XIM Community

Xim apex with Razer Deathadder  (Read 2797 times)

Offline Enimmer

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Garden puddle
Xim apex with Razer Deathadder
« on: 04:04 PM - 03/14/18 »
I've had the Razer Deathadder for  a while and love it.  Do you know how to save my hotkey buttons on my mouse to work while plugged into the apex?

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
  • Gamertag: x GuNStArHeRo
  • PSN ID: GuNStAr-HeRo-
Re: Xim apex with Razer Deathadder
« Reply #1 on: 07:59 AM - 03/15/18 »
I've had the Razer Deathadder for  a while and love it.  Do you know how to save my hotkey buttons on my mouse to work while plugged into the apex?

Razer products aren't the best with XiM no matter what others try to tell you here on the forum. i know this because when i first started out using XiM back in 2012 i was a BIG fan of Razer products. the problem is Razer doesn't offer any on board memory with their mice or keyboards and relying on the synapse software to make the hardware work 100%. if you want to use the Deathadder and have it working like it should you will have to wait for W11cE to release XiM Link. if you don't want to wait buy a Logitech mouse (G502).
XIM: 3/Edge/4/Apex | Titan: One/Two | XiM Link | M: Superlight Pro | KB: Azeron Cyborg | Mouse Pad: Artisan | Audio: THX AAA 789 | Mic: Shure SM7B

Rig -
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900x
Mobo: Crosshair VIII
GPU: 3080Ti ftw3
RAM: Trident Z Royal DDR4 32GB
PSU: Thermaltake 850w
HDD: 2x 1TB WD Black, 250G 870 Samsung, 1TB WDCB
Monitor: 24" BenQ Zowie xl2436 144hz

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:33 AM - 03/15/18 »

Razer products aren't the best with XiM no matter what others try to tell you here on the forum. i know this because when i first started out using XiM back in 2012 i was a BIG fan of Razer products. the problem is Razer doesn't offer any on board memory with their mice or keyboards and relying on the synapse software to make the hardware work 100%. if you want to use the Deathadder and have it working like it should you will have to wait for W11cE to release XiM Link. if you don't want to wait buy a Logitech mouse (G502).

This is not exactly correct. OLDER Razer products donít work well with the xim. The newer mice (for the most part) work great as they DO have on board memory for dpi and polling and their optical sensors are good as well. The razer game pads also work well with the xim. You may run into trouble with some of their power hungry keyboards.
What does not save on the onboard memory is custom lighting (outside of the default lighting schemes).

So if it is an older deathadder I would suggest not using it. If it is a newer deathadder elite you are fine.

Offline JamieDAgoat

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Jamie G AFC
« Reply #3 on: 11:22 AM - 03/15/18 »
if I have an orbweaver keypad and a naga hex 2 mouse is it possible to run macros with the xim4 or the apex?

I want to buy one as I'm using the venom x 4 atm and the macros don't work..
I just don't want to buy one of them to find out I have the same problem as the venom is pretty good other than not reading macros..

I do have a cronus max which does run the macros but to use it I have to run it through my laptop, so the laptop is kind of acting as a xim/adapter which sux. I don't want to turn my laptop on every time I play my xbox...

is the xim4 or apex like the cronusmax?
by that I mean can u do scripts, game packs ect?

sorry for all the questions I know very little about the xim4 and apex or pc gaming as I've been a console player my whole life but it's time I got on the mouse and keyboard bandwaggen lol

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:39 PM - 03/15/18 »
if I have an orbweaver keypad and a naga hex 2 mouse is it possible to run macros with the xim4 or the apex?

I want to buy one as I'm using the venom x 4 atm and the macros don't work..
I just don't want to buy one of them to find out I have the same problem as the venom is pretty good other than not reading macros..

I do have a cronus max which does run the macros but to use it I have to run it through my laptop, so the laptop is kind of acting as a xim/adapter which sux. I don't want to turn my laptop on every time I play my xbox...

is the xim4 or apex like the cronusmax?
by that I mean can u do scripts, game packs ect?

sorry for all the questions I know very little about the xim4 and apex or pc gaming as I've been a console player my whole life but it's time I got on the mouse and keyboard bandwaggen lol

The xim does not run macos. You need cronus or titan 1/2.

Admin