XIM Community

I feel like I just found the holy grail.  (Read 6632 times)

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
Re: I feel like I just found the holy grail.
« Reply #15 on: 10:24 AM - 06/30/08 »
they know that we will be crushing their joystick users like a bug. It will be nice if MLG will permit players to use 3rd Party device (XIM/2) on their torny :D

Maybe the "bodielobus" will surface one day.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline derektm

• View Profile
    • Derektm.com
« Reply #16 on: 10:39 AM - 06/30/08 »
they know that we will be crushing their joystick users like a bug. It will be nice if MLG will permit players to use 3rd Party device (XIM/2) on their torny :D

Can't you just use it and not tell them?

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: OMGsus
  • PSN ID: OMGsus
« Reply #17 on: 10:41 AM - 06/30/08 »

Lolz, you made new account so you can bash the community with your trash talkin' @#$%? why dont you post your location so we can beat the crap out of you. get ur info straight son and stop hidin' behind your computer desk and starting a computer fight cuz your a @#$%.

Now now... he could have just been joking sarcastic. I understand the sentiment but let's not get hostile.  Try always assuming someone is just joking. That's what I do and it's worked well for me so far... (except when that guy told me to get away from his property or he'd shoot... not sure what went wrong there.)

Offline Svyline

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10:49 AM - 06/30/08 »
Internet, Any kind of games that offer online... now a days has been a big community for cowards that cant fight for @#$% in the real world. constantly bashing/flammming since they know nobody can hurt them since they can be anywhere. Words can be your weapon from afar, heck even my ancestor used words to try and drive off spanish colony of my country.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11:24 AM - 06/30/08 »
(except when that guy told me to get away from his property or he'd shoot... not sure what went wrong there.)

Lol, didn't happen to be a xim tester did it? hehe.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline xSir Nubx

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11:45 AM - 06/30/08 »
::)

I really hope this doesn't prevent me from being on the buyers list for the initial release batch. 'cause XIM2 is coming.............   right?

You wont be.

Dude thats mean. Lol. Derek has spoken.

BTW: I just found out what karma is on our forums. Wow I wonder what I did wrong to have a karma worse than theese XIM2 bashers.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11:48 AM - 06/30/08 »
I got lots of bad karma, and that's ok. I think people go after me since I am a tester and they are jealous.

Someone else on here got like -40 neg karma on here and he didn't deserve it so I kept adding + to him whenever I was on but I couldn't keep up.

Lol.

FYI
Viva Pinata Party animals works awesome with Xim360, im going to have top leaderboard spots soon  :P

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline sebastian9

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12:00 PM - 06/30/08 »

Yes Derek, you can use your XIM for online play, but when it comes down to tournaments (LAN events) they do not permit the usage of 3rd party devices (i.e. XIM). I hope they change this  :'(

Offline Svyline

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12:09 PM - 06/30/08 »

Yes Derek, you can use your XIM for online play, but when it comes down to tournaments (LAN events) they do not permit the usage of 3rd party devices (i.e. XIM). I hope they change this  :'(

I dont think they will eventually permit XIM/2 or any 3rd party device since Console's is meant to be played on joystick.

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: OMGsus
  • PSN ID: OMGsus
« Reply #24 on: 01:58 PM - 06/30/08 »
I dont think they will eventually permit XIM/2 or any 3rd party device since Console's is meant to be played on joystick.

They can say its for whatever reason they want but it comes down to analog sticks being inferior for FPSs. This is why every job requiring precision is done with a mouse or like device. Analog sticks are great for controlling 2nd degree devices like cars and planes or any mechanical device simulator that isn't supposed to function 1:1 by its design or limitations(ie robotics/hydrolics)... not first degree control like head/hands. Period; end of story.

There are people that have adapted well and knowingly (,or unknowingly) use the crutches of the game in their favor. These are the people who are good at the game as they are and prefer the sticks, but you put that person on the sticks on a crutch-less PC version of the game and all of a sudden, 99% of them suck.

Offline abs0lut

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02:07 PM - 06/30/08 »

I think I'm gonna wait till the XIM2 is out since it's so close. I dont wanna buy the first one and then have to buy the better one a few weeks down the road.

Yea I said the same thing in February. I think it will be more than a few weeks , there are only three guys beta testing, they have lives outside of XIM2, and they want it perfect(or as near perfect as possible).
I really donít think the XIM360 is that close, but thatís just my opinion. And I wish I would have bought a XIM1 back in February. 

[/quote]
This is the reason it was kept a bit of a secret. The XIM 2 bomb got dropped a little premature. I say premature because people decided that it would be best to wait it out on their own. And we don't mind telling people to wait for XIM 2 since it is definitely worth the wait, but... if you already have an XFPS and have 80 bucks on hand, I would buy a XIM 1. Well maybe not now but a couple months ago, yea. Or.... if you want one for a PS3, buy an XIM GEN 1 today. As far as XIM 2, start saving now. (I'm not saying release is immanent. For some people, saving up for something like this takes a while. Keep in mind some people here may only have allowance money to work with. :P)
[/quote]

Hmm, not to jump judgement but this thing sounds like t could be a bit pricey (probably worth it).  I was thinking of getting a xim but now i think i'll just wait for xim2.  I can only afford random luxuries every 3 months or so :P
The present is a gift..

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02:15 PM - 06/30/08 »
The present is a gift. What better present than to present yourself a Xim 1?

Hehe.

I cannot comment on the timeline, or any of the specifics. However the testing process is really going quite well and the Xim360 is just a pleasure beyond measure to enjoy. Wow, I just rhymed unintentionally.

See the xim 2 testing progress thread, I have a list of games I have run through and my notes on them. Hell, I even tested VIVA PINATA PARTY ANIMALS on the Xim360. Lol.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline azeledge

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 02:24 PM - 06/30/08 »
The present is a gift. What better present than to present yourself a Xim 1?

Hehe.

I cannot comment on the timeline, or any of the specifics. However the testing process is really going quite well and the Xim360 is just a pleasure beyond measure to enjoy. Wow, I just rhymed unintentionally.

See the xim 2 testing progress thread, I have a list of games I have run through and my notes on them. Hell, I even tested VIVA PINATA PARTY ANIMALS on the Xim360. Lol.

Hey since I can't directly reply on your post.  Which makes sense for readability sake.  Just curious how it works with any of the real time strategy games out there.  ie.  C&C, Universe at War, etc...  I guess this would involve lots of scripting to make hot keys for units etc..    hmmmmm I guess i should just try this out with xim1.  But if you have access and time give it whirl!  No worries if you don't.  I'm so looking forward to playing Halo3 with more Precise aiming!  And Unreal should be great!
- AzelEdge -
"No matter where you go there you are"

Offline Svyline

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 03:07 PM - 06/30/08 »

[/quote]

Hey since I can't directly reply on your post.  Which makes sense for readability sake.  Just curious how it works with any of the real time strategy games out there.  ie.  C&C, Universe at War, etc...  I guess this would involve lots of scripting to make hot keys for units etc..    hmmmmm I guess i should just try this out with xim1.  But if you have access and time give it whirl!  No worries if you don't.  I'm so looking forward to playing Halo3 with more Precise aiming!  And Unreal should be great!

[/quote]

As far as hot key, you can manipulate your designated button or trigger anywhere on your keyboard via XIM/2.exe so thats off the issue. Im not sure on how well XIM/2 will react on RTS games, we'll just have to wait till Nick or Derek test those genre out.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03:13 PM - 06/30/08 »

[/quote]

As far as hot key, you can manipulate your designated button or trigger anywhere on your keyboard via XIM/2.exe so thats off the issue. Im not sure on how well XIM/2 will react on RTS games, we'll just have to wait till Nick or Derek test those genre out.
[/quote]

I haven't reported on the RTS side of things, I have tried CC really quick but it is not like the PC and you don't have the same set of neato tools like you do on the PC version.... When I get to the RTS side of things, It will be towards the end of testing which I can offer a closer look at that side of things.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii