XIM Community

Before i buy  (Read 304 times)

Offline LordOfDoom47

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: LordOfDoom47
Before i buy
« on: 12:33 PM - 03/13/18 »
Hello XIM community
i hope someone in here will be honest with me as im interested in this XIM product

so a bit about me:
i have been playing PC since i was 7 and for 20+ years...i have spend a ton of money building one of the most hardcore gaming pc's money can buy yes i did spend $700+ on a graphics card...

now i have played pc for so long and im freakin tired of the hackers/cheaters in every fps game i find to enjoy so i decided to buy myself a xbox one but i can't god @#$% hit for $hit! im used to better accracy with mouse and keyboard and i just dont have that with a controller...

as of this moment i have played xbox for maybe 24 hours and im already tired of it
so i went on youtube and searched mouse keybord xbox one and this product called XIM Apex came up and im like:

does this really feel like pc gaming?

how does this work when i use tv and sit far away?

please be honest as i dont want some product that will make it all jaggy and make it so u cant aim anyway

Offline Bertuzzi1616

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Before i buy
« Reply #1 on: 01:37 PM - 03/13/18 »
Just go read the feedback threads mate. It'll be exactly what you want.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #2 on: 09:23 PM - 03/13/18 »
Hello XIM community
i hope someone in here will be honest with me as im interested in this XIM product

so a bit about me:
i have been playing PC since i was 7 and for 20+ years...i have spend a ton of money building one of the most hardcore gaming pc's money can buy yes i did spend $700+ on a graphics card...

now i have played pc for so long and im freakin tired of the hackers/cheaters in every fps game i find to enjoy so i decided to buy myself a xbox one but i can't god @#$% hit for $hit! im used to better accracy with mouse and keyboard and i just dont have that with a controller...

as of this moment i have played xbox for maybe 24 hours and im already tired of it
so i went on youtube and searched mouse keybord xbox one and this product called XIM Apex came up and im like:

does this really feel like pc gaming?

how does this work when i use tv and sit far away?

please be honest as i dont want some product that will make it all jaggy and make it so u cant aim anyway

Whether or not it feels like PC or how much it feels like PC really depends on the game. COD and Battlefield feel almost indistinguishable from PC. Games on console have a maximum turn speed though, which isn't something that exists on PC, so if you are a higher sensitivity player, you might hit the turn speed cap after which further input is ignored. When this happens it feels like deceleration. So, it'll feel like PC in most games as long as you stay under the turn speed cap. Some games have really poor look mechanics with things like time-based acceleration. Those games won't feel as good, but I think they still feel worlds better than with a thumbstick.

As far as using a TV from far away, that's up to you. If you're trying to be competitive, the TV isn't going to be a good setup. TVs have much higher input lag than monitors typically do.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline LordOfDoom47

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: LordOfDoom47
« Reply #3 on: 03:10 PM - 03/16/18 »
i can read some people say it feels terrible not smooth laggy etc

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:11 PM - 03/16/18 »
i can read some people say it feels terrible not smooth laggy etc

Like stated above, depends on the game. Some game developers create a game with great look mechanics. Then you have some, like Ubisoft and Valve, that have horrible mechanics. You can do lots of tuning to get them to be somewhat playable. The Battlefield and COD titles are extremely smooth and feel very close to PC. Other titles with feel bad. Depends on the game.
Xbox One X
XIM Apex
Logitech G502 12k DPI @ 1000Hz
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X