XIM Community

Does the G602 work well even though the dpi only goes to 2500???  (Read 751 times)

Offline marinetroics

• View Profile
I wanna buy this mouse and use it wirelessly but am concerned the dpi isnít sting enough to work accurately with the Apex. Thoughts and/or experience with this mouse???

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
That is an old mouse, do not buy. Get a G603, G703, G900 or G902 instead if you want wireless. Reason being is the vastly superior sensor in newer Logitech mice.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline marinetroics

• View Profile
I just need a wireless mouse that works well AND gives me some extra buttons. Need the extra buttons!!! Lol

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I have one and I do not recommend it. Poor tracking, DPI, polling rate.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
How many extra buttons do you need for console gaming? A bog-standard two side-button mouse has 7 or 8. Even when paired with a Nav, that's more than enough.

You can buy the G602, but your experience may be less than optimal. 2500 DPI is enough, as long as you use Default, Common or Slow for the new Synchronise setting.

But that low max DPI is pretty telling about how old the sensor is and it's going to potentially severely diminish your Xim experience.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline marinetroics

• View Profile
What is sandyhwk and how do I download it to my Apex so I can use the Roccat Leader mouse? This mouse seems my only hope for the extra buttons I really am looking for.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Does it need to be wireless? Wireless mice tend to have more issues than wired.

For wired, G502 is the benchmark for Xim gaming mice with lots of buttons.
Razer Naga Trinity is also worth a look at because it offers full on-board memory, unlike prior generations.

Offline marinetroics

• View Profile
Antithesis.... yes I need one to work wirelessly and the mouse I want to use is the Roccat Leadr. I saw in another thread you need sandyhawk to make it work. What is that? Firmware? If so how do I download it to my Apex? I really appreciate you helping me. It means a lot thanks.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
SandhawC is for Xim4. You want Xim Link -
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=63545.0

Offline said the sky

• 420-710-DABS
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ricko229
How many extra buttons do you need for console gaming? A bog-standard two side-button mouse has 7 or 8. Even when paired with a Nav, that's more than enough.

You can buy the G602, but your experience may be less than optimal. 2500 DPI is enough, as long as you use Default, Common or Slow for the new Synchronise setting.

But that low max DPI is pretty telling about how old the sensor is and it's going to potentially severely diminish your Xim experience.

3200 dpi is more then enough on all syncronise settings, right? Anything below 3k is pushing it? I have been playing with 12k on my g403 till my ec2a comes and honestly... I just like 3200 more. I feel like the AA is there more on lower dpi imo
Logitech G Pro @ 12000 DPI 1000 Hz
Zowie G-SR Mousepad
Zowie Camade Bungee
BenQ XL2411Z Monitor
Ducky One Tenkeyless Blue LED Cherry MX Red Keyboard

Offline DanStealth

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: DanStealth
Iíve used newer better mice and I keep going back to my g602. I feel the aim just is more accurate. Iíve created different profiles to try and repeat
Others sets up that they swear by, but it just feels off.

Admin