XIM Community

XIM APEX [FIRMWARE 20180402] [MANAGER 20180402] (**RELEASE CANDIDATE**) FEEDBACK  (Read 6899 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
No sync doesn't affect responsiveness. When your XIM APEX sends translated input to the console, your most recent mouse input is used. I wouldn't have added the Synchronize setting is that wasn't the case. :)
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Fbomb

• View Profile
No sync doesn't affect responsiveness. When your XIM APEX sends translated input to the console, your most recent mouse input is used. I wouldn't have added the Synchronize setting is that wasn't the case. :)

Okay, even better.

That means that you should always run sync at whatever framerate the game runs at then? Since there's no jitter or any other downside to it compared to off which has jitter and needs smoothing to remove it. And it seems like people say smoothing makes it less responsive. Can you comment on if it's true?

Last question:
What about aim assist does hz, sync, or smoothing affect that in any way?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
I don't know how it affects AA. It really depends on how the particular game designed it's AA. What I'm saying is, no setting was added specifically to affect AA.

Offline Professordowns

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ytfeL
if I'm going from the factory build what do I need to do to my sensitivity? I'm playin bf1 which I assume is only 30 fps. yet when I divided my sens by 4 it was still ridiculously fast. I'm missing something. again I'm going from the factory build, how could I go about getting my sensitivities the same or close? 80 hip 53.36 ads. what would I do for 60 fps and 30 fps?

Offline Fbomb

• View Profile
I don't know how it affects AA. It really depends on how the particular game designed it's AA. What I'm saying is, no setting was added specifically to affect AA.

Okay, very good to know. We should do a thorough test on it.

Now I know, I said that was only going to ask one more question but I got one more, haha. Sorry, pal.

Do smoothing affect responsiveness? I've tried to test it myself and I get why people say it does, but in some games I don't feel a difference and in others I do. Perhaps placebo effect.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Smoothing may affect responsiveness -- a little, although I designed it to really minimize that.

Offline Fbomb

• View Profile
Smoothing may affect responsiveness -- a little, although I designed it to really minimize that.

Noted. You should really put this information into the app so a person would know. Just a tip.

So from what you're saying we should always run sync at the same rate as the game's framerate? since it doesn't affect polling rate. 1000hz at common is more responsive than 500hz at common etc etc because of the mouse input ms.
And off has jitter and you don't want to touch smoothing for the most part because of the possiblity of lost responsiveness, which you don't lose in the new sync option and sync removes jitter.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
you don't want to touch smoothing for the most part because of the possiblity of lost responsiveness

This is why I don't state things like this. :) Smoothness doesn't add perceivable lag/responsiveness unless to make it really high. Meaning if you can actually feel it (i.e. a "detachment"), then, make it lower. Otherwise, you shouldn't worry about it and use the setting if it makes things feel right to you.

Offline Fbomb

• View Profile
you don't want to touch smoothing for the most part because of the possiblity of lost responsiveness

This is why I don't state things like this. :) Smoothness doesn't add perceivable lag/responsiveness unless to make it really high. Meaning if you can actually feel it (i.e. a "detachment"), then, make it lower. Otherwise, you shouldn't worry about it and use the setting if it makes things feel right to you.

I knew you were going to say that when I was typing it, haha ::) ;) I know I overexaggerated it. Smoothing is fine but I do feel a difference.

Why should we chose anything other than common/slow? Since all console games run at either 60fps or 30 fps

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Why should we chose anything other than common/slow? Since all console games run at either 60fps or 30 fps

I wouldn't choose any other, but, I went with Default (as the default) because it's what all XIMs prior to XIM APEX do. Overall generally works well, but, to optimize further that's why Common and Slow exist.

Offline Fbomb

• View Profile

I wouldn't choose any other, but, I went with Default (as the default) because it's what all XIMs prior to XIM APEX do. Overall generally works well, but, to optimize further that's why Common and Slow exist.

Yes, I know that. I read a lot more than I post on here. The wifey does most of the talking at home so I'm used to just listen, haha.

Then default should be the exact same as common or slow depending on the particular game's framerate? Because it's higher than the game's polling rate.

I have a feeling that those sync options affect aim assist and you should try and add one at 480 which is halfway to off at 1000hz. I could be wrong though. I know 500hz polling rate is that at off but I'm too lazy to test it that way.
« Last Edit: 06:22 PM - 03/30/18 by Fbomb »

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-
I'm getting flashing purple lights and I don't know why. I'm at 1000 Hertz and my mouse is at 1000 Hertz. What could be the reason for getting purple lights?
XiM3R since ever since.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
I'm getting flashing purple lights and I don't know why. I'm at 1000 Hertz and my mouse is at 1000 Hertz. What could be the reason for getting purple lights?

If you haven't set your PS4 controller's communication method to wired (see http://xim.tech/start for more info).

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
K so really nice movement.
1. Where is synchro explained extended etc.? What happens technically when you synchronize mouse and Apex? Is it that without synchronization the Apex falls back to 8ms? How else is the multiplication of sens explainable? So not interested in firm secrets but we need to know what happens to be able to find the perfect settings.

2. English again please! Language is forced. Give me back English as an Option. I used English with the XIM for over 10 Years now I would like to keep the language. Some Translations are also bumpy. Its "die XIM", yeah in German the Xim is female. Who did the Translation Od1n?  ;D

3. Was not a good idea to implement languages. Don't think you will sell a single Xim more because of the languages. German characters use "," instead of "." so its not possible to enter the sens as the input on IOS has no "." just a ",". You can work around.

4. as I said, even if you say ballistics are used less and less, the Ballistic Editor is great but has some problems: sticky slider, arrow changes thousandth instead of hundredth and no smoothing button that calculates the curve without bumps. This would reduce Ballistic editing from 10 to 1 minute.

5. great product!
RookCheck: Relax, no one is attacking you personally.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
PS: too much blinking. You make that device blink so much in different colors its confusing. Useless and just confusing. Reduce the blinking you are not the police.
RookCheck: Relax, no one is attacking you personally.