XIM Community

Sound blaster x7 use on Xbox one x?  (Read 1090 times)

Offline Point312

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: IAMCREEPSTYLE
Sound blaster x7 use on Xbox one x?
« on: 06:26 PM - 04/04/18 »
I recently upgraded from my mix amp tr to the sound blaster x7 for my Xbox one x. I have read every thread on how to hook it up correctly and I just canít get it to work!!! I believe my issue is I have the Beyerdynamic MMX 300ís and the mic isnít a separate one. I can just use the y from the controller to the rcaís on the back. I can get everything to work except my party chat and even test the mic and hear myself in it. Iím just not sure what Iím missing? Please help if you can I have already searched for days online and read everything I could I have a nice collection of yís and cables just canít find the right combo!! Thanks for the help in advance!

Offline Point312

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: IAMCREEPSTYLE
Re: Sound blaster x7 use on Xbox one x?
« Reply #1 on: 07:31 AM - 07/16/18 »
Hereís my update on this issue. Everything works the issue is the chat Gets a hissing sound that you can hear only when I speak. This over time builds up to the mic being on the whole time and all you can hear is the interference. The only way it works is if you plug one of the headphone rcaís directly into the controller. However that only gives you a couple inches away from the x7 and wonít work for gaming as soon as I plug in a male to female wire into the mix of any size the noise starts again. Any suggestions?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:38 AM - 07/16/18 »
hey,

your beyer should have splitted cables, you connect the game sound cable to the very right of your x7 frontside and the mic cable to the very left
for your xbox controller your need a y adapter that splits the 4 pole 3,5mm into 2x 3pole 3,5mm (which equals your beyer cable), then connect the mic one with your x7 lineout and the chat one with your x7 linein (at the back)

if you experience hissing then go into your xim apex manager, open the advanced menu under your config light/hotkey option in the editing menu
tick the audio compatibility box there

if you still have a buzzing then this might be due to cheap cables or the controller port (connect your headset directly to the controller with the y adapter to verify its not the controller/y adapter)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 04:00 AM - 07/17/18 »
A ground loop isolator may also help. I use one in my X7 setup to remove feedback from a Google Chrome Audio to MixAmp to Subpac to X7 via line-in.
Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline kuhl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:27 PM - 09/01/18 »
hey,

your beyer should have splitted cables, you connect the game sound cable to the very right of your x7 frontside and the mic cable to the very left
for your xbox controller your need a y adapter that splits the 4 pole 3,5mm into 2x 3pole 3,5mm (which equals your beyer cable), then connect the mic one with your x7 lineout and the chat one with your x7 linein (at the back)

if you experience hissing then go into your xim apex manager, open the advanced menu under your config light/hotkey option in the editing menu

if you still have a buzzing then this might be due to cheap cables or the controller port (connect your headset directly to the controller with the y adapter to verify its not the controller/y adapter)

Before I try this, wouldnít this setup make the mic output include all game sounds? Thereís no way to configure it to only transmit the mic right?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:47 PM - 09/01/18 »
hey,

Before I try this, wouldnít this setup make the mic output include all game sounds? Thereís no way to configure it to only transmit the mic right?

the x7 has a recording mixer where you should be able to customize that
its right below the regular mixer
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline kuhl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:14 PM - 09/01/18 »
hey,

the x7 has a recording mixer where you should be able to customize that
its right below the regular mixer

I donít think it will work. What would the recording mixer have to do with the line out? Have you got it working?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:28 PM - 09/01/18 »
for me the setup works, if you have troubles you could use one of the two workarounds

- connect the mic directly to the y adapter, not to the x7 (or use a splitter if you want the mic to be connected to the x7 too)
- use the xbox app on your pc to join and talk in partys, you dont need any audio chat connection to the playstation then

Offline kuhl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:46 AM - 09/02/18 »
Can you show me the settings for the recording mixer so I can get it working?

Offline kuhl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:17 AM - 09/05/18 »
Can you show me the settings for the recording mixer so I can get it working?

Please, I tried but itís just replaying all the audio.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:01 AM - 09/06/18 »
I cannot make a screenshot right now but did you try the other two workarounds? Did you have success with one of these two?

- connect the mic directly to the y adapter, not to the x7 (or use a splitter if you want the mic to be connected to the x7 too)
- use the xbox app on your pc to join and talk in partys, you dont need any audio chat connection to the playstation then

Offline kuhl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11:03 AM - 09/06/18 »
Turns out itís impossible. Once the headphones are plugged in the line out is disabled. Thanks for leading me down that rabbit hole.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11:11 AM - 09/06/18 »
thats weird, i tried the first of the two alternatives and that also works
joining a party via the xbox app also works for me

if you want to use your mic with your pc and console at the same time then maybe go with the first alternative and add a splitter that splits your mic to the controllers y adapter and to your x7

edit: check if your firmware is up to date, i had a lot of bugs with the first few firmware versions but most of those are gone with the very latest one

Offline kuhl

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06:57 PM - 09/06/18 »
Yeah the x7 has a hell of a tendency to cut out when the audio is too loud or theirs too many sources or something.

I updated the firmware the other day and it works better now. Bluetooth is less delayed too. But itís definitely impossible to use the mic function with the Xbox by using the rca output. Read it in th  Instructions manual.

I tried to get the Bluetooth through the app working but people couldnít seem to hear me.

I have the chat working fine btw. I was just trying to see if I could use the mic functions with the x7. I wish their was some Bluetooth adapter for the Xbox that I could pair the x7 with. Kind of like how the ps4 does.