XIM Community

Does anyone know a good link for ballistic curve explanation.  (Read 2572 times)

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
no picture, please update
OK. Re-uploaded the images (and added the link that antithesis referred you too).
Please let me know if you still can't see them.
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, fnatic Boost Speed, Audio Technica ATH AD700, MixAmp Pro, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline Nataliy

• View Profile
now works :)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
Great post ceebs, that covers the basics nicely!

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
Great post ceebs, that covers the basics nicely!
Thank you.  :)
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, fnatic Boost Speed, Audio Technica ATH AD700, MixAmp Pro, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline AviAvi

• View Profile
    • site
Check this out http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=48616.msg574800#msg574800

Nice find, Kahun. Piiwii's explanation is very good. I remember reading it when I first started playing around with curves. It's quite technical, though. I'd humbly like to add a little bit of more practical understanding to it.

As Piiwii says, your mouseís 1-2-1 relationship between time and distance is what OBsIV and his team create for each game, adjusting the game developers movement mechanics so that each game's Smart Translator (ST) is as close to that graph as possible. Some XIMmers however, prefer to further customise that translation to match how they personally like the movement to feel. The turn, or snapping on to target, may feel too slow or too fast to you, even though the ST is optimised to feel as close to mouse on PC as it is possible to get.

Here are a few basic examples.

If the turn feels a bit too slow, add a little acceleration to the start of the Ballistic Curve graph:

For a really snappy turn, add a lot:

This curve delays the point at which mouse movement is accelerated by several milliseconds:

And this curve speeds up the rate of acceleration:

Deceleration slows down the initial turn:

Page 18 of the XIM4 User Manual also explains how curves work and provides more examples.

You can create unnumbered variations to the ST's behaviour with Ballistic Curves in order to modify mouse behaviour to your personal preference, but applying any curve  will change the Smart Translatorís behaviour and mouse movement may become less predictable, or even unmanageable, so do so with caution.

Bingo!