABS
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ricko229
Question about my headphones / sound
« on: 03:03 AM - 04/05/18 »
Im using audio Technica 700xs right now and they are pretty decent... But when I connect them to my PS4 they go through this audio Technica ATR2USB 3.5mm to USB Jack that was only 12 bucks or so.

Would getting the new MixAmp Pro TR or whatever greatly improve my sound? I found an older model on eBay  but it's used for way cheaper. In fortnite sometimes i hear people but I can't make out the directional sound like I normally can on my PC games with my Sound blaster Z soundcard
Logitech G Pro @ 12000 DPI 1000 Hz
Zowie G-SR Mousepad
Zowie Camade Bungee
BenQ XL2411Z Monitor
Ducky One Tenkeyless Blue LED Cherry MX Red Keyboard

Offline TedRoc07

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: TedRoc07
Re: Question about my headphones / sound
« Reply #1 on: 08:05 AM - 04/05/18 »
I recently started using AD700's also, I found buying a mixamp pro for xbox provided much more sound control and clarity than when I had my headset plugged directly to the controller.

Offline said the sky

• 420-710-DABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:16 AM - 04/05/18 »
I recently started using AD700's also, I found buying a mixamp pro for xbox provided much more sound control and clarity than when I had my headset plugged directly to the controller.

Do you use the new MixAmp Pro?
Zowie G-SR Mousepad
Zowie Camade Bungee
BenQ XL2411Z Monitor

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:20 AM - 04/05/18 »
yes with an external soundcard you will be able to locate your enemies much better, however the mixamp isnt the best pick imo
if you want to go cheap and only use it with the console (since you have a creative z for pc) id go with a turtle beach dss2, it has better sound quality than the mixamp can costs a fraction of it too

if you want to go big and get something that works with all of your consoles and the pc at the same time look into the creative soundblaster x7
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline said the sky

• 420-710-DABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:36 AM - 04/05/18 »
yes with an external soundcard you will be able to locate your enemies much better, however the mixamp isnt the best pick imo
if you want to go cheap and only use it with the console (since you have a creative z for pc) id go with a turtle beach dss2, it has better sound quality than the mixamp can costs a fraction of it too

if you want to go big and get something that works with all of your consoles and the pc at the same time look into the creative soundblaster x7

Yeah man I'm looking to not spend a fortune on this and I want it to only work for PS4. My PC setup is already good. The creative x7 is a bit pricey lol

It's a discontinued product so it seems as if I need to buy a used one or refurbished lol
« Last Edit: 10:44 AM - 04/05/18 by thediscobiscuits »
Zowie G-SR Mousepad
Zowie Camade Bungee
BenQ XL2411Z Monitor

Offline said the sky

• 420-710-DABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:26 AM - 04/06/18 »
So I just bought the turtle Beach dss2 to use for my headphones and modmic. Question though if anyone can help please.

Right now I have this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00I6ILPPC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1523006619&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=atr2usb+3.5+mm+to+usb+audio+adapter

Do I need to buy something different then that? Like the syba? https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001MSS6CS/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A8RTQXLJLSITN&psc=1 or is that the same thing?

Also do I need to buy a M to M jack like this? https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009UEAZ84/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Any help would be appreciated thanks guys
Zowie G-SR Mousepad
Zowie Camade Bungee
BenQ XL2411Z Monitor

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:50 AM - 04/06/18 »
I'd recommend the MixAmp 2013. It has better components that more recent models and works on all consoles, whereas newer iterations are platform-locked.

I have a SoundBlaster X7 and it is excellent, but with Atmos already available on XB1X and no doubt coming to the next PlayStation as well as more becoming widespread on PC, I'd hold off until Creative's next big release before investing that sort of dough.

I stack my gaming audio through an original 2009 MixAmp (it feeds into the X7 line-in port) and it's still going strong. If all you need is the ability to use your own cans whilst fleshing out the audio cues and soundscape of console games, a MixAmp will get you most of the way to a SoundBlaster X7 at a significantly lower cost.
« Last Edit: 03:55 AM - 04/06/18 by antithesis »

Offline said the sky

• 420-710-DABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:06 AM - 04/06/18 »
I'd recommend the MixAmp 2013. It has better components that more recent models and works on all consoles, whereas newer iterations are platform-locked.

I have a SoundBlaster X7 and it is excellent, but with Atmos already available on XB1X and no doubt coming to the next PlayStation as well as more becoming widespread on PC, I'd hold off until Creative's next big release before investing that sort of dough.

I stack my gaming audio through an original 2009 MixAmp (it feeds into the X7 line-in port) and it's still going strong. If all you need is the ability to use your own cans whilst fleshing out the audio cues and soundscape of console games, a MixAmp will get you most of the way to a SoundBlaster X7 at a significantly lower cost.

I already purchased the dss2 lol. I was recommended it by Od1n. I'm asking on my post if I need to buy anything that I don't already have lol. I don't need it to work on my PC I already have a dedicated soundcard this is strictly just for my PS4 Pro
Zowie G-SR Mousepad
Zowie Camade Bungee
BenQ XL2411Z Monitor

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:28 AM - 04/06/18 »
There's nothing wrong with the DSS2, it's in the same ballpark as a MixAmp.

If you need a USB soundcard for PS4, go with a Creative Sound Blaster Play 2 or 3. I don't have a DSS2 so don't know the specific connections required, but I think that's the card Od1n would recommend.

I just checked the Amazon listing for the Sound Blaster Play 3 and it's apparently not compatible with PS4, according to the Q & A. However, a user comment suggests that it works on PS4.

Play 2 is harder to get and more expensive, so maybe wait for another response from Od1n on this one.
« Last Edit: 04:37 AM - 04/06/18 by antithesis »

Offline said the sky

• 420-710-DABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08:03 AM - 04/06/18 »
There's nothing wrong with the DSS2, it's in the same ballpark as a MixAmp.

If you need a USB soundcard for PS4, go with a Creative Sound Blaster Play 2 or 3. I don't have a DSS2 so don't know the specific connections required, but I think that's the card Od1n would recommend.

I just checked the Amazon listing for the Sound Blaster Play 3 and it's apparently not compatible with PS4, according to the Q & A. However, a user comment suggests that it works on PS4.

Play 2 is harder to get and more expensive, so maybe wait for another response from Od1n on this one.

Okay but do I need to buy any of the following for the dss2 that I listed in my.post? Or is it fine with what I have?

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=42195.0

look at this post and the screenshot added to see what I'm trying to ask here
« Last Edit: 08:21 AM - 04/06/18 by thediscobiscuits »
Zowie G-SR Mousepad
Zowie Camade Bungee
BenQ XL2411Z Monitor

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08:13 PM - 04/06/18 »
yes this is how you need to set it up if you want to use voicechat too
(if that isnt the case then only the dss2 is needed)

here the long version

http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=31920.0
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline said the sky

• 420-710-DABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:32 AM - 04/11/18 »
Still waiting for my DSS2 in the mail. Can't wait since my directional sound is trash at the moment. I have everything needed like in that diagram. The only thing is... I have a audio Technica ATR2USB instead of the Syba USB thing. Is that still the same? Lol
Zowie G-SR Mousepad
Zowie Camade Bungee
BenQ XL2411Z Monitor

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10:55 AM - 04/11/18 »
I have a audio Technica ATR2USB instead of the Syba USB thing. Is that still the same? Lol

if it is compatible with the playstation then yes it should work

Offline said the sky

• 420-710-DABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05:42 PM - 04/11/18 »
I have a audio Technica ATR2USB instead of the Syba USB thing. Is that still the same? Lol

if it is compatible with the playstation then yes it should work

I'm currently using it and my sound works so I'm assuming it will work? :)
Zowie G-SR Mousepad
Zowie Camade Bungee
BenQ XL2411Z Monitor

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05:49 PM - 04/11/18 »
yes you should be fine then, just set it up like in the link shown above :)