XIM Community

Logitech Powerplay question  (Read 286 times)

Offline realsuperpee

• View Profile
Logitech Powerplay question
« on: 09:12 AM - 08/26/18 »
Hello everyone!

Im about to buy the new Gpro Wireless with the powerplay mousepad. Since the usb Receiver dongle is built inside the mousepad im wondering if its working if i just plug in the mousepad into the xim hub or do i need a 4 slot usb hub and plug in the mousepad AND the mouse Receiver?

PS4 Pro | XIM Apex | 3200 DPI | 500hz | GPro Wireless | Wooting One | Logitech Powerplay | Asus MG28UQ | HyperX Cloud Alpha

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Logitech Powerplay question
« Reply #1 on: 09:30 AM - 08/26/18 »
That's a great question -- I didn't know it was set up like that. I'm curious what others have found.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline realsuperpee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:02 PM - 08/28/18 »
Update to my question:

I got my powerplay pad today and it works perfectly fine. Just plug the logitech powerplay  mousepad into the xim hub where the mouse usually should be. Thats all. The mousepad has a built in Receiver and my mouse got recognized instantly.

Only thing i had to do is to plug in an AC Adapter into my xim hub to compensate the power drain. Otherwise my apex turns off.
PS4 Pro | XIM Apex | 3200 DPI | 500hz | GPro Wireless | Wooting One | Logitech Powerplay | Asus MG28UQ | HyperX Cloud Alpha

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:10 PM - 08/28/18 »
Update to my question:

I got my powerplay pad today and it works perfectly fine. Just plug the logitech powerplay  mousepad into the xim hub where the mouse usually should be. Thats all. The mousepad has a built in Receiver and my mouse got recognized instantly.

Only thing i had to do is to plug in an AC Adapter into my xim hub to compensate the power drain. Otherwise my apex turns off.

thats really interesting tbh!

alternative:
the g pro wireless also come with a usb receiver, its hidden inside a removeable round plastic piece under the mouse. If you happen to have electricity problems you could plug the powerplay mousepad into a different power source and connect the g pro wireless receiver to the xim then

PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Dodge

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: RheinlandFluch
  • PSN ID: Malarn71
« Reply #4 on: 02:25 AM - 08/29/18 »
Question...how is the surface from the powerplay pad?
Like the G440 and the cloth side like the g640?
PS4 Pro & XB1 X |Mon: BenQ RL2455HM | Pad: SS Dex KB: G910| HS: Sennheiser GSP 350| M: G Pro Wireless DPI: 3200| P: 1000hz |

Offline realsuperpee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:38 AM - 08/29/18 »
I did not use those 2 you mentioned. So i cant tell. I always used my QCK XXL.

The powerplay pad is faster and has less resistance than the QCK and i like this a lot. I also did not try the hard Version of the powerplay pad cause im a low sens/cloth user.

Offline Dodge

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: RheinlandFluch
  • PSN ID: Malarn71
« Reply #6 on: 02:00 PM - 08/29/18 »
Thx.
PS4 Pro & XB1 X |Mon: BenQ RL2455HM | Pad: SS Dex KB: G910| HS: Sennheiser GSP 350| M: G Pro Wireless DPI: 3200| P: 1000hz |