XIM Community

[XIM2] PS3 Move Navigation Controller - Working driver for Xim  (Read 49299 times)

Offline CrossCrucial

• View Profile
Ok, it took a day or two. But I now have a working PS3 Navigation Controller with my Xim2 :o

You'll need this DS3 Beta driver that I modified. Just update the driver of the 'HID Input Device' that has a PID of 0x042F. NOT the 'HID Game Controller'

You have to push the PS button once to activate the controller. You can however map that joy button to anything in the Xim software. Make sure you select 'Joystick' in the left tab of Xim-Configure for movement.

Note: With this beta driver, motion controls aren't working. Only the analog thumbstick, dpad, triggers, X & O face buttons and the Sony power button.

P.S. If this doesn't work for you guys, let me know. There might be some dependencies as I had a lot of stuff installed to test. But I have my Navigation Controller working on my XP SP2 x32 Laptop and my Win7 x32 PC (UAC Disabled). Didn't get a chance to test x64 as it's late and I was stoned half the time I was working on this  :P. ENJOY!

---

Has anyone had any luck mapping the move 'nunchuck' with ppjoy?

They are $25 at costco, so I was thinking about getting one.

Since I can't find the asus eee-sticks for import anymore, I'd have to either get the ps3 move nav controller or use the nunchuck from a splitfish ps3 setup, but that's pretty expensive for not wanting the mouse. The new one is wireless (ugh =/ ) but has a 3rd trigger button. Haven't heard how well it works with the Xim though. Hoping someone has had luck with the the Move-chuck because those are readily available and cheap.

BTW. I have a G13 with a modded stick. It's just overkill for some games where I could just run and gun from the couch.

Update: Picked one up at B.J.'s Wholesale. Also only $25 (they have a free 2 month trial membership coupon online) Going to try getting it going later tonight.

9/30 Update: Well I've gotten the controller to work in windows using MotionJoy. Pulled the pID using USBview and replaced the sixaxis productID in the motionjoy driver with the one for the navigation controller. Right now, all the buttons are recognized but the X and Y axis are mapped to the DPAD. No analog support yet. Still working on it.

I don't own a PS3 so MotionJoy is a little knew to me. Could be overlooking something very simple. I'm going to look for a HID mouse in controll panel and see if I can find the analog joystick
« Last Edit: 09:38 PM - 06/07/11 by mist4fun »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: PS3 Move Navigation Controller - with ppjoy
« Reply #1 on: 11:43 AM - 09/28/10 »
If you figure this out, let me know. :)
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BO4TZ
« Reply #2 on: 11:48 AM - 09/28/10 »
I tried searching around and haven't found anythign yet. I was thinking about picking one up this week and giving it a shot with the usb driver people use for the ps3 controller

http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/libusb-win32/wiki

Offline CrossCrucial

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:09 PM - 09/28/10 »
Yeah, here's a discussion that I came across about using the sixaxis drivers, but it seems to have been taken off course by a few hijackers who want support for the actual move 3d controller.

http://forums.motioninjoy.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=929

someone said Windows did recognize it as a HID compliant device. But no other info. I might go pick one up and play around with it this weekend to see what data I can get from button presses. Maybe we'll get lucky and the buttons will just pass keyboard key presses over usb.

Offline Stele

• View Profile
Re: PS3 Move Navigation Controller - Working driver for Xim
« Reply #4 on: 04:52 AM - 10/01/10 »
Do you have a link for the DS3 Beta driver?

Do I need to install Motionjoy and/or anything else?

This will be awesome if i can get it to work...

Offline CrossCrucial

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:26 AM - 10/01/10 »
Do you have a link for the DS3 Beta driver?

Do I need to install Motionjoy and/or anything else?

This will be awesome if i can get it to work...

I included everything you need. See the attachment. Motionjoy software isn't compatible yet. It doesn't recognize the product ID of the controller (this is the case with everyone's PS3 controller software). I'm sure when they get around to implementing it, we might have gyro control as well (for melee or reloading - hey an extra 'button' is an extra button)

I just modified a Dual Shock 3 driver from a Japanese programmer. I tried EVERYTHING else. I even hacked up the motionjoy driver. But without the software, the controller was stuck in NES controller mode (no analog stick/ DPAD was set to X,Y axis)

Offline linzheng

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:26 AM - 10/02/10 »
is it connected to pc via usb cable or bluetooth? and does it work with xim1 on ps3?
thx
« Last Edit: 09:09 AM - 10/02/10 by linzheng »

Offline CrossCrucial

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:25 AM - 10/02/10 »
It's only a USB driver. It's recognized as a normal windows Joystick and works as such in the Xim software. Not sure about Xae. I don't have a Xim1, but there isn't any reason it wouldn't work. You can use Joytokey for the buttons if you want, but that's only required if you want to set up macros on the controller or map the thumbstick to WASD (digital movement)

This is a DualShock3 Input Driver that I hacked to work with the default "HID controller" driver that installs automatically for the Navigation Controller. So the button numbering is a littler weird, but every button is mapped. Only X and Y axis work (thumbstick)

There are two trigger buttons, thumbstick click, Dpad mapped as four buttons and an additional 3 other buttons as the PS button works as a regular button (also activates the controller).

Make sure you press the PS button every time you want to use the controller (after rebooting or unplugging controller)

If you change the USB port, you will have to manually select the right driver for the controller again. But it will be listed after selecting "Have Disk" after the 1st time you install the driver. "SIXAXIS/DUALSHOCK3 (USB) Beta"

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #8 on: 10:30 AM - 10/02/10 »
Sorry, I'm a little late on this and I'm not sure about something: it has an active USB connection option (i.e. USB connection isn't used just for charging)?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline linzheng

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:11 AM - 10/02/10 »
It's only a USB driver. It's recognized as a normal windows Joystick and works as such in the Xim software.

i've got another question. Is the xbox360 wireless controller(for windows) been recognized as normal windows joystick? coz i can't get it work with xim1, the only option under input device is mousekeyboard. Do i need other softwares?
I really don't wanna waste money on a navigation controller since its au$50 in AUS, and i have no interest in ps move at all.

thx

Offline CrossCrucial

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06:33 PM - 10/02/10 »
Sorry, I'm a little late on this and I'm not sure about something: it has an active USB connection option (i.e. USB connection isn't used just for charging)?

Yeah, it's pretty much half a Dual Shock3. Just has a different Product ID. Hooked up with USB>Mini USB cable. I really didn't try too hard to get it working through Bluetooth, as I like everything wired.
======

On a side note, I also have it working in Xemulate by using the vibmod 360 controller emulator. I can upload the files needed for that if anyone wants.

My actual setup is PS3 Navigation Controller (USB) w/ my driver. All buttons remapped in JoyToKey to numbers/KBkeys for use with autohotkey (autohotkey doesn't support outputting joy keys, only reading them). I then use the xinput emulator only for the joystick to map it to 360aleftstickx +y in xemulator. However, the official Xim software picks it up as a standard joystick just fine without the 360 controller emulator.

Obviously my setup is overkill for most people. I even keep my G13 on my desk and active (as keyboard buttons and WASD analog only) just in case. This is why JoyToKey is nice, because mainstream Xim software doesn't allow multiple keys assigned to xbox buttons. Which means you can't switch between a joypad and keyboard on the fly without other software.

For BFBC2 I'll probably use the G13 for my left hand, and keep the PS3 Nav controller mapped to the right stick, so I can pick it up when I jump in a Heli.

Offline Threewheels

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:01 PM - 10/03/10 »
i've got another question. Is the xbox360 wireless controller(for windows) been recognized as normal windows joystick? coz i can't get it work with xim1, the only option under input device is mousekeyboard. Do i need other softwares?
I really don't wanna waste money on a navigation controller since its au$50 in AUS, and i have no interest in ps move at all.

thx

The xbox WIRED controller can be recognized by windows as a joystick.  but to use a wireless controller for windows, you need a wireless receiver, as the play-and-charge kit is only for charging the batteries, not for relaying controller signals to the xbox.

http://www.buy.com/prod/xbox-360-wireless-gaming-receiver/q/sellerid/22452486/loc/108/202927469.html

Offline linzheng

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09:58 PM - 10/03/10 »

thx

The xbox WIRED controller can be recognized by windows as a joystick.  but to use a wireless controller for windows, you need a wireless receiver, as the play-and-charge kit is only for charging the batteries, not for relaying controller signals to the xbox.

http://www.buy.com/prod/xbox-360-wireless-gaming-receiver/q/sellerid/22452486/loc/108/202927469.html

as I said, it is a 'xbox360 wireless controller for windows', the reciever comes with the controller and i've never used a play-and-charge kit.

komrad

« Reply #13 on: 10:07 PM - 10/03/10 »
How is this controller with a mouse? I'm thinking about buying one, but I don't know if it'd be worth it since I have a g13 already. My hand/thumb joint tends to start hurting after a hour or so of playing with the G13, so I might just end up buying one if I know that it'd be a supported device for the XIM3.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10:21 PM - 10/03/10 »
Yeah, it's pretty much half a Dual Shock3. Just has a different Product ID. Hooked up with USB>Mini USB cable. I really didn't try too hard to get it working through Bluetooth, as I like everything wired.

So the bluetooth option is disabled and you're only using a wired connection?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos