XIM Community

OK WHO'S PUMPED?  (Read 4413 times)

Offline SKAG187

• MVP
  • PHD in Teledildonics (a pioneer in the field)
    • View Profile
OK WHO'S PUMPED?
« on: 09:26 AM - 06/30/08 »
 WHO'S excited about UT3 coming out next week? I know I sure as hell am, I think Halo 3 might get shelved for a while.

BTW wasn't xim 360/xim 2 supposed to beat UT3 launch? sarcasm in case you couldn't tell, I will wait paitiently like most of us, but all of the positive reports from NIck OBsiv and derrik are causing the drooling
PHD in Teledildonics

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
Re: OK WHO'S PUMPED?
« Reply #1 on: 09:44 AM - 06/30/08 »
It was rumored to me that I was *supposed* to get a 30 minute play preview of the May 08 build of UT3 as the last one I played was a couple of weeks ago, but that was a Jan 08 build. I haven't heard back from my crew over there yet, but if I do I will be hauling my xim360 over there and trying it out. It felt really good with Xim 1, so I can only imagine if the developers didn't change the control scheme that it would be good with Xim 2. Either way, when it does get into my hands I will be testing it IMMEDIATELY and will report back to the team for discussion, then on here showing our findings.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline NoZart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:57 AM - 06/30/08 »
whats up with that? I got my retail copy on friday...

Offline Svyline

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:04 AM - 06/30/08 »
AM i missing something, doesn't UT3 support M/K setup just like PS3? So why use XIM/2? unless you guys are playing with the joystick player section?

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: OMGsus
  • PSN ID: OMGsus
« Reply #4 on: 10:09 AM - 06/30/08 »
AM i missing something, doesn't UT3 support M/K setup just like PS3? So why use XIM/2? unless you guys are playing with the joystick player section?

In UT3, if you have your game set for M/K play you are discriminated against and aren't allowed to play on servers that don't allow M/K players.... most don't.

Offline NoZart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:10 AM - 06/30/08 »

MS didnt want that, so no MK support for UT360. (no  OFFICIAL support, that is ;)  )

Offline SKAG187

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:12 AM - 06/30/08 »

Wait, what?
tell me you are yankin me on this. you didn't actually get a retail copy already did you?
PHD in Teledildonics

Offline SKAG187

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:13 AM - 06/30/08 »

In UT3, if you have your game set for M/K play you are discriminated against and aren't allowed to play on servers that don't allow M/K players.... most don't.

I don't think that will be an issue on live, do you? Since the M/K support is 3rd party (xim2) what they don't know won't hurt them much
PHD in Teledildonics

Offline Svyline

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:15 AM - 06/30/08 »
lol thats whack, MS will lose all thos PC gamers that want to port to a console just to play with the wide community players for XBL.

Offline Svyline

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:18 AM - 06/30/08 »

I don't think that will be an issue on live, do you? Since the M/K support is 3rd party (xim2) what they don't know won't hurt them much

XBL community do know about XIM and XFPS users out there, but since XIM is not as huge enough to be a threat joystick users will only assume you playing with a crappy XFPS adapter.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10:21 AM - 06/30/08 »

Wait, what?
tell me you are yankin me on this. you didn't actually get a retail copy already did you?

A couple of years ago, I did some extensive testing that would pay anywhere from 50-120/hr for 3 hours of testing a day. I paid a "fee" to be part of a testers "guild" and I started working with a few developers to get small contracts for so many hours of testing.This was on PC though and back in 2000 through 2002 where they would give me a copy of the game a few weeks before it was going to hit retail. They would make you sign non disclosure agreements of confidentiality and ID tag the copies you had so if they got out you would be @%@#@#[email protected]  Now they don't do that anymore due to leaks on torrents, p2p etc etc in addition to people finding ways to "remove" the ID. With the 360 however, the Torrents are from I have noticed very very rare since you have to mod your 360 and in addition to that XBL black balls your unit once it's modded incorrectly so you can't even get online. Point to my story is, it's possible he did get a copy of it since the final press was already completed a few weeks prior (according to my buddies who let me test the Jan 08 build with the Xim 1 in the first part of June 08). It's not uncommon for people to get retail copies aprox a week before street release since the retail copies are already made.

That's my take on it.

Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #11 on: 10:33 AM - 06/30/08 »
WHO'S excited about UT3 coming out next week?

I am!
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline NoZart

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10:55 AM - 06/30/08 »

A couple of years ago, I did some extensive testing that would pay anywhere from 50-120/hr for 3 hours of testing a day. I paid a "fee" to be part of a testers "guild" and I started working with a few developers to get small contracts for so many hours of testing.This was on PC though and back in 2000 through 2002 where they would give me a copy of the game a few weeks before it was going to hit retail. They would make you sign non disclosure agreements of confidentiality and ID tag the copies you had so if they got out you would be @%@#@#[email protected]  Now they don't do that anymore due to leaks on torrents, p2p etc etc in addition to people finding ways to "remove" the ID. With the 360 however, the Torrents are from I have noticed very very rare since you have to mod your 360 and in addition to that XBL black balls your unit once it's modded incorrectly so you can't even get online. Point to my story is, it's possible he did get a copy of it since the final press was already completed a few weeks prior (according to my buddies who let me test the Jan 08 build with the Xim 1 in the first part of June 08). It's not uncommon for people to get retail copies aprox a week before street release since the retail copies are already made.

That's my take on it.

i am in europe, the releasedate here is the 4th, and big marts like mediamarkt and saturn stock up early (and most of the time, brake the street date).  got mine from Saturn on friday.

btw, care to share your testing cfgs? as UT3 offers 2 different settings on control (sens and accel) i would like to give it a try, but my understanding of xim still is kinda dimm...

Offline SKAG187

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11:00 AM - 06/30/08 »
NoZart, since you already have the game, would you mind answering some questions?

1 is there M/K support?

2 whats up with mods?

thanks
Tony
PHD in Teledildonics

Offline xSir Nubx

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11:46 AM - 06/30/08 »
I am just getting it for PS3 since it has mouse and keybaord support, and it runs mods and stuff. But the downside is that I will have no friends on PS3.