XIM Community

Can't get the k63 to work wirelessly!  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Kevje1406

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Kevje1406
Can't get the k63 to work wirelessly!
« on: 09:45 AM - 03/21/18 »
Hi guys is anybody here using the k63 wireless wirelessly? If yes how did you manage to pull it off? I'm stuck for like 2 hours with it. Thank you very much

Offline Incognito

• View Profile
Re: Can't get the k63 to work wirelessly!
« Reply #1 on: 05:16 PM - 03/21/18 »
I'm using the K63 wireless and I'm not having any issues.  I'm not doing anything special.  I plug the wireless dongle into the APEX and I turn the keyboard on before plugging the APEX into the PS4.

Try unplugging / replugging the wireless dongle into the APEX with the keyboard powered on.

If that doesn't help, have you tried plugging it into the PC and make sure it works there?  Maybe the wireless dongle is not paired with the keyboard for some reason.  I did connect mine to my PC before ever plugging it into the APEX to make sure it worked and also updated the firmware.

[EDIT]  See this post on page 2 for how to downgrade your K63 Wireless to v1.02:

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=63240.msg737793#msg737793

Just trying to save future users having to comb through (currently) 3 pages of posts.
« Last Edit: 11:09 PM - 01/05/19 by Incognito »

Offline The_SweatySmurf

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Scooter_S_Dandy
  • PSN ID: The_SweatySmurf
« Reply #2 on: 08:58 PM - 11/29/18 »
I'm using the K63 wireless and I'm not having any issues.  I'm not doing anything special.  I plug the wireless dongle into the APEX and I turn the keyboard on before plugging the APEX into the PS4.

Try unplugging / replugging the wireless dongle into the APEX with the keyboard powered on.

If that doesn't help, have you tried plugging it into the PC and make sure it works there?  Maybe the wireless dongle is not paired with the keyboard for some reason.  I did connect mine to my PC before ever plugging it into the APEX to make sure it worked and also updated the firmware.

What firmware is your K63? If it's updated to the latest version 3.07 it won't work wireless, if you don't have the latest firmware DO NOT UPDATE IT but can you make a backup or image of what firmware your running and let me know if you'll email it to me?

Offline Incognito

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:16 PM - 12/01/18 »
What firmware is your K63? If it's updated to the latest version 3.07 it won't work wireless, if you don't have the latest firmware DO NOT UPDATE IT but can you make a backup or image of what firmware your running and let me know if you'll email it to me?

I've never plugged the K63 back into my PC after the post I made above on March 21st so it's still on that firmware.  It's still working great with the XIM Apex.  Once in a while I have to unplug / replug the wireless dongle into the Apex to get it to recognize the keyboard, but most of the time it works without needing to do that.

I just hooked the K63 up to my PC and ran Corsair Utility Engine and it looks like my K63 is on firmware v1.02.  It doesn't give me any way to download the image - there is only an update option.  My CUE version is ancient - it's version 2.23.40.

Here is a link(on softpedia) to the version of CUE that's installed on my PC, which was current when I first bought it:  https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/KEYBOARD-and-MOUSE/Corsair/Corsair-K63-Keyboard-Driver-Utility-2-23-40.shtml

I don't know if firmware v1.02 is baked into that release of CUE...  In my version of CUE there is no way to select a file.  There is only an update button which checks a Corsair server for the latest version of the firmware and it will attempt to update it.  I turned off my keyboard before it could do anything though.
« Last Edit: 11:32 PM - 12/01/18 by Incognito »

Offline Incognito

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:42 PM - 12/01/18 »
Also, I checked the Corsair installation folder as well as the folders it created in my user profile (both Local and Roaming) and none of them have any indication of a firmware file.  My guess is that it deletes the firmware file after it does an update.

Offline alexko79

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:57 AM - 12/02/18 »
Hello friends,
To dump the firmware is not difficult. Description of the process is on the manufacturer's website:

HOW TO PERFORM A HARD‑RESET ON A KEYBOARD.
Many issues on our keyboards can be corrected by manually reinstalling the firmware. This should be valid on any of our RGB keyboards, or the Lux and Strafe static lighting keyboards. In order to obtain the file required, we will need you to create a ticket and request the file. We would suggest attaching a photo of the sticker on the bottom of the keyboard so that we can verify the model beforehand. It's possible we may request it before sending anything, so it's better to attach it when you make the ticket.

Please follow the directions below:

Unplug your keyboard from the computer.
Locate the small pinhole underneath your keyboard. For some, this will be located near the polling rate switch by the cable. On others, it will be located underneath on the tilt legs on the bottom of the keyboard.
Using a small paperclip or push-pin, press down on the button inside the pinhole.
Plug your mouse back into the computer, while holding down the pinhole button.
Once it is plugged back in, your computer should recognize a drive called CRP_Disabled. Please open this.
Download the firmware file from the ticket. If it is compressed into a .RAR file, please extract this file to an easily found location on the computer.
Delete the file FIRMWARE.BIN from the CRP_DISABLED drive, and then place the file with ISP in itís name to the CRP_Disabled drive.
Once you have performed the steps above, please unplug your keyboard and then plug it back in. The device will then return to normal. Please test to see if the issue reappears. If it does, please inform us on the ticket for further troubleshooting.

Offline alexko79

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:03 AM - 12/02/18 »
Firmware file that we need FIRMWARE.BIN

You just have to copy it.

Offline Incognito

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:58 PM - 12/02/18 »
Here is a link to the firmware taken from my K63 Wireless.  It should be v1.02 as that is what CUE is showing as my current version.

I don't have the ability to attach the file to this post, so maybe a mod could attach it as that File Dropper link will expire at some point.

[Edit]  The File Dropper link is dead.  Go to this post for the link to the firmware and specific version of CUE needed to downgrade the K63 Wireless:  https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=63240.msg737793#msg737793
« Last Edit: 11:02 PM - 01/05/19 by Incognito »

Offline alexko79

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:57 AM - 12/03/18 »
Thank you very much.
Today I will try to make a downgrade firmware. I'll write about the results

Offline alexko79

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:49 PM - 12/03/18 »
unfortunately it does not work

Offline alexko79

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:12 PM - 12/03/18 »
after much torment I did it. now my keyboard works again without a wire with xim apex

Offline Incognito

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10:54 PM - 12/03/18 »
after much torment I did it. now my keyboard works again without a wire with xim apex

But it still does not work when wireless?

Offline alexko79

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11:08 PM - 12/03/18 »
Now on the keyboard firmware 1.02. everything is working

Offline Incognito

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11:58 PM - 12/03/18 »
Oh, I misread your previous comment  :) .  Glad to hear everything is working again.

Offline kenzo81

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: rajvosa81
« Reply #14 on: 09:43 AM - 12/06/18 »
mine is not working what did you do?