XIM Community

XIM APEX [FIRMWARE 20180402] [MANAGER 20180402] (**RELEASE CANDIDATE**) FEEDBACK  (Read 6945 times)

Offline tsdbhg

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xolhid
  • PSN ID: xolhid
Let's get this party started. Updated this morning, but haven't had time to test it yet. Getting on in a few minutes and I'll update my findings in a few hours.
« Last Edit: 03:57 PM - 04/03/18 by tsdbhg »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Thanks, if you have used a Beta build previously, please make sure to review your Synchronize settings in all your Configs since it likely changed for you in the update.

The reason this happened is to make it easier for people that have never used the Beta to transition to this build. For their Configs, their Synchronize will be "OFF", which is the behavior they are used to with their existing Configs. But, when they create a new Config going forward, the value will be "DEFAULT".

Thanks for everyone's help in testing this build. It's important since we are driving towards official release.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Sl3vin

• View Profile
ADS ist now very very slow, why?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Please adjust your "Synchronize" setting. With this update it will be different than what you originally set it.

Offline ItsMeDude

• View Profile
This is all messed up for me I want to go back to last firmware and manager. How do I go backwards? 

Offline Zaid

• View Profile
guys please read the firmware notes. he explains everything u need to know about adjusting your sensitivities. u cant just upgrade and not read the notes. the sync settings have been changed to “Off” if u like it how it was in the 03/21 beta then switch it to “Default” and your sensitivities will remain the same as the 03/21

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
guys please read the firmware notes. he explains everything u need to know about adjusting your sensitivities. u cant just upgrade and not read the notes. the sync settings have been changed to “Off” if u like it how it was in the 03/21 beta then switch it to “Default” and your sensitivities will remain the same as the 03/21

I'm not sure how much more bold, underlined, with red letters I need to use. :)

I had to make a choice so I decided this type of hardship should fall on the Beta testers since people unfamiliar with the Beta would have a harder time dealing with drastic sensitivity changes. But, the Beta testers have much more context.

Offline ItsMeDude

• View Profile
Well, since I must be incompetent beta user I'll just stick with the factory settings. When the official next non-beta release comes out will that require synchronize settings adjustments as well?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Well, since I must be incompetent beta user I'll just stick with the factory settings. When the official next non-beta release comes out will that require synchronize settings adjustments as well?

Not for people that never did the Beta. For them, Synchronize will default to "Off". But, new Configs they make will be set to "Default".

But, if you are fixing things up now, then, it won't need to be changed going forward.

Offline ryder553

• View Profile

Not for people that never did the Beta. For them, Synchronize will default to "Off". But, new Configs they make will be set to "Default".

But, if you are fixing things up now, then, it won't need to be changed going forward.

I think it's confusing because of the first beta, EX0, EX1, etc.
For people still on 0303 (the smoothing fix), you need to divide sensitivity by 16. For newer beta builds it's something like 1/2 or 1/4
Xbox One X | XIM APEX | Logitech G502 | Logitech G19s | SteelSeries QcK+ | MixAmp Pro TR | Sennheiser Game One

Offline Zaid

• View Profile

I think it's confusing because of the first beta, EX0, EX1, etc.
For people still on 0303 (the smoothing fix), you need to divide sensitivity by 16. For newer beta builds it's something like 1/2 or 1/4

if you're using the 0303 beta then download the 3/28 beta and select the "Off" option as your sync and keep the same sensitivity as your 0303 beta. however, if you choose the "Default" option in the 3/28 beta then you need to divide your 0303 sensitivity by 8. hope this helps
« Last Edit: 08:26 PM - 03/29/18 by Zaid »

Offline ryder553

• View Profile
Oops, I meant for "Common" 60 FPS setting
Xbox One X | XIM APEX | Logitech G502 | Logitech G19s | SteelSeries QcK+ | MixAmp Pro TR | Sennheiser Game One

Offline Zaid

• View Profile
Oops, I meant for "Common" 60 FPS setting

if you go from 0303 to the "Common" sync option in the 3/28 beta then u need to divide by 16. sorry i corrected my previous post it shouldve been 8 not 16.

0303 to Default = divide by 8
0303 to Common = divide by 16
0303 to Slow = divide by 32
0303 to Off = keep the same sensitivity

Offline NintendoSwitch

• View Profile
right now playing on PS4 Overwatch, 125hz, 15 hip, sync OFF, easily the best settings I've ever had for this game I really can't believe how good it is.

Hopefully this firmware and manager goes Gold so I can always use it since I love it right now. 

Offline NesQuik

• View Profile
Im still on Ex1 and tbh im afraid to upgrade cause it works well for me. Dont want to mess things up. But eventually ill give some new firmwares a try.