XIM Community

Corsair Scimitar  (Read 1453 times)

Offline delooper

• View Profile
Corsair Scimitar
« on: 12:57 AM - 03/22/18 »
It appears the XIM Apex does not recognise the keypad on the Corsair Scimitar mouse.   I thought I'd make a note of it here. 

If someone doesn't get to it ahead of me (I'm a little swamped for the next two weeks) I'll run the XIM Apex dump on this device.  Unfortunately I'll have to run Windows via a VirtualBox so my results might not be as clean as running on a pure Windows machine.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Corsair Scimitar
« Reply #1 on: 01:03 AM - 03/22/18 »
Thank you for this report and offer to run a Device Log for us -- it's appreciated. I'll add this to our HW list.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline delooper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:09 AM - 03/22/18 »
If I recall, the Scimitar registers the "normal" part of the mouse as a usb mouse device, but the keypad is registered as a distinct usb keyboard. 

Will try to get to this soon.  Have tried playing Battlefront II with the Apex and it went well -- not using my preferred controllers. Regardless, the mouse controls are far more pleasant than using the HORI Tac Pro with a mouse.

Offline delooper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:17 PM - 03/22/18 »
I've created the XIMAPEX*.bin files for the Corsair Scimitar.  Where should I send them?  Thanks

Offline juggalosrh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:46 PM - 03/22/18 »
sorry very new here, does that mean the side buttons will work while playing on a ps4?

Offline ThedirtyRabbit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:21 PM - 03/22/18 »
Yeah I just got this mouse and I am unable to use any of the keys on the side of it. Please help!

Offline ThedirtyRabbit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:30 PM - 03/22/18 »
If I recall, the Scimitar registers the "normal" part of the mouse as a usb mouse device, but the keypad is registered as a distinct usb keyboard. 

Will try to get to this soon.  Have tried playing Battlefront II with the Apex and it went well -- not using my preferred controllers. Regardless, the mouse controls are far more pleasant than using the HORI Tac Pro with a mouse.

yes just the left and right mouse buttons and the wheel. Doesn't recognize any of the keys on the side after I mapped them on the computer.

Offline delooper

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:16 PM - 03/22/18 »
I believe that mapping is done via the driver, and is not at the hardware level.  When you plug your mouse into the XIM, the driver isn't available (that's on your PC), so you can't map.

Offline juggalosrh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:52 AM - 03/23/18 »
Thatís a bummer I would buy the apex if the mouse would work.

Offline ThedirtyRabbit

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:41 AM - 03/23/18 »
Sadly I will be returning this mouse today. I bought it for the Apex. I gotta find a compatible one now.

TedRoc07

« Reply #10 on: 01:27 PM - 03/27/18 »
I use the Razer Naga Hex V2 with my APEX and have had 0 issues. I'm running at 1000hz polling rate 12-16K DPI and the 7 side buttons all work well. The Xim recognizes them as Keyboard buttons 1-7. Just an FYI if you are looking for a mouse with similar options.

Offline delooper

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01:41 PM - 03/27/18 »
Thanks for that.  I also have the Naga Hex V2.  Hadn't tried it yet.  Been using the Razer Lancehead -- the ambidextrous wireless mouse.  Would be nice to have more buttons, but I really like wireless mice.  The Lancehead wireless works great, as well, with the XIM Apex.

Offline Woodywally

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Woodywally
  • PSN ID: Woodywally
« Reply #12 on: 11:44 AM - 01/27/20 »
Hi guys, just wanted to say that it does work with xim... You just have to map the buttons before on xim. Map them to the number pad keys on the keyboard, then save profile to the mouse. They then work. I had the same problem as above... But did some tinkering and boom. Works fine. Awesome mouse for xim

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #13 on: 05:19 PM - 01/27/20 »
Thanks for confirming this for us (i.e. remapping buttons).
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Qkubenka04

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: XxDaLazaxX
« Reply #14 on: 11:06 PM - 02/10/20 »
So I tried the exact steps in the comment above and it still doesnít work I need help