XIM Community

Can't get the k63 to work wirelessly!  (Read 3279 times)

Offline CptKaboom

• View Profile
Re: Can't get the k63 to work wirelessly!
« Reply #30 on: 12:03 PM - 01/04/19 »
Hi guys!

Did you ever solve the problem with that the firmware reverts to 3.07 on the USB-dongle?

@Alexko79 - What kind of magic did you perform to get it to work? I have been trying for hours with all kinds of different solutions. I canīt seem to get cue 2.24.50 installed since the download is not a setup file. Am I missing something here? Is that version vital? Because I managed to flash the keyboard in the latest version of iCue as well.

Any and all details you can share would be most helpful. :)

Thanks!

Offline alexko79

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12:34 PM - 01/05/19 »
I tried to flash on different versions of CUE, but it turned out for me only on 2.24.50. After downloading, you need to change the file extension to .EXE

Offline CptKaboom

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 02:35 PM - 01/05/19 »
I tried to flash on different versions of CUE, but it turned out for me only on 2.24.50. After downloading, you need to change the file extension to .EXE

Thanks for the info!

I will try that version now and see if I can get it to work.

Offline CptKaboom

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 03:39 PM - 01/05/19 »
Well, HALLELUIA!

I'm now in wireless mode on my XIM Apex.

I had to change the file extension to .msi to install the download and after a couple of tries I got it to downgrade to 1.02.

Thanks for the help Alexko79!

Offline Incognito

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10:40 PM - 01/05/19 »
Thanks Gentleman.  I've uploaded the Corsair Utility Engine v2.24.50 to Mega as well and provided a link in the same post with the firmware for any future users who end up in the same boat.

Offline Ruttagger

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 09:32 PM - 01/06/19 »
Well, HALLELUIA!

I had to change the file extension to .msi to install the download and after a couple of tries I got it to downgrade to 1.02.

I'm going to give my firmware rollback a go in the next few days.  I have all the files and I should be good to go.  The step by step instructions seem a tad vague so if I run into issues I might ask you step by step what you did.  The instructions seem to get hazy around the part where your supposed to delete your dongle from the hardware manager.

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 01:30 AM - 01/07/19 »
This is a really nice keyboard so glad you guys figured it out.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD mousepad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline CptKaboom

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 01:24 PM - 01/07/19 »
Well, HALLELUIA!

I'm going to give my firmware rollback a go in the next few days.  I have all the files and I should be good to go.  The step by step instructions seem a tad vague so if I run into issues I might ask you step by step what you did.  The instructions seem to get hazy around the part where your supposed to delete your dongle from the hardware manager.

I did'nt need to do the part where the dongle was deleted from the device manager.

Below I have added comments to Alexko97's recipe with what I did. All credits to him for figuring out how to do this. I just tweaked it a bit to work for me.

1. Delete the latest version of iCue.
2. Copy firmware 1.02 onto the keyboard using a pin.
3. Install Cue 2.24.50 and launch the program as an administrator. (I had to change the file extension on the download to .msi)
4. Disconnect the internet. (This step might be unnecessary but I did it and it worked)
5. Flash the keyboard file 1.02 through Cue. (For me this didn't work the first few times and I actually turned the wifi on again and updated it without using the downloaded 1.02 firmware. Just the regular update. Not sure if you need to do this in this order but it was what worked for me)
6. Delete the dongle from the device manager on the computer. (this I didn't have to do)
7. Install the latest version of iCue. (I skipped step 7 cause I didn't dare to fiddle anymore once I saw it was downgraded to 1.02)
8. Connect the keyboard to the dongle using iCue. (I used the 2.24 Cue for this)

Feel free to ask anything you want. Happy to help if I can!

Once again, wouldn't have managed this without Alexko79. All credits to him!

Offline Schumi_1337

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 03:28 PM - 01/27/19 »
I tried for hours in vain and it just does not work.
 I used CUE 2.24.50 and firmware 1.02 but the dongle stays at 3.07.
Where can I find the dongle in Device Manager? I have not found anywhere and maybe that's the sticking point.
I'm really desperate.
Would be great if someone can help me.

Offline CptKaboom

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 02:38 AM - 01/28/19 »
I tried for hours in vain and it just does not work.
 I used CUE 2.24.50 and firmware 1.02 but the dongle stays at 3.07.
Where can I find the dongle in Device Manager? I have not found anywhere and maybe that's the sticking point.
I'm really desperate.
Would be great if someone can help me.

Did you try just updating the keyboard with "normal" update without browsing for the 1.02 file?

Offline johnrobsonuk

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kronikal_USA
« Reply #40 on: 10:15 AM - 01/28/19 »
am buying this keyboard and plan to plug it straight into xim apex

So ur saying dont plug it into a pc and perform any updates?

Offline CptKaboom

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 03:39 PM - 01/28/19 »
am buying this keyboard and plan to plug it straight into xim apex

So ur saying dont plug it into a pc and perform any updates?

Mine actually came fully updated when I bought it so might be that all new ones are.

Offline Schumi_1337

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 02:42 PM - 01/29/19 »

Did you try just updating the keyboard with "normal" update without browsing for the 1.02 file?

yes I tried. It works!!! Thank you :D
« Last Edit: 02:55 PM - 01/29/19 by Schumi_1337 »

Offline CptKaboom

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 02:06 AM - 01/30/19 »

yes I tried. It works!!! Thank you :D

Awesome!! 👍

Offline Ruttagger

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 12:05 PM - 02/07/19 »
Well, HALLELUIA!

I did'nt need to do the part where the dongle was deleted from the device manager.

Below I have added comments to Alexko97's recipe with what I did. All credits to him for figuring out how to do this. I just tweaked it a bit to work for me.

1. Delete the latest version of iCue.
2. Copy firmware 1.02 onto the keyboard using a pin.
3. Install Cue 2.24.50 and launch the program as an administrator. (I had to change the file extension on the download to .msi)
4. Disconnect the internet. (This step might be unnecessary but I did it and it worked)
5. Flash the keyboard file 1.02 through Cue. (For me this didn't work the first few times and I actually turned the wifi on again and updated it without using the downloaded 1.02 firmware. Just the regular update. Not sure if you need to do this in this order but it was what worked for me)
6. Delete the dongle from the device manager on the computer. (this I didn't have to do)
7. Install the latest version of iCue. (I skipped step 7 cause I didn't dare to fiddle anymore once I saw it was downgraded to 1.02)
8. Connect the keyboard to the dongle using iCue. (I used the 2.24 Cue for this)

Feel free to ask anything you want. Happy to help if I can!

Once again, wouldn't have managed this without Alexko79. All credits to him!

I have been procrastinating this for weeks now because this kind of stuff never seems to go smoothly for me.  Now I have started my attempt and I can not get past step 2.  I have uninstalled CUE, and now for the life of me I CAN NOT get the keyboard to show up in in my computer using the PIN HOLE method so I can delete the bin file and copy the downgraded one.  Can anyone explain exactly what they are doing at this step.  I have my keyboard off, bluetooth dongle unplugged.  I then turn my Keyboard on, insert a pin under the one flip down leg and you can feel a slight depress of an internal reset button.  Then while holding the pin in, I plug the bluetooth dongle in...and nothing.  I have tried pressing the pin in with the keyboard off and the dongle unplugged, then turning the keyboard on, then plugging the dongle in...and nothing.  I have also tried these methods using a few different USB cables as well, and also on my main PC, and my laptop.  I CAN NOT get anything to pop up.  I have found in the past that I am missing something so simple.  So I am going to calm down, step back, put on an episode of Game Of Thrones and reach out to you guys and hopefully somebody can point out the obvious thing I am missing.