XIM Community

[Q/A] Mouse Movement Slow  (Read 1794 times)

Offline Kingownagexx

• Xbox Ambassador
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: King Ownage XV
[Q/A] Mouse Movement Slow
« on: 08:26 AM - 03/27/18 »
Is there a way to make the sensitivity on the XIM app higher? I know it's not the game, my mouse movement is severely slow, and everyone else's is just fine. It may be because my mouse DPI is low, I am playing Rainbow Six Siege, 500 sensitivity on the app and max sensitivity in the game. To do a full 360 it takes a couple seconds, this isn't a limitation of the controllers speed. Mouse DPI 1600
« Last Edit: 09:12 AM - 03/27/18 by mist4fun »
XIM Apex - Xbox One X

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse Movement Slow
« Reply #1 on: 08:49 AM - 03/27/18 »
hey,

500 is the maximum xim sensitivity and yes this indicates your mouse dpi is too low
it is probably in the range of 400 dpi, the people you refer to are using mice with dpi values of 3000-12000 which means their xim sensitivity is in the range of 0-100

check if you can raise the dpi of your mouse or get a different one, a high dpi mouse is needed to guarantee the best possible mouse movements (no sutter, smooth and direct)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse Movement Slow
« Reply #2 on: 09:12 AM - 03/27/18 »
I would expect to use around 20 sensitivity or less with 12,000 DPI for Siege. This would be 150 at 1600 DPI.

http://www.csgosetup.com/dpi-calculator/

I recommend using the max in-game sensitivity as well as other in-game settings mentioned on the game settings page. Beyond this it's just a matter of adjusting your sensitivity while staying under the game turn speed limit.

http:/xim.tech/settings

Console games have a maximum speed that they allow you to turn. This max turn speed will vary between games and is a limit set by the game developer. XIM flashes red lights when you've reached the turn speed limit. If you continue moving faster than what the game allows then that movement is ignored and you may see less movement as a result. By either lowering your sensitivity or moving your mouse slower to stay under or ride the turn speed limit should result in more onscreen movement.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Kingownagexx

• Xbox Ambassador
    • View Profile
Re: [Q/A] Mouse Movement Slow
« Reply #3 on: 10:08 AM - 03/27/18 »
I don't have the money for a new mouse rn, I just bought this adapter for 110$ so there must be a way to make the turn speed quicker via the apex app? Cause on PC this DPI is just fine, maybe allowing the sensitivity to go higher than 500 might be a solution but I don't own the all I can't do that. I'll try to buy a new mouse but this just sucks, thank you for your time
XIM Apex - Xbox One X

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:15 AM - 03/27/18 »
Are you using XIM APEX? If so I recommend updating to the latest beta firmware and Manager. The sensitivity scale is adjusted in this build and allows to use much lower sensitivities.

http://xim.tech/beta

Offline Kingownagexx

• Xbox Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:19 PM - 03/28/18 »
Downloading the different version of the app you recommended did not work because it was "out dated" or something and I just bought a 6k dpi mouse today, I switched and made sure it was at 6k dpi. And its still slow even at 500 hip/aim. :/ and no it's not exceeding the limit I was looking at it the whole time, I only exceed the limit when I purposefully move it as fast as I can. What's wrong with this adapter? I used a CronusMax plus before this and I could look around really fast. I really hope someone has a fix cause I just wanna use my mouse on my xbox
XIM Apex - Xbox One X

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:27 PM - 03/28/18 »
Please install both the firmware and the Manager located in the beta thread link in my previous post. You will need to uninstall your previous Manager.

Offline Kingownagexx

• Xbox Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06:07 AM - 03/29/18 »
That didn't work either, I have a 6k DPI mouse with 1000 polling hz, there shouldnt be any problems with moving to slow. No one Els I know seems to have this problem, and also I turn slow in all games but siege I turn very slow in, at least fortnite is sorta average at 500 sens
XIM Apex - Xbox One X

Offline GitGud

• MVP
  • THE PUBG GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06:38 AM - 03/29/18 »
That didn't work either, I have a 6k DPI mouse with 1000 polling hz, there shouldnt be any problems with moving to slow. No one Els I know seems to have this problem, and also I turn slow in all games but siege I turn very slow in, at least fortnite is sorta average at 500 sens

Doesn't sound right. Are you sure you turned up the sensitivities in game?
PUBG Config | Warface Config

XIM Apex | Xbox Series S | MSI G273QF | SteelSeries Rival 600 | SteelSeries QCK Heavy XXL | Wooting Lekker Edition | SteelSeries Arctis Pro | Turtle Beach Stream Mic

Offline Kingownagexx

• Xbox Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:25 PM - 03/29/18 »
Yes I'm sure, I've checked a lot. 6k DPI with max XIM settings along with max in game settings should be high enough to turn a normal speed. Plus because I'm forced to use a higher Sens just to be able to look the mouse is so jittery that I'd rather use a controller.
XIM Apex - Xbox One X

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:33 PM - 03/29/18 »
What are your response rate, synchronize, and smoothing settings?

Offline Kingownagexx

• Xbox Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08:00 AM - 03/30/18 »
Polling rate of my mouse and settings are 1000, I like my smoothing at 10 I've tried 0 though and I dont know exactly what synchronization settings you're talking about? Thanks for trying to help btw
XIM Apex - Xbox One X

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09:02 AM - 03/30/18 »
Synchronize is under aim settings and can affect how much sensitivity is used. What's yours set at?

Offline Kingownagexx

• Xbox Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09:22 AM - 03/30/18 »
I dont see it, is it called synchronize cause I see nothing with that name under aim
XIM Apex - Xbox One X

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10:08 AM - 03/30/18 »
This is a feature of the beta firmware, That should help with your issue. You mentioned that updating to the beta firmware didn't help earlier. Which firmware version number is installed in menu-about?

Just in case, here's a link to the beta firmware and Manager: http://xim.tech/beta