XIM Community

Razers Keypad with thumbsticks  (Read 217 times)

Offline Phillyman5000

• View Profile
Razers Keypad with thumbsticks
« on: 05:01 AM - 03/14/18 »
Hi is anyone using any of the Razer keypad with thumbsticks?  If you have one and you are using it for movement(WSAD) how does it handle when paired with a Xim Apex?(Console)  I'm thinking about getting one of those or a Logitech G13.

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile
Re: Razers Keypad with thumbsticks
« Reply #1 on: 06:32 AM - 03/14/18 »
Iím using the orbweaver stealth and it is fantastic. I much prefer it to a regular keyboard. It works great with the apex.

Offline Boseephus

• View Profile
Re: Razers Keypad with thumbsticks
« Reply #2 on: 09:43 AM - 03/16/18 »
Depends.  Are you talking about a modded thumbstick, or the stock thumbstick? From the perspective of someone who's had both the Orbweaver and the Tartarus V2, I can say that the thumbstick sucks.  I've found that the digital (not Analog) thumbstick that comes attached to both of these devices is unreasonably sensitive, bordering the line of being unusable.  To give you an example, the thumbstick is so sensitive that even the SLIGHTEST touch results in it moving, and alot of the time it moves in a direction that you dont want it to.  The sensitivity is so high that it loses accuracy.

I love everything about both of those gamepads (although I prefer the Tartarus V2), however the biggest flaw for me is the thumbstick.  If Razer did with its thumbstick what Logitech did with the G13 then the Orbweaver and Tartarus IMO would see alot more than there current use.
System: Xbox One
XIM: Apex | Keyboard: Razer Tartarus V2 | Mouse: Logitech G900 | Sony Nav
Mousepad: Steelseries Qck XXL
Headset: Astro A40 | Mixamp: Astro TR
Come join your fellow Ximmers in our XIM discord: https://discord.gg/qNTvyHN