XIM Community

Dead by Daylight and Friday the 13th  (Read 4591 times)

Offline RoadDogg_8121

• View Profile
Dead by Daylight and Friday the 13th
« on: 02:59 PM - 04/02/18 »
Does anyone have these games and use the Apex on them?  If so, what has been the experience and what settings do you use? 

Offline CotJocky466

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: CotJocky466
  • PSN ID: CotJocky466
Re: Dead by Daylight and Friday the 13th
« Reply #1 on: 04:15 PM - 04/11/18 »
Does anyone have these games and use the Apex on them?  If so, what has been the experience and what settings do you use?

I don't play F13, so I can't help there, but I do play DBD on XB1 and PC. I bought this device (XIM APEX) specifically to use on XB1 with DBD. I never was able to find what games were supported prior to purchase. To my dismay, I found out after purchase that DBD is not supported. I tried the "State of Decay" profile because I knew it was a 3rd person game and I was wanting to try the XIM out playing as survivor which is also 3rd person. It worked "ok". The buttons can't be mapped to the same way they are on PC so that part is a bummer. I put the device back in the box and haven't fooled with it since.

I found this in my search when I was first fooling with this. I haven't tried it out myself. Maybe you will find it helpful?

http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=55407.0

Dude said he used the Overwatch profile. Maybe he was using it for Killer since they are 1st person?

Offline Parzival

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:48 PM - 04/11/18 »
What are you talking about, the buttons can be mapped exactly to how they are on PC with this game. You just need to change a few mappings in the in-game settings. Aiming is a different story. The gameís aiming mechanic on console is very bad for micro adjustments. Itís much more noticeable when playing killer, especially Huntress where precision aiming matters. I donít think an ST is capable of smoothing out this weird aiming mechanic. Is this why there isnít an official ST? You can make private matches that last indefinitely, so an official ST should be possible.

Offline CotJocky466

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: CotJocky466
  • PSN ID: CotJocky466
« Reply #3 on: 10:39 PM - 04/12/18 »
What are you talking about, the buttons can be mapped exactly to how they are on PC with this game. You just need to change a few mappings in the in-game settings. Aiming is a different story. The gameís aiming mechanic on console is very bad for micro adjustments. Itís much more noticeable when playing killer, especially Huntress where precision aiming matters. I donít think an ST is capable of smoothing out this weird aiming mechanic. Is this why there isnít an official ST? You can make private matches that last indefinitely, so an official ST should be possible.

Ok, maybe I don't understand how to set it up, so you explain it to me.

So for Survivor, which is what I wanted to use this on, here is what I know. This is from my PC version of the game.

K/M                                     XB1

Run                                           LSHIFT                                 LB
Crouch                                      LCTRL                                  LT
Use Item                                   M2                                        RT
Drop Item                                  R                                          B
Pick up item/Interactions          M1                                       RB
Actions                                      Space                                  RB
Secondary Action/Skill Check   Space                                 LB
Hook Struggle                            Space                                 A
Activate Ability                            E                                        A

How can I bind Space to "RB", "LB" and "A", yet still have "A" be E, M1 be "RB" and LSHIFT be "LB"?

Maybe I don't get it, tell me how to bind this to work EXACTLY how it works on PC by default?

I understand that it may work like crap on the huntress when you throw her axes. Fine control might be absolute dog crap. Their are 11 survivors and 11 killers on XB1. So we don't make a ST because you can only use it on 21 of 22 characters?

I will state that I know nothing about how to make this all work. I won't pretend I know anything about this or that I could somehow make a ST that would work perfectly. I'm sure there are other ST's that are less than perfect and you have to deal with the issues that come along with that particular game. Using K/M where it wasn't supposed to be used in the first place is going to have issues. The part that I don't understand is why XIM couldn't release a DBD ST and list it with a caveat about the issues and say this is the best we can make it sorry if it isn't perfect. I understand if something can't be made perfect, but I would be more accepting of "here it is, it's not perfect, but it's due to the game limitations" instead of "the game isn't perfect so we just decided to disregard it as not worthy of our time". Good luck modifying the ST's we have made for other games until you can come up with something you can make do with.

Offline Parzival

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:20 AM - 04/13/18 »
So for Survivor, which is what I wanted to use this on, here is what I know. This is from my PC version of the game.

Run                                           LSHIFT                                 LB
Crouch                                      LCTRL                                  LT
Use Item                                   M2                                        RT
Drop Item                                  R                                          B
Actions                                      Space                                  RB
Secondary Action/Skill Check   Space                                 LB
Hook Struggle                            Space                                 A
Activate Ability                            E                                        A

How can I bind Space to "RB", "LB" and "A", yet still have "A" be E, M1 be "RB" and LSHIFT be "LB"?

Maybe I don't get it, tell me how to bind this to work EXACTLY how it works on PC by default?

I understand that it may work like crap on the huntress when you throw her axes. Fine control might be absolute dog crap. Their are 11 survivors and 11 killers on XB1. So we don't make a ST because you can only use it on 21 of 22 characters?

Yes, this is exactly how I have it, except you're still using the default in-game bindings. You need to change some of them to the ones in bold below:

Actions                                      Space                                  A
Secondary Action/Skill Check  Space                                  A
Hook Struggle                           Space                                  A
Activate Ability                          E                                          Y

This should make it 1-to-1 with PC. As for why there is no official ST for this game, you're gonna have to ask OBsIV or the mods.