XIM Community

Wireless Mic Wiring help  (Read 1250 times)

Offline jmeyer1715

• View Profile
Wireless Mic Wiring help
« on: 08:44 PM - 01/20/11 »
Hello everyone, I am working on a project for my XIM adapter I made which includes wiring my Microsoft Xbox wireless mic into my Turtle Beach X11 headset.  This is so I can use the existing Mic and speakers from the TBX11 and also have the gaming noise without needing to have my wireless headset underneath my headset so I can chat.   I have successfully completed this but would like to make some modifications and I'm looking for some help. 

I will quickly explain what I did so you know how I got to this point.  I first took apart the wireless headset and located the 4 wires (2 mic and 2 speaker) I needed to solder into my TB.  I soldered them into the volume controller module of the TB headset.  I will attach picture at the bottom of this post of the end product.  Like I said, everything works but I am running into an issue.  The mic censor is very sensitive and picks up noise from the headset. My friends mute me because of feedback and the only way to fix this is to turn down the game volume on the headset, then the mic does not pick it up.   If anyone has any tips to fix the sensitivity that would be awesome.  That isn't my question, that is below but if you do have some suggestions please pass them along.

So, I would like to change the setup a little bit and be able to plug my wireless headset, using the 4 wires, into the 2.5mm audio jack in the volume controller on the TB headset.  This would allow me to control the chat volume from the headset and not the wireless headset that is pieced together.  The problem is I'm not exactly sure how to wire the 2.5mm plug. I'm not very good when it comes to electronic and circuit boards. I know how to modify some things but I am a beginner.  I was hoping you guys could help me out and point me in the right direction.  I have found a few diagrams that say the tip is for the mic, ring is for the speakers, and the sleeve is for ground.  Well here is my problem... I have 2 mic wires, 2 speaker wires, and no ground wires... and the plug requires only 3... how does this work? I'm not sure if I combine the 2 wires to make 1 and then run that 1 wire into the plug and do that for both the Mic wires and the speaker wires and not worry about the ground.  Is there some sort of component I need to buy to do this? I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

jake

Offline tameanaka

• MVP
  • お前はも死んでいる。
    • View Profile
Re: Wireless Mic Wiring help
« Reply #1 on: 08:38 AM - 01/21/11 »
This sounds exactly like my project I did. It works pretty well, but I also ran into an issue. I got everything all wired up, but the quality of sound was pretty bad. Haven't really taken the time to make it work right as I have a different setup now so I really don't need a wireless mic.

Admin