XIM Community

[TUT] Superior Translation via Unorthodox Method (Performance Tweak)  (Read 6981 times)

Online mattyb98

• View Profile
I have been using this curve on overwatch with the off syncronisation setting in general it feels amazing micro aiming and for some reason larger flicks feel far better but i am experiencing some stutter on my ads scope settings as there is no real ads its ads based off hip controlls so im going to try default and common to see if one provides a better experience but so far i do see the advantages and am i correct in saying that in lamens terms all this curve really does is keep a linear translater but shift the overall x and y axis meaning you are using a far smaller and therefore more precise set of values or am i misinterpreting and talking out my @#$%

Offline TSARGA

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SkubaniecTSARGA
am i correct in saying that in lamens terms all this curve really does is keep a linear translater but shift the overall x and y axis meaning you are using a far smaller and therefore more precise set of values or am i misinterpreting and talking out my @#$%

This curve is 1:1 because all it does is multiplying the sensitivity by 10. In other words it doesn't change anything.
« Last Edit: 06:41 PM - 04/01/18 by TSARGA »

Offline YeaItsMe

• View Profile
This curve is 1:1 because all it does is multiplying the sensitivity by 10. In other words it doesn't change anything.

I don't fully understand the science behind this curve but after trying MANY different settings for Fortnite this curve is a game changer for me....Close, Mid Range, Distance...all good.

It can't be just a simple sensitivity increase. This curve gives me a level of precision that I couldn't obtain before...at any range of engagement.

Rocking G502/hardpad  at 12,000/1,000hz, default, 0.98 for both hip/ads. and 20 smoothing for both. I can't imagine any better settings than these for fortnite...for me anyway.

Thanks again mjfame
« Last Edit: 08:03 PM - 04/01/18 by YeaItsMe »

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
is there a way to convert this to a xim4 curve?

Offline smallstonefan

• View Profile
I just tried this on Pubg and it's the best performance with the Xim I've had yet.

I wonder if this is like gain-staging in audio, where there are various points in the chain (mouse, Xim sensitivity, curves, ???) and this starts with the most sensitive part first, rather than factoring it in later...

james

Offline TSARGA

• View Profile
It can't be just a simple sensitivity increase.
Yes it can because that's what it is.

is there a way to convert this to a xim4 curve?
Just set the point at 10% to 100% or multiply your sensitivity by 10.

Offline TopNotch1.0

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Merckx
@ mjfame wow this works awesome, just tried it on fortnite (xbox) and i gotto say its much easier to track targets and upclose i can easily flick shots, witch gives me more confindence to build since i dont have to worry about AA messing up my aim. Keep up the good work! *two thumbs up*

Offline YeaItsMe

• View Profile
It can't be just a simple sensitivity increase.
Yes it can because that's what it is.

Where does the extra control or precision come from.?

Just set the point at 10% to 100% or multiply your sensitivity by 10.

Running the newest beta firmware...

Fortnite - I had settled on 10 hip and 5 ads. 1,000hz, common at 12,000dpi. With this curve I'm running 0.98 for both hip and ads, on default and 20 smoothing.. I'm able to run higher sens on ads compared to my hip because the control is sooooo much better. I no longer have to rely on hip firing a shotgun in close quarter engagements...flick to ads shooting is now in my arsenal.
« Last Edit: 04:32 AM - 04/02/18 by YeaItsMe »

Offline Dutch_muscle

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ferror error
Mjfame.

I am low sens player

4000dpi
5.25 hip
2.5 add
1000hz

I did read your whole theory and think I give it a try
My concerns However are: my sensitivities are so low in my current setup is the apex precise enough in the double digits to have the same mouse speeds as on a vanilla st?

Btw I saw your stats on bf1 and don't know if this is a troll account or what?
Either way I'm not that impressed with a infantry kd of 1.54... second there is no magical pill with a setup like yours to be a God in any fps.
I think a regular player without al those tweaks can achieve a kd of 2 in bf1.
What I really mean is al those high tech tweak will do little to nothing on people here that don't know the basics in good aiming. Not to hate you I appreciate your work/findings
« Last Edit: 04:49 AM - 04/02/18 by Dutch_muscle »
Bf addict

Offline pacinoallstars

• View Profile
Gives me a error when i try to paste the curve into my apex. Im running latest firmware

>>> XIM APEX [Translate Ballistics] START COPY >>>
X5BC:AAAH0A+gF3AfQKcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQ:X5BC
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<

Nvm it works now. I tried with cod ww2 and it indeed feels much better. I wonder if people have good pubg settings?
« Last Edit: 07:12 AM - 04/02/18 by pacinoallstars »

Offline TSARGA

• View Profile
Where does the extra control or precision come from.?
Definitely not from the curve/sensitivity settings.

Btw I saw your stats on bf1 and don't know if this is a troll account or what?
Either way I'm not that impressed with a infantry kd of 1.54... second there is no magical pill with a setup like yours to be a God in any fps.
I think a regular player without al those tweaks can achieve a kd of 2 in bf1.
Nobody cares about stats anyway.

Offline Dutch_muscle

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ferror error
Its says enough of how good you are or not, so often people have theories about this and that, but their aim is @#$% anyway.
Bf addict

Offline II THE HOST II

• View Profile
I love it. I have been looking for something exactly like this.  The movement makes much more sense now.  I can turn fast and slow.  My control is so good now at slow speeds and still fast to build.

Love it.

You are also the one that convinced me that 1000hz was not the end all be all.  I would have returned the apex at first because the first firmware was trash for fortnite.

Once i turned the apex down to 125hz it was much better.

Now with this it doesn't really matter what apex is set at. 

Offline stormynight

• View Profile
Does anybody have recommended setting for pubg using this curve?

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-
Does anybody have recommended setting for pubg using this curve?

I used it on pubg and followed the recommended setting. I did however had to lower my sensitivity significantly. I'm on 4k DPI @1000hz and I went from 290 hip to 5 hip. So that kind of gives us idea of how significant the change has to be made.  Surprisingly this curve even with it's whacked out look actually feels good on pubg. Maybe it's placebo but I've been using it the past two days. I can track ,snap better and micro-movements is smooth like a baby's butt.
« Last Edit: 01:31 PM - 04/02/18 by R3MiX »
XiM3R since ever since.