XIM Community

profile settings (cant find link) H3 and COD4  (Read 3845 times)

Offline Crashpilot

• View Profile
profile settings (cant find link) H3 and COD4
« on: 07:24 PM - 01/21/08 »
Can people please post their xim and game profile settings? ( I cannot find the link that was on the original website. I'm after halo3 and COD4 settings for a G5

Game:
Mouse:
DPI used:
In game sensivity:
Deadzone etc:

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
Re: profile settings (cant find link) H3 and COD4
« Reply #1 on: 02:46 PM - 01/22/08 »
The following is after many many hours of tweaking around. I have come up with this. I use both an mx518 (set to 1600dpi) and a creative labs 7600 laser mouse (2400dpi). I have found the higher dpi is feels better, which is why the creative 7600 laser mouse is my mouse of choice now.

Please reference the picture below. These settings are how I have my mouse and keyboard set up. Merc Zboard, Creative 7600 laser mouse (2400DPI).

You will find that the sensitivity is at 14, but that is due to the lower translation exponent if you back off the translation you have to increase the sensitivity (or decrease) by a ratio of about 4 to 1 or so. Changing it just .10 will make a big difference and feel in the game.

This set up is HALO 3. I am working on COD 4 but to be honest with you, cod4 plays so nicely that I tweaked it for 30 minutes and its so nice now.

Enjoy!!

[Configuration]
InputDevice               = MouseKeyboard
MouseDeadZone             = 0
MouseUpdateFrequency      = 1
AnalogStickOnRight        = True
AnalogStickDeadZoneFind   = False

[AnalogStick]
DeadZone                  = 32
DeadZoneType              = Circular
YXRatio                   = 2.00
TranslationExponent       = .35
SensitivityPrimary        = 15.00
SensitivitySecondary      = 30.00
SensitivityToggle         = KeyLeftControl
Smoothness                = 0.75

[DigitalStick]
Up                        = KeyW
Left                      = KeyA
Right                     = KeyD
Down                      = KeyS
SensitivityPrimary        = 1.0
SensitivitySecondary      = 0.5
SensitivityToggle         = KeyNumpad9

[Buttons]ro
RightTrigger              = MouseLeft
LeftTrigger               = MouseForward
RightStick                = KeyLeftShift
LeftStick                 = MouseRight
RightBumper               = KeyE, KeyR
LeftBumper                = KeyQ
A                         = KeySpace
B                         = MouseBack
X                         = KeyF
Y                         = MouseMiddle, MouseScrollDown
Up                        = KeyUp, KeyLeftAlt
Left                      = KeyLeft
Right                     = KeyRight
Down                      = KeyDown
Start                     = KeyEnter
Back                      = KeyTab
Guide                     = KeyEscape

Some Comments about the button layout.

I have attended many many tourney's etc and at the First winter CPL for Halo 1 pc I used a set up that is the same across all games including CSS, COD, COD 2, COD 4 and most tactical shooters, I have done all the above in CAL with the exception of COD4 which I am no long on the competitive circuit, although I wish I was I do miss it but due to real life activities....

anyway...

I like to have as much as my hands on the AWSD and the mouse as possible and I hate taking fingers off to hit other buttons which cost me precious nano seconds and means death.
This set up is a very efficient set up that I give to all my friends. Once they got it dialed in they wondered how they lived without it.

It's not for everyone, but then again I don't expect it to be. Take it and run with it and change it around to your liking, that's what it's there for.
« Last Edit: 03:02 PM - 01/22/08 by nickstudy »
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline Snackmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:52 PM - 01/22/08 »
Nickstudy - Thanks for you hard work and input.  I've finally completed the XPFS XIM setup and look forward to your "final" thoughts on settings for COD4.  I've read your initial posts and appreciate any additional info you provide.

Offline thorimmortal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:21 PM - 01/22/08 »
why so high on the secondary sens? I have noticed you have to hold the mouse forward button down the whole time to use the secondary sensitivity, so I macro the second sens. to my right mouse.

LeftTrigger     =RightMouse
AnalogStick]
DeadZone                  = 37
YXRatio                   = 1.5
SensitivityPrimary        = 12.00
SensitivitySecondary      = 15.00
SensitivityToggle         = RightMouse
Smoothness                = 0.1
Im still trying to get all the bugs worked out to find the sweet spot, one thing at a time, when I get it I will post my set up

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:44 PM - 01/22/08 »
why so high on the secondary sens? I have noticed you have to hold the mouse forward button down the whole time to use the secondary sensitivity, so I macro the second sens. to my right mouse.

AnalogStick]
Im still trying to get all the bugs worked out to find the sweet spot, one thing at a time, when I get it I will post my set up

Ahhh HAH. A second person who likes .35 translation exponent. That setting feels just
right. .40 gets jumpy and forget about anything close to .70 (jitteryyyyyyyyy)

I need the R mouse for scope zoom. hence why the control button is my secondary sens toggle.

The good thing is games like COD 4 on console differ with the prone option, here I can use shift for crouch AND prone just by holding it down. Although now I wish there was a lean left and right feature (like on pc).

Yep yep. You see 12 sensitivity with a .35 translation expo is pretty @#$% good I must say, I float between 14 to 15 but thats a personal preference.

I do feel after another month or so im sure we'll have the closest to perfect set up that is achievable with halo 3, of course until the XIM 2 comes along and we can get rid of that @#$% XFPS.

I wonder how obsiv is doing on that xim2 hmmmm.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline Crashpilot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:48 PM - 01/22/08 »
thanks for the feedback guys. I look foward to testing your settings when my XIM arrives in the next few days.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:16 PM - 01/22/08 »
thanks for the feedback guys. I look foward to testing your settings when my XIM arrives in the next few days.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline thorimmortal

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:38 PM - 01/23/08 »

AnalogStick]

Ahhh HAH. A second person who likes .35 translation exponent. That setting feels just

I need the R mouse for scope zoom. hence why the control button is my secondary sens toggle.

The good thing is games like COD 4 on console differ with the prone option, here I can use shift for crouch AND prone just by holding it down. Although now I wish there was a lean left and right feature (like on pc).

Yep yep. You see 12 sensitivity with a .35 translation expo is pretty @#$% good I must say, I float between 14 to 15 but thats a personal preference.

I do feel after another month or so im sure we'll have the closest to perfect set up that is achievable with halo 3, of course until the XIM 2 comes along and we can get rid of that @#$% XFPS.

What I was implying is that my scope zoom is still bound to my RightMouse/zoom function, but the second sens. is also bound to my right mouse, so now I can control the sensitivity all in one button press for zoom, just a different way of setting it up, I understand the function of the secondary sens. but for cod4 this is a good fit, becouse when zoomed in under the primary sensitivity the tracking of the reticule is a little slow for me, I don't know? just seemed like usefull information.   

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:32 PM - 01/23/08 »

AnalogStick]

What I was implying is that my scope zoom is still bound to my RightMouse/zoom function, but the second sens. is also bound to my right mouse, so now I can control the sensitivity all in one button press for zoom, just a different way of setting it up, I understand the function of the secondary sens. but for cod4 this is a good fit, becouse when zoomed in under the primary sensitivity the tracking of the reticule is a little slow for me, I don't know? just seemed like usefull information.   

;D

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH????? MY BAD man, dude that is an EXCELLENT idea, ya right mouse zoom and secondary zoom. Brilliant, so would I just set up the right mouse as my secondary sens and leave my r mouse button as zoom, no conflicts with that I suppose.

You are cool. I love you.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:38 PM - 01/23/08 »
Latest config I have been using for Halo 3. Upped deadzone by 1 and lowered sens by 2.25 and reduced smooth down to .30 (for a more snappy feel).

when I get home today I will mess with secondary sens on the right mouse button for zooming and higher sens, ya that will be cool.

[AnalogStick]
DeadZone                  = 33
YXRatio                   = 2.00
SensitivityPrimary        = 12.75
SensitivitySecondary      = 30.00
SensitivityToggle         = KeyLeftControl
Smoothness                = 0.30

[DigitalStick]
Up                        = KeyW
Left                      = KeyA
Right                     = KeyD
Down                      = KeyS
SensitivityPrimary        = 1.0
SensitivitySecondary      = 0.5
SensitivityToggle         = KeyNumpad9

[Buttons]ro
RightTrigger              = MouseLeft
LeftTrigger               = MouseForward
RightStick                = KeyLeftShift
LeftStick                 = MouseRight
RightBumper               = KeyE, KeyR
LeftBumper                = KeyQ
A                         = KeySpace
B                         = MouseBack
X                         = KeyF
Y                         = MouseMiddle, MouseScrollDown
Up                        = KeyUp, KeyLeftAlt
Left                      = KeyLeft
Right                     = KeyRight
Down                      = KeyDown
Start                     = KeyEnter
Back                      = KeyTab
Guide                     = KeyEscape

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline SUPRARACER

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:24 PM - 01/23/08 »
Latest config I have been using for Halo 3. Upped deadzone by 1 and lowered sens by 2.25 and reduced smooth down to .30 (for a more snappy feel).

when I get home today I will mess with secondary sens on the right mouse button for zooming and higher sens, ya that will be cool.

I think he was referring to COD4 and the 2nd sens and sights both to the right mouse button not Halo 3 (then again you may be talking about that to!)

John

Offline thorimmortal

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03:53 PM - 01/23/08 »

I think he was referring to COD4 and the 2nd sens and sights both to the right mouse button not Halo 3 (then again you may be talking about that to!)

John

Yes the secondary sensitivity for the look/AnologStick , not the secondary sens. for the movement/DigitalStick, I belive to toggle the AnologStick secondary sens. on and off like a switch without constantly holding the key press like in nickstudy's setup (thats a long way to reach by the way)you would have to bind the secondary sens. to the CapsLock for the AnologStick, Right?

Offline Sick_Tight

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05:53 PM - 01/23/08 »
;D

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH????? MY BAD man, dude that is an EXCELLENT idea, ya right mouse zoom and secondary zoom. Brilliant, so would I just set up the right mouse as my secondary sens and leave my r mouse button as zoom, no conflicts with that I suppose.

You are cool. I love you.

Ha ha, yeah Nick a lot of people use the secondary zoom function in Call of Duty to just there right mouse button because for some reason in the Xbox version your sensitivity slows down when you use you aim your weapon (not shooting from the hip). so yeah you can have the key buttons and mouse buttons do multiple things. So try setting up your Left mouse button to Aim your weapon and use it for your secondary sensitivity as well too. It might take you a bit to figure out what sensitivity is the exact same as your primary but I usually just make it 2.0 points more than my primary and it works nicely. . .But if you like the feel of being able to turn fast when not zoom and slower when you are zoomed then you can alway make it lower too. . . But coming from CS:S I like all my sensitivity the same. Once you do it you'll love it ha ha

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10:06 AM - 10/17/08 »
Months old so likely resolved.

I'm closing this post and if anyone still needs some help they can start a new more current post.

Closed...