XIM Community

[RESOLVED] xim apex not working  (Read 2457 times)

Offline Jet0Nation

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: itsJet0
  • PSN ID: Jet0Nation
[RESOLVED] xim apex not working
« on: 02:59 PM - 03/13/18 »
I am extremely upset. I have been with xim for over 3 years since the xim edge days. I am highly disappointed. I ordered a xim apex off of amazon for faster shipping because i was so impatient on getting the new xim apex. I got it yesterday ( Monday March 12th, 2018) in the mail and it only worked a solid 2 hours before it stopped working. The apex stopped after my last online match of call of duty where i went 54-2. It was amazing. The best xim product yet, but it just malfuctioned at the end of my match. I swear I did nothing to it. Cables and all worked perfectly. My apex and apex usb hub lights still come on now, but now it will not power on my mouse, keyboard, or controller. And it all of my components still work with the xim 4 and my other adapters that are just not as good but all my hardware works. I performed a factory reset 3 times and have tried reinstalling each of the three firmwares for xim apex. Let me just reiterate that the apex was working FLAWLESSLY for only a solid 2 hours in game with my hardware before it just stopped working. No power surges, no kind of random unplugs of my ps4, xim apex, or xim apex usb hub from the adapter. My mouse, keyboard, and controller did work! Nothing wrong with any of my components but the xim apex. PLEASE HELP. I have tried to trouble shoot in every possible way. I submitted a ticket no response, I even sent a direct message to admin OBsIV: no response. I have been with xim for years and have never had an issue with any of there products. I have looked at another forum where someone else was having an issue. I paid $125 for this. I am not a free beta tester. I want to phone call an adminstrator or something, I am in desperation.
« Last Edit: 11:26 AM - 04/08/18 by OBsIV »

Offline II THE HOST II

• View Profile
Re: xim apex not working
« Reply #1 on: 03:04 PM - 03/13/18 »
I promise you will be taken care of quickly, i have felt frustrated just like you but I shouldn't have because i can gaurentee you will be satisfied shortly.

I think they are shocked at how popular this has become and all the stuff that comes with such a technical device such as this.

I had a bad hub and had the same issue you are talking about.  I am not saying that is your issue but they took care of me within hours.

Must just be oversight.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: xim apex not working
« Reply #2 on: 03:47 PM - 03/13/18 »
Welcome to the community. You're in the right place, troubleshooting is done here in support.

Are these devices not receiving power or are they not passing input to the game? Could you attach the controller directly to APEX without the hub and let us know if you see a controller or console icon at the top of Manager's HUD screen?
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Jet0Nation

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] xim apex not working
« Reply #3 on: 09:16 PM - 03/13/18 »
it is the xim usb hub that does not work. the apex does seem to work instead of the xim usb hub. I tried hooking my controller straight to the adapter instead, and it lit up instead that way. I think the hub is what is not working at all and it is not powering up anything. What should i do since that is basically half of what makes the apex work? Will i receive a replacement xim hub? the xim adapter portion still responds to the app and everything. The usb hub wont power up any of my devices, but plugging the controller in the adapter did work.
« Last Edit: 09:24 PM - 03/13/18 by Jet0Nation »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #4 on: 09:44 PM - 03/13/18 »
Do you see the white power light on the hub? And, if you plug the hub in a PC and devices in it like your mouse, it doesn't work?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Jet0Nation

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:19 PM - 03/14/18 »
Correct. The hub still shows power but nothing through the hub works. The adapter is fine.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 08:50 PM - 03/14/18 »
Ok, to confirm though, it doesn't work through the PC, is that right?

Offline Noodle987

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:53 AM - 03/15/18 »
Hi, I'm having the same issue, ps4 controller is working in the apex device but when devices are in the usb hub there is no power going to any devices.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #8 on: 09:25 AM - 03/15/18 »
Hi, I'm having the same issue, ps4 controller is working in the apex device but when devices are in the usb hub there is no power going to any devices.

Can you start a new topic under Support so we can track your issue better?

Offline Jet0Nation

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:39 AM - 03/16/18 »
the hub is not supplying power to the devices. I am beginning to wonder why this is becoming more of a consistent issue with the hub not working. The light from the hub comes on but it does not do the job it was meant to do. It is suppose to power up your devices to translate through the adapter. ObsIV what's going on? The adapter works. The xim apex usb hub does not work.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #10 on: 10:53 AM - 03/16/18 »
the hub is not supplying power to the devices. I am beginning to wonder why this is becoming more of a consistent issue with the hub not working. The light from the hub comes on but it does not do the job it was meant to do. It is suppose to power up your devices to translate through the adapter. ObsIV what's going on? The adapter works. The xim apex usb hub does not work.

If you plug your mouse and keyboard into the hub and the hub into your PC and your devices aren't working, then, it's your hub that's the issue and we will need to arrange to get it replaced. Did you buy your XIM APEX from us? If so, can you please open an RMA through your store account?

Offline Jet0Nation

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06:56 PM - 03/18/18 »
Unfortunately I did not order through the site. I ordered one off of Amazon :(

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #12 on: 06:58 PM - 03/18/18 »
That's ok, we can take care of you though here: https://store.xim.tech/crm.asp?action=add

Offline Jet0Nation

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07:57 AM - 04/08/18 »
Iíve received my new xim hub after returning the defective one. It has been working like a charm. I appreciate all the help and support. Once again a proud xim customer

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #14 on: 11:26 AM - 04/08/18 »
Excellent, thanks for reporting back.