XIM Community

Fortnite Battle Royale - XIM Apex + Titan Two One-Button Building Tutorial  (Read 16769 times)

Offline Mark8010

• View Profile
I have a G502 as well, with the Logitech software I'm not able to keybind a End key on the mouse. I got the others no problem.

You don't have to use END, use something else but make sure to change the #define Build (KEY_END) to the new key in the script and in the BUTTON_15 keyboard mapping in the Input Translator

Offline Lyons238

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Steezlyons
I have a few questions before I buy the Titan Two

1. Will the Titan Two work with the Logitech G903 and Corsair k63 wirelessly like my APEX does (with the Bluetooth dongles)? Or do I still need to buy the Bluetooth expansion?
2. I will be using my keyboard for build buttons, not my mouse so do I plug just my keyboard into the t2 and mouse into apex or both into the t2 into the apex?
3. Does the Corsair k63 have onboard memory to map build keys to it without issues?
4. Since I’m using an APEX do I need to use a computer for keyboard and mouse?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 08:09 PM - 03/19/18 by Lyons238 »

Offline thebside

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ma1arky
If you build from your G13, you may run into some issues as you need to run the G13 through the T2 first, then into the Apex. This normally isn't a problem, but the G13 doesn't have proper on-board memory for key-layouts/mappings so you'd have to custom code your own header file with a key-mapping you're familiar with. I could help a little bit, but not sure how much help I'd actually be.
Wait, isn't it as easy as mapping the keys on your G13 to a specific keyboard bound key, like the [END] key, or "1" key, and then using that in the script?  I guess I might be a little confused. 
My Titan got delivered today, so I guess I will be testing that out as soon as I get home.  I might need to swing by the store and get a powered USB hub to use instead of the XimHub. 

Offline Kuzzad

• View Profile
Do you need the expansion kit for this to work? Or just the titan 2?  Wondering what I need to buy there’s a couple options on the website
« Last Edit: 08:44 PM - 03/19/18 by 248s f1n3st »

Offline Jkelly0117

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xboxlifesmatter
I also use a G13, at first I felt really confident while setting everything up, but now I feel like I'm computer illiterate.

I updated both the xim and titan to the newest firmware.

I then set the Titan to 1000hz and checked the user multi hid, I also checked the disable joystick.  I copied the script, and input translator. It took me a minute at first to find your YouTube comments for the compiling error with the  "light_k gph" or whatever it was, but I got it to go through with no errors.

My key binds were very different from what you have so I just created a new profile and mimicked yours to the T. I just figured when I get it working right I can change things back to what I'm used to button by button.

When I loaded into a game as is just to see if any of it was working I had even lost x/y on mouse but I seen someone else with the same problem and someone posted a solution already too. So I'll look into it when I get home in the morning.

I believe I need to plug both the mouse and g13 in at the same time to keybind the end key on the mouse. I dont think my surface pro 3 has a end key but I'll trouble shoot more tomorrow. Basically nothing works as of where I left off,but I'm remaining optimistic as both you guys seem so willing to help! :)

Offline NesQuik

• View Profile
Is titan automatically set to 1000hz with the new firmware or i need to set ut up somewhere? Cant find any info on that.

Offline Jkelly0117

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xboxlifesmatter
Is titan automatically set to 1000hz with the new firmware or i need to set ut up somewhere? Cant find any info on that.

I was under the impression it was automatically put into 1000hz after the update but the xim manager was giving me a warning saying the mouse dpi was under 1000 which would give me a poor aiming experience, I plugged the titan back in and its on the right hand side where you change to the usb multi hid and the mouse dpi

Offline NesQuik

• View Profile

I was under the impression it was automatically put into 1000hz after the update but the xim manager was giving me a warning saying the mouse dpi was under 1000 which would give me a poor aiming experience, I plugged the titan back in and its on the right hand side where you change to the usb multi hid and the mouse dpi

Hmmm interesting. So you actually had to manually set it to 1000hz? What was it on before you done it?

Offline NesQuik

• View Profile
I have an issue with the script, anyone have an idea how can i fix it? So i got it up and running and it works great!.. when it works.. often it happens that the digit led on the titan two changes from 0 to lets say 1 or 3,4 and when the digit change, the led changes from green to red as well. Thats when the script doesnt work anymore. Hitting the build buttons just fires up the gun instead of building. I have the same mouse as op and set it up exactly the same. The only way so far i found to temporarily fix this is to hit the buttons up and down next to the digit led to make it 0 and green again, but then out of nowehere it goes back to mostly 1, 3 or 4 and red. Not sure if the specific digits mean anything but letting know in case someone knows whats up with that. I tried rebinding keys on my keyboard so they dont get in the way with the script but didnt help much. Theres only two ways i quit from the building menu which are: pressing Q for axe and/or button on the mouse. Not really sure how to fix this problem, if anyone had the same issue or know how to help, please speak up. Thanks.

My connection is as follows:

Mouse connected to titan two port A. Titan connected to port 1 in apex. Keyboard to port 2 and controller to port 3. And then apex to ps4. I also have power supply plugged into apex.

Offline NesQuik

• View Profile
I have everything  working except the build floor "N" part of the script. I didnt change anything to the scrip and configered the same mouse like in your video. When I press "N' on my mouse it goes to build a pyramid instead of a floor/roof. Anyone else having this issue?

Hmm... when you open up a build menu in a game not using titan, do you always get the wall as first option? Lets say you built stairs, close the menu open up again and you have a wall or stairs ready to built?

Offline geekdll

• View Profile
I have an issue with the script, anyone have an idea how can i fix it? So i got it up and running and it works great!.. when it works.. often it happens that the digit led on the titan two changes from 0 to lets say 1 or 3,4 and when the digit change, the led changes from green to red as well. Thats when the script doesnt work anymore. Hitting the build buttons just fires up the gun instead of building. I have the same mouse as op and set it up exactly the same. The only way so far i found to temporarily fix this is to hit the buttons up and down next to the digit led to make it 0 and green again, but then out of nowehere it goes back to mostly 1, 3 or 4 and red. Not sure if the specific digits mean anything but letting know in case someone knows whats up with that. I tried rebinding keys on my keyboard so they dont get in the way with the script but didnt help much. Theres only two ways i quit from the building menu which are: pressing Q for axe and/or button on the mouse. Not really sure how to fix this problem, if anyone had the same issue or know how to help, please speak up. Thanks.

Mouse connected to titan two port A. Titan connected to port 1 in apex. Keyboard to port 2 and controller to port 3. And then apex to ps4. I also have power supply plugged into apex.

You have to press the "END" button that you mapped on your mouse to reset the script to exit building mode.
XIM Apex
Razer Tartarus
Logitech G502 PROTEUS
Mixamp TR + Sennheiser PC 360
PS4
Netduma

Offline NesQuik

• View Profile

You have to press the "END" button that you mapped on your mouse to reset the script to exit building mode.

Yes i know about that but it happens even if i am not building anything. Lets say i go to invetory and switch things up or something else. The thing is i cant tell what is causing it because it doesnt happen everytime if i go to invetory lets say. Happens randomly throughout the game playing it. Perhaps, im hitting the END button to quit such things as invetory amd so on and that causes it? Didnt pay attention to that yet. Maybe i need to hit Q to take out my axe instead of hitting the end button. Need to check on that but if anyone has any ides, feel free to let me know.

Offline geekdll

• View Profile

Yes i know about that but it happens even if i am not building anything. Lets say i go to invetory and switch things up or something else. The thing is i cant tell what is causing it because it doesnt happen everytime if i go to invetory lets say. Happens randomly throughout the game playing it. Perhaps, im hitting the END button to quit such things as invetory amd so on and that causes it? Didnt pay attention to that yet. Maybe i need to hit Q to take out my axe instead of hitting the end button. Need to check on that but if anyone has any ides, feel free to let me know.

Try reseting the script by hitting "L" on the mouse scroll wheel press it in you should see your T2 reset to 0 green
XIM Apex
Razer Tartarus
Logitech G502 PROTEUS
Mixamp TR + Sennheiser PC 360
PS4
Netduma

Offline Mark8010

• View Profile

I'm happy to help people get their script working, but it's easier if people post on the T2 forum instead of here, afterall it is a question about a T2 script etc.

Generally any issues are down to a) incorrect key mappings b) wrong connection method c) increased server latency.

A) double make sure sure you key mappings are correct within the script itself and the Input Translator. Also if you differ to how I utilise the script i.e. mouse bindings for building then the combos in the script need to be amended. For example see where it says mouse_set / key_set in the combos those refer to end outputs on the mouse or keyboard - they need to match what the script needs to do i.e. if it;s a mouse output like fire button 1/2 , mouse wheel it needs to be mouse_set X, if its either a KB output or mouse output mapped to a key (like I have in LGS) then it needs to be key_set X.

B) ALL input devices where the script needs to see the input have to be connected to the T2 and not the XIM. So for example the script handles the fact that the button to exit out of inventory is the same as the build button. Thus if you exit out of inventory the script knows this and doesn't change the biuld mode on it's internal tracking. But of course in order to know you've entered Inventory the input method has to be connected to T2 with the correct key mapping - so for me the Inventory key for example could be TAB on a KB, thus my KB has to be connected to the T2 and TAB mapped in the Input Translator to BUTTON_X (whatever inventory is).

C) I have a 21ms connection to the EU game servers. The timings between key presses in the combos are designed for this connection speed. If you have a higher latency then you might find the script executes the button presses/swapping too quickly. You can change these for yourself in the start of the script under the define section i.e #define X wait X

Offline NesQuik

• View Profile

I'm happy to help people get their script working, but it's easier if people post on the T2 forum instead of here, afterall it is a question about a T2 script etc.

Generally any issues are down to a) incorrect key mappings b) wrong connection method c) increased server latency.

A) double make sure sure you key mappings are correct within the script itself and the Input Translator. Also if you differ to how I utilise the script i.e. mouse bindings for building then the combos in the script need to be amended. For example see where it says mouse_set / key_set in the combos those refer to end outputs on the mouse or keyboard - they need to match what the script needs to do i.e. if it;s a mouse output like fire button 1/2 , mouse wheel it needs to be mouse_set X, if its either a KB output or mouse output mapped to a key (like I have in LGS) then it needs to be key_set X.

B) ALL input devices where the script needs to see the input have to be connected to the T2 and not the XIM. So for example the script handles the fact that the button to exit out of inventory is the same as the build button. Thus if you exit out of inventory the script knows this and doesn't change the biuld mode on it's internal tracking. But of course in order to know you've entered Inventory the input method has to be connected to T2 with the correct key mapping - so for me the Inventory key for example could be TAB on a KB, thus my KB has to be connected to the T2 and TAB mapped in the Input Translator to BUTTON_X (whatever inventory is).

C) I have a 21ms connection to the EU game servers. The timings between key presses in the combos are designed for this connection speed. If you have a higher latency then you might find the script executes the button presses/swapping too quickly. You can change these for yourself in the start of the script under the define section i.e #define X wait X

At first i tried botb mouse and keyboard connected to the titan but for some reason my keyboard didnt work. If i connect both to the titan then what port in apex do i need to connect the titan to? Alot of valuable info i will double check everything when im home but pretty much sure the settings are good.