XIM Community

[XIM2] PS3 Move Navigation Controller - Working driver for Xim  (Read 46749 times)

komrad

Re: PS3 Move Navigation Controller - Working driver for Xim
« Reply #15 on: 11:55 PM - 10/03/10 »
mist, yeah - if you plug it in via usb, it sends the data through the cord. i'm sure sooner or later, you'll be able to use it with bluetooth on your pc.

Offline linzheng

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12:15 AM - 10/04/10 »
Yeah, it's pretty much half a Dual Shock3. Just has a different Product ID. Hooked up with USB>Mini USB cable. I really didn't try too hard to get it working through Bluetooth, as I like everything wired.

So the bluetooth option is disabled and you're only using a wired connection?

i guess that's the current situation. but i've seen a thread the other day on a chinese gamer forum, which has a tutorial on how to make your ps3 ds3 controller fully functional on pc incluidng blutooth, sixasxi, analoge stick and rumble.
here are the required softwares:
libusb-win
FreeBT driver
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
PPJoy 0.83
BtSix 1.5c

one or two of the softwares are reprogrammed by the guy on that forum.

let me know if you need them.

Offline Zenigame96

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Shiny Zeni
  • PSN ID: Zenigame96
« Reply #17 on: 10:48 AM - 10/04/10 »
My XIM2 is coming either end of this week or early next week, and I would really like to use the navigation controller with it. Is it just going to be a matter of plugging it into my computer and making sure I have the right drivers installed, or does it get deeper than that? I seem to be getting mixed signals after reading through this..

Either way is totally fine, I just want to make sure I have it all set up and ready to go when my XIM2 comes. :)

Offline CrossCrucial

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11:29 AM - 10/04/10 »
Yeah, it's pretty much half a Dual Shock3. Just has a different Product ID. Hooked up with USB>Mini USB cable. I really didn't try too hard to get it working through Bluetooth, as I like everything wired.

So the bluetooth option is disabled and you're only using a wired connection?

i guess that's the current situation. but i've seen a thread the other day on a chinese gamer forum, which has a tutorial on how to make your ps3 ds3 controller fully functional on pc incluidng blutooth, sixasxi, analoge stick and rumble.
here are the required softwares:
libusb-win
FreeBT driver
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
PPJoy 0.83
BtSix 1.5c

one or two of the softwares are reprogrammed by the guy on that forum.

let me know if you need them.

BtSix doesn't work with the Navigation Controller. Tried it before I found a working solution. It won't recognize it and the source isn't available for me to modify

Offline CrossCrucial

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11:34 AM - 10/04/10 »
My XIM2 is coming either end of this week or early next week, and I would really like to use the navigation controller with it. Is it just going to be a matter of plugging it into my computer and making sure I have the right drivers installed, or does it get deeper than that? I seem to be getting mixed signals after reading through this..

Either way is totally fine, I just want to make sure I have it all set up and ready to go when my XIM2 comes. :)

Plug it in, use my driver attached to the first post. Simple as that. Will be recognized instantly by the Xim2 software.

I have found the navigation controller for $25 at Costco and B.J.'s. Don't have a Sam's Club membership, but I'm guessing it's the same there. $30 at regular B&M stores. So it being cheap makes it worth while for Xim users even without a PS3, like me. Especially knowing that it's already hacked. I had to buy it knowing that I would have to do all the work myself first. lol. Hey if you want something bad enough, you'll do it yourself.

Offline Zenigame96

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11:47 AM - 10/04/10 »
True that.

Thanks for clearing that up for me! I'm way stoked now!  ;D

Offline Stele

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07:28 PM - 10/04/10 »
I now have my Navigational Controller up and running with my XIM2... absolutely awesome.

Great job CrossCrucial - you're an asset to the community.

I personally can't recommend this gadget enough - I used keyboard and mouse for, well decades, but I found this instantly improved my gaming (such as it is).

I bought a G13 a couple of months ago because of the reviews from these forums - I honestly think the PS3 Nav C is a much better product - much more intuitive and much easier to use when the pressure's on.

Please note though you'll need a mouse with extra buttons, like the G500, to make up for lack of them on the PS3 NC compared to the G13 or keyboard.

komrad

« Reply #22 on: 08:00 PM - 10/04/10 »
I ended up buying this controller tonight, and got it working with ease. I don't know yet if I'll choose this over my G13, but it's a nice substitute for a keyboard. The Wii navigation pad is a little more comfortable than this though. I also find that I really don't know where to play my left hand with this, doesn't feel right on my lap, and kind of uncomfortable resting my hand on the table. Other than that, this device is pretty good, and hopefully it'll be supported on XIM3.

Offline Zenigame96

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07:34 PM - 10/08/10 »
Well I finally have all the essential pieces to get this working..

For some odd reason, it's not going as smoothly as I'd hoped though.

I'm running Windows XP SP2 32bit.. And I got my Nav. controller working yesterday, I even tested it on a PC game to make sure everything was good to go, and it seemed to be. But for some reason I can't get it to register in the XIM software.. I have it set to "joystick" and everything, so I don't think that's the problem. I'm currently updating steam to run a game and see if the controller is still working via the PC.

I don't run windows often (I'm more of a mac guy..*puts up flame shield) so I confess I am just a little bit lost.. can anybody give me any input on something I may have missed/done wrong?

Thanks for any suggestions you may have!

Offline Zenigame96

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 08:18 PM - 10/08/10 »
Well this is strange... suddenly it's working. I didn't change anything..

Oh well, time to get some configs running properly!
Thanks anyway!

Offline toon

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 04:30 PM - 10/09/10 »
So if this replaces your keyboard how do you guys use jump now?
Tapping the space bar with my thump has become so natural.
Must be hard to get used to another way to jump.

Offline Xenon

• MVP
  • Boo!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xenonshot
« Reply #26 on: 06:40 PM - 10/10/10 »
I really think this need thread needs a sticky!
I rRrRR 133337Zorz

Offline CrossCrucial

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07:51 PM - 10/10/10 »
So if this replaces your keyboard how do you guys use jump now?
Tapping the space bar with my thump has become so natural.
Must be hard to get used to another way to jump.

It depends on the game. For something like MW2 where jumping is only really needed just to maneuver around the level, I keep it mapped to a side button on the mouse. You could also map it to one of the trigger buttons on the NavStick if you wanted to go jump crazy. The larger, bottom trigger is very sensitive. It would make a good choice, but I like having it for a hair trigger for melee.

Offline CrossCrucial

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07:58 PM - 10/10/10 »
Well I finally have all the essential pieces to get this working..

For some odd reason, it's not going as smoothly as I'd hoped though.

I'm running Windows XP SP2 32bit.. And I got my Nav. controller working yesterday, I even tested it on a PC game to make sure everything was good to go, and it seemed to be. But for some reason I can't get it to register in the XIM software.. I have it set to "joystick" and everything, so I don't think that's the problem. I'm currently updating steam to run a game and see if the controller is still working via the PC.

I don't run windows often (I'm more of a mac guy..*puts up flame shield) so I confess I am just a little bit lost.. can anybody give me any input on something I may have missed/done wrong?

Thanks for any suggestions you may have!

My only guess is that the Nav Controller wasn't set as your default joystick in the control panel. A restart or unplugging another joystick (possibly the 2nd cable from the xim controller making the PC recognize it as a 360 Pad) could have set you straight. Just in case this happens again.

Offline AP

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: aGamingPenguin-
« Reply #29 on: 08:36 AM - 10/12/10 »
Just wanted to say thanks, I got it working with your drives no problem.

I gave it ago but it seems I am just to used to keyboard!
it just felt too strange to me! but I going to keep it as there maybe a game it will be perfect for!
you never know.
Quote from: He4DHuNt3r
oh ya I have a on suite bathroom for my games room....... and a shower!

I used to be someone now I am just me ..... :D