XIM Community

[ACTIVE] XIM Apex slow after every restart of Xbox  (Read 173 times)

Offline Dontpeekmebr0

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Dontpeekmebr0
Settings in the manager remain the same, however my mouse sensitivity is extremely slow, as if I hadn’t changed any settings yet. This is while using 1000hz that I notice this.

Basically, I set up everything and it works great until I power down my Xbox, and the next time I start Rainbow Six Siege, my sensitivity is extremely slow, but all of my settings are still what they were when I set it up.

Performing a factory reset seems to be the only way to fix this, but I cannot do that every time I start my game.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get the XIM to act right after each restart?
« Last Edit: 12:37 PM - 04/02/18 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM Apex slow after every restart of Xbox
« Reply #1 on: 12:36 PM - 04/02/18 »
Welcome to the community. Each time you change the apex response rate the sensitivity scale will change he next time apex is restarted. Multiply your current sensitivity by 8, this should help. Otherwise you may need to press the dpi up button on your mouse a few times when you start each session.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Dontpeekmebr0

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] XIM Apex slow after every restart of Xbox
« Reply #2 on: 01:22 PM - 04/02/18 »
That’s actually the weird part. I would attempt to move the mouse with extremely slow sensitivity, and then adjust DPI on mouse, adjust settings in the manager, to the point the manager would be maxed out at 500 sens on both ADS and Hip fire. Even that was too slow, so it’s as if the manager believed my DPI was very slow no matter what I did. I literally adjusted to every single DPI setting on my mouse for 20+ minutes straight with no luck.

I currently use XIM4 with no issues but I felt the Apex would be an upgrade, and it felt great at first, but this seemingly “forgetting my settings” issue is hard to deal with.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:47 PM - 04/02/18 »
Stock APEX response rate is 125hz and performance will be equivalent to XIM4. Including sensitivity values.Note that rebooting APEX is needed after changing the response rate. Adjusting the response rate will change the sensitivity scale. It could be that you don't have enough DPI to reach equivalent levels.

After changing APEX's response rate there is a popup that mentions you must reboot for the changes to take effect. After rebooting the sensitivity scale will be different due to the new response rate. If you previously set your sensitivity using 125hz (default) then you would multiply by:

250hz = Sensitivity x 2
500hz = Sensitivity x 4
1000hz = Sensitivity x 8

-

If you're not using Manager on iOS I recommend updating to the latest beta firmware and Manager. There are changes to how aiming works and sensitivity scale. More details including download links and instructions can be found in the beta thread here.

http://xim.tech/beta

If you're an iOS user I recommend waiting until you're invited to the testflight. PM Obsiv your appleid for access.

Offline Dontpeekmebr0

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:53 PM - 04/02/18 »
Thank you. I’ve pmd obsiv

I can retry with 500hz and see if it still has the same issue until I get invited.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:55 PM - 04/02/18 »
That sounds good. I recommend reading the beta thread for notes on the synchronize setting. This will now adjust sensitivity scale instead of response rate in the beta build. Feedback on this build has been great so these changes are expected to be promoted to the gold build at some point.

Offline Vendetta2217

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Vendetta2217
« Reply #6 on: 05:15 AM - 04/04/18 »
Getting the same issue, on PS4. Having great settings that work, and then a restart of the PlayStation makes everything slow. I have yet to find a fix.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:58 AM - 04/04/18 »
Sensitivity scale will change the next time APEX is powered on if the response rate is changed. Adjust your sensitivity as mentioned above. Verify your DPI is maxed at the start of each session. Of course using the latest beta build is recommended as well. There are important changes to read about in the notes.

You can find the latest beta build below. Please read the instructions on the download page.

Offline joetomic

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: mapacho sandwich
« Reply #8 on: 09:28 AM - 05/18/18 »
Stock APEX response rate is 125hz and performance will be equivalent to XIM4. Including sensitivity values.Note that rebooting APEX is needed after changing the response rate. Adjusting the response rate will change the sensitivity scale. It could be that you don't have enough DPI to reach equivalent levels.

After changing APEX's response rate there is a popup that mentions you must reboot for the changes to take effect. After rebooting the sensitivity scale will be different due to the new response rate. If you previously set your sensitivity using 125hz (default) then you would multiply by:

250hz = Sensitivity x 2
500hz = Sensitivity x 4
1000hz = Sensitivity x 8

-

If you're not using Manager on iOS I recommend updating to the latest beta firmware and Manager. There are changes to how aiming works and sensitivity scale. More details including download links and instructions can be found in the beta thread here.

If you're an iOS user I recommend waiting until you're invited to the testflight. PM Obsiv your appleid for access.

How does one reboot the apex?  Is it just rebooting console?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:54 AM - 05/18/18 »
Disconnect APEX then reconnect it. Please note that the information you have quoted is outdated. You can learn about how sensitivity has changed in the latest build notes.

You can find the latest firmware below. Please read the instructions on the download page.

http://xim.tech/latest

Offline joetomic

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: mapacho sandwich
« Reply #10 on: 02:41 PM - 05/18/18 »
Disconnect APEX then reconnect it. Please note that the information you have quoted is outdated. You can learn about how sensitivity has changed in the latest build notes.

You can find the latest firmware below. Please read the instructions on the download page.

http://xim.tech/latest

Thank you. I just received my apex. Firmware is updated. I did switch the polling to 1000hz however I did not disconnect/reconnect it. I’m assuming that it isn’t actually functioning at 1000 despite the app showing “1000hz”. 

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02:49 PM - 05/18/18 »
Correct, when this is changed there is a pop up message in Manager that mentions a restart is needed in order for the change to take effect.