XIM Community

Mouse floating  (Read 219 times)

Offline Klezy

• View Profile
Mouse floating
« on: 09:42 PM - 03/13/18 »
Anyone know why the mouse feels like it’s “floating” when trying to aim ? Or what settings may fix this ?

Offline demoreo21

• Destiny 2 is not trash.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: demoreo21
Re: Mouse floating
« Reply #1 on: 09:47 PM - 03/13/18 »
Anyone know why the mouse feels like it’s “floating” when trying to aim ? Or what settings may fix this ?

I have this same problem. May be due to dpi since i was testing on a cheaper 250 hz mouse. i dont know how to fix it. Maybe get a better mouse with higher dpi

Offline Klezy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:55 PM - 03/13/18 »
I use a razor death adder elite, 1000hz polling

Offline artryt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:10 PM - 03/13/18 »
Which firmware you using? Which mouse you using? Which console you on? What's your Xim settings? What mouse pad do you have?

These are just the first questions that jump to my mind, the devil is always in the details.
Providing as much detail of issues helps the community to chip in with information and help, without it's difficult near to impossible to help.

What game you playing having trouble with?

Offline NesQuik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:52 PM - 03/13/18 »
Update your apex to the new beta exo firmware. It is MUCH better. I had floaty aim too.

Offline Klezy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:11 PM - 03/13/18 »
Firmware is updated, Mouse is Razer Deathadder Elite 1000hz polling, Firefly Razer mouse pad (cloth). 3200 DPI, 57 apex sens, 1000hz, 0 smoothing. Playing Overwatch on Xbox One X.
« Last Edit: 11:19 PM - 03/13/18 by Klezy »

Offline NesQuik

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:34 PM - 03/13/18 »
Firmware is updated, Mouse is Razer Deathadder Elite 1000hz polling, Firefly Razer mouse pad (cloth). 3200 DPI, 57 apex sens, 1000hz, 0 smoothing. Playing Overwatch on Xbox One X.

The update came out today, do you have the newest one? Just making sure cause it helped me.

Offline Klezy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:36 PM - 03/13/18 »
Oh I do not have the new Exo firmware I will download that and see if it helps with the floating thanks :)

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie
« Reply #8 on: 11:49 PM - 03/13/18 »
some games just do not translate well to the APEX I have learned from hanging out here on the forums a bit now. Some of the more senior XIM users can tell you about overwatch, I can't recall seeing too much posting about it. Usually that's a good sign that the game translates well but see if one of them chime in.