XIM Community

Apex Link - Setup Guide  (Read 7459 times)

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Apex Link - Setup Guide
« Reply #15 on: 12:06 PM - 03/30/18 »
What if I use a nav controller instead of a keyboard, will this still work if its a wired connection?

My ps nav works fine with sandhawc because you can just plug it in the xim not the pc if you want,
So i suppose it will work also with LINK.
Joystick devices will not work yet. I will add that later.

Hello, just one question. I've got win 10 can also use a normal USB to USB cable for the connection xim to PC?

For example can I use a normal USB 2.0 cable? Like this one

https://www.conrad.de/de/usb-20-anschlusskabel-1x-usb-20-stecker-a-1x-usb-20-stecker-a-18-m-schwarz-digitus-678034.html?WT.mc_id=google_pla&WT.srch=1&ef_id=WNFGEQAAAVKs3ozC:20180329135344:s&gclid=Cj0KCQjwnfLVBRCxARIsAPvl82F4EceEvtOQH7akOUqx1DnZx_8atrwRrDOq5YDQTzRVveMee8naJUgaAgYMEALw_wcB&hk=SEM&insert_kz=VQ&s_kwcid=AL!222!3!98230272297!!!g!!

No. The list of the supported cables is here:
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=63604.0

Offline fulltarget

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10:10 PM - 04/02/18 »
Hey, can I substitute the XIM Apex for a XIM4? Or is an XIM Apex needed for this to all work? Sorry if this has been asked before, just a simple question that I wasn't able to find the answer to, as I only have a XIM4 and have been out of the loop for almost 2 years.
« Last Edit: 10:22 PM - 04/02/18 by fulltarget »
i7 2600K - ASUS P8Z68-V Pro - Corsair Hydro H100 - G.SKILL Ripjaws 16GB - EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SOC - Corsair HX1050 - Corsair Graphite 600TM

Offline baldeagle

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
  • Gamertag: i am baldeagle
« Reply #17 on: 07:30 AM - 04/03/18 »
Hey, can I substitute the XIM Apex for a XIM4? Or is an XIM Apex needed for this to all work? Sorry if this has been asked before, just a simple question that I wasn't able to find the answer to, as I only have a XIM4 and have been out of the loop for almost 2 years.

If your using the Xim 4 you will need to use the SandhawC, there's a whole section for it here http://community.xim.tech/index.php?board=83.0

I dont think the new Apex link works with the older xim's

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07:37 PM - 04/03/18 »
No, XIM Link is only for XIM Apex.

Offline rmims8

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: RodSmash
« Reply #19 on: 02:49 AM - 05/15/18 »
Xim Link for me is not launching

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08:32 AM - 05/15/18 »
hey,

do you get an error code?
or can you see xim link in your task managers process bar?

also please make sure that you have the c++ redistributable installed on your pc
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline rmims8

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: RodSmash
« Reply #21 on: 10:36 PM - 05/15/18 »
I have no error codes, I also have that installed. It only open one time when I first install the software and after that it just stop opening. I re download it and it doesn't want to open anymore. I make sure I have everything updated. It open for my laptop, but not my desktop.

Offline mgibbonsjr

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: explicitly
« Reply #22 on: 01:19 AM - 07/12/18 »
I'm sure this is a weird question, but do you think this will work with both the KB/M and XIM plugged in to PC, and the transfer cable connected from PC to XIM?

Background to the question: I play Fortnite on both XB1 and PC (some of my friends don't like to cross plat). I use the XIM on PC so I don't get confused with pressing different buttons. I currently have an IOGear USB switch connected to the XIM and PC, but my biggest issue is that if I need to do anything in discord and switch back and forth more than a few times using the switch then the XIM will just "die" for a lack of better words. The only way to fix it is to unplug the XIM from my PC and then plug it back in.

I'm thinking some of the issue is due to the Blackwidow X RGB being power hungry. I also have a power adapter for the Apex coming, so hopefully either the link or power adapter will fix it. Thanks for any info in advance!

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03:04 AM - 07/12/18 »
If i recall correctly someone tried this a few weeks ago and it worked. However i hightly recommend you to not run any scripts through xim link, the pc version of fortnite has a script detection mode that will get you banned within a few games.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline mgibbonsjr

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11:48 AM - 07/12/18 »
If i recall correctly someone tried this a few weeks ago and it worked. However i hightly recommend you to not run any scripts through xim link, the pc version of fortnite has a script detection mode that will get you banned within a few games.

Thanks Od1n. Good call on the scripts.

Edit: 07/14/2018: I received the Belkin cable and can confirm that having the Apex plugged in to PC and the M&K plugged in to PC with the Belkin cable from PC to Apex is working in the lobby of Fortnite. The issue that I have now is that Fortnite seems to be recognizing a double input and my character just spins in crazy circles once in the game. Any idea if I can fix this issue?
« Last Edit: 06:34 PM - 07/14/18 by mgibbonsjr »

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 06:56 PM - 07/15/18 »

Thanks Od1n. Good call on the scripts.

Edit: 07/14/2018: I received the Belkin cable and can confirm that having the Apex plugged in to PC and the M&K plugged in to PC with the Belkin cable from PC to Apex is working in the lobby of Fortnite. The issue that I have now is that Fortnite seems to be recognizing a double input and my character just spins in crazy circles once in the game. Any idea if I can fix this issue?

This is happening because there is an input loop from the controller back to apex through link. Currently there is no way to disable any controller input.

Offline mgibbonsjr

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09:01 PM - 07/15/18 »
This is happening because there is an input loop from the controller back to apex through link. Currently there is no way to disable any controller input.
[/quote]

Yeah I figured there was some kind of loop and was hoping there was a way to disable. I know its not top priority as I'm sure only a few people use Xim on PC. I donated $20 because the software is a really great concept and will likely save a lot of people from having to use a USB switch. Hopefully it helps with further development. Thanks again!

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07:14 PM - 07/17/18 »

Yeah I figured there was some kind of loop and was hoping there was a way to disable. I know its not top priority as I'm sure only a few people use Xim on PC. I donated $20 because the software is a really great concept and will likely save a lot of people from having to use a USB switch. Hopefully it helps with further development. Thanks again!
[/quote]

I could make it so that joystick input can be disabled with special shortcut. This is something that is fairly easy and fast to implement.

Offline mgibbonsjr

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09:43 PM - 07/17/18 »
That is great news. I'll keep an eye on the forum for updates. Thanks again =)

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 08:16 AM - 07/26/18 »
That is great news. I'll keep an eye on the forum for updates. Thanks again =)
I made a new weekly build where you can disable all joystick input. To do this make a new shortcut to the Link executable and add -noJoystick to the end. For example:
Code: [Select]
"C:\Program Files (x86)\W11cE\XIM Link\XIM Link.exe" -noJoystick