XIM Community

serious problem connecting manager with Android (One Plus phone)  (Read 505 times)

Offline ColdMan

• View Profile
I am very happy with XIM APEX but my problem is i can't connect to my phone ONE PLUS 2 (up to date with android) no matter how hard I try. With XIM4 there was no problem using the same phone but now it is impossible to make it work, it connects and recognizes APEX but when I change any variable through manager (for example sensitivities, it disconnects and i have to unplug APEX).

One plus forums says the phone supports Bluetooth LE, i cant change my phone because of this.

Is it possible that something has changed from XIM4 in terms of bluetooth connectivity? is it possible to improve compatibility in future beta updates? I'm not the only one who can't connect and it's really embarrassing to have to cable connect the APEX to PC everytime we need to change one parameter.

XIM APEX seems to do OK the sequence of lights that indicates bluetooth works and it connects but then any change disconnects it and i have to replug APEX.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
XIM APEX switched to Bluetooth LE for configuration now (unlike XIM4 which uses Bluetooth Classic).

You are saying that it does connect but disconnects often?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline BitWelder

• Developer
    • View Profile
Many times restarting your phone will improve bluetooth stability.

Offline Legit_prodigy

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Leg1t-shoot3r
XIM APEX switched to Bluetooth LE for configuration now (unlike XIM4 which uses Bluetooth Classic).

Something is wromg with the new BT on this drvices,i been having a really hatd time with the apex when i nevrr had any problems with the xim4

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
There is nothing wrong with the BT on this device -- it's from the same exact BT module vendor that is on the XIM4.

Offline ColdMan

• View Profile

Yes ObsIV, exactly, the phone seems to auto detect it and this is shown in the list of Bluetooth devices like if i was able to pair it, the problem is when I open the manager...everything seems to be fine until I change any value such as sensitivity, button configuration, etc then manager is restarted in Android and can't connect it anymore, APEX is OK but then it doesn't respond to mouse or kb inputs so i have to replug APEX with the same problem again i if try to connect.

Is it not possible to support classic bluetooth to phones with problems like One Plus?

I have tried everything (android is up to date and made even a factory reset) and Oneplus 2 confirm they support BT LE :(

Please check these threads with and exact case and other similar problems:

http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=61457.0

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60901.msg661491#msg661491

http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=62583.0

« Last Edit: 03:18 AM - 03/14/18 by ColdMan »

Offline SmoegeLord

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SmoegeLord
Ok so I had this problem when I first got my apex. Your not going to see a direct connection from your Android to the APEX via the Bluetooth connection in the settings. As long as it sees it your good. The app then uses your Bluetooth to connect with the apex. I think the confusion that has been happening is because everyone thinks they should see the APEX as being connected with your phone for the app to work. Apparently not with a android phone.

Online GitGud

• MVP
  • THE PUBG GOD
    • View Profile
I am very happy with XIM APEX but my problem is i can't connect to my phone ONE PLUS 2 (up to date with android) no matter how hard I try. With XIM4 there was no problem using the same phone but now it is impossible to make it work, it connects and recognizes APEX but when I change any variable through manager (for example sensitivities, it disconnects and i have to unplug APEX).

One plus forums says the phone supports Bluetooth LE, i cant change my phone because of this.

Is it possible that something has changed from XIM4 in terms of bluetooth connectivity? is it possible to improve compatibility in future beta updates? I'm not the only one who can't connect and it's really embarrassing to have to cable connect the APEX to PC everytime we need to change one parameter.

XIM APEX seems to do OK the sequence of lights that indicates bluetooth works and it connects but then any change disconnects it and i have to replug APEX.

Thanks.

I'm using the Apex with my OnePlus 5T. I haven't had any issues at all. You did hold the button on the Apex til it starts flashing to set it up for the first time right?
My Current Setup + CouchMaster Review | PUBG Config | XIM Apex | Xbox One X |
SteelSeries Rival 600 | SteelSeries Dex | SteelSeries Apex M500 | SteelSeries Siberia 800 | Turtle Beach Stream Mic | 27' iiyama G-Master | CouchMaster Cycon

Offline ColdMan

• View Profile

Thanks.

I'm using the Apex with my OnePlus 5T. I haven't had any issues at all. You did hold the button on the Apex til it starts flashing to set it up for the first time right?

I press the Apex button once (do i have to press hold?? i will try so) to detect and it detects ok so the manager shows on android perfectly,  the problem is when i change any parameter such as sensivitities then everything stops working and i'm forced to replug apex

Online GitGud

• MVP
  • THE PUBG GOD
    • View Profile

Thanks.

I press the Apex button once (do i have to press hold?? i will try so) to detect and it detects ok so the manager shows on android perfectly,  the problem is when i change any parameter such as sensivitities then everything stops working and i'm forced to replug apex

Yup I think you need to hold it til it starts flashing but it looks like it is setup correctly because the App is letting you change settings. I suggest you got to Settings>Apps>XIM Apex Manager> Wipe Data. Also perform a factory reset on the Apex. If that doesn't help try using a different phone so we know if the phone is the issue or the apex.
My Current Setup + CouchMaster Review | PUBG Config | XIM Apex | Xbox One X |
SteelSeries Rival 600 | SteelSeries Dex | SteelSeries Apex M500 | SteelSeries Siberia 800 | Turtle Beach Stream Mic | 27' iiyama G-Master | CouchMaster Cycon

Offline Squit

• View Profile
Probably doesn't help but I had issue with my oneplus 2 with xim products and my smart watch, I really don't think the Bluetooth is any good. Since I've upgraded to Samsung it's been fine.

Offline ColdMan

• View Profile

Thanks.

Yup I think you need to hold it til it starts flashing but it looks like it is setup correctly because the App is letting you change settings. I suggest you got to Settings>Apps>XIM Apex Manager> Wipe Data. Also perform a factory reset on the Apex. If that doesn't help try using a different phone so we know if the phone is the issue or the apex.

tried everything, it connects but the only thing that works without having to replug de APEX is changing game configs, every change of values or parameters cause stopping everything.

This is the screen i have from APEX, posted in the link below. APEX says "device communication integrity failure", maybe ObsIV can help me, it's kinda strange.

https://imgur.com/a/AENg6
« Last Edit: 09:41 AM - 03/14/18 by ColdMan »

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Oh ok, yeah that's bad. That means our checks for data corruption between your phone and XIM APEX is failing. Do you have any issues communicating with other Bluetooth LE devices (assuming you have any to try)?

Offline ColdMan

• View Profile
Oh ok, yeah that's bad. That means our checks for data corruption between your phone and XIM APEX is failing. Do you have any issues communicating with other Bluetooth LE devices (assuming you have any to try)?

Thank you ObsIV for your answer, i don't think i have other BT LE devices, do you know where this data corruption is from and why it fails?  so we could conclude this phone is definitely not compatible at all with LE devices or APEX and i will be forced to buy a better one someday cause i need to change values in real time when playing.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
I'm not sure why it's happening, unfortunately. Every payload of data that is sent between the phone and XIM APEX has a special set of data that is derived from the rest of the payload. This is sometimes called a "checksum" or "CRC". If the receiving side computes the checksum and it's different than from the sender, then, this causes a data integrity error. This is something rare to see, but, it must be from some sort of Bluetooth issue.

Do you happen to have another phone you can try your XIM APEX on so we can rule out a hardware issue with the Bluetooth radio on your XIM APEX?