XIM Community

Report rate warning using Roccat Tyon mouse and XIM Apex  (Read 791 times)

Offline sh0kth3rapy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ceskelmag
Hi,

Just wanted to give some feedback on a warning I had come up while using my XIM Apex for the first time today, in case anyone else has this issue. Plugging my Roccat Tyon mouse in for the first time presented a warning that 'Your mouse USB report rate is less than XIM APEX max rate, etc. Looking further into it, clicking on the Mouse Icon up top of the Apex manager showed that the mouse had a polling rate of 20hz, which was odd since I've always had it set to 1000hz. Thinking it could be reading the LEDs or the Tracking Control Unit, I disabled both within the mouse firmware and the error went away. Not sure if it would have really impacted gameplay.

Just thought I would share. Really happy with the Apex, and XIM in general.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Report rate warning using Roccat Tyon mouse and XIM Apex
« Reply #1 on: 09:53 AM - 03/30/18 »
Thanks for the feedback. The issue is that we can't know what your mouse is reporting at until we observe it running. You can turn your light back on, but, next time you see this, just move your mouse and the warning will clear. We have to do it this way since some mice lie about their polling rate. Meaning, they say they are running at 1000Hz, but in reality, they aren't -- not even close. Your mouse won't have this problem.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline sh0kth3rapy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ceskelmag
« Reply #2 on: 09:36 PM - 03/30/18 »
Ahh, figures I'd skip the simplest solution first, lol. Thank you for the insight.

Offline bastyen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:02 AM - 04/17/18 »
Ahh, figures I'd skip the simplest solution first, lol. Thank you for the insight.

Hello,
I use the same mouse and I want to know if you put the max DPI with the Xim Apex ?
Best regards
S