XIM Community

I need help with my XIM4 + elgato hd60  (Read 124 times)

Offline JbowenDaMan

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: JbowenDaMan
I need help with my XIM4 + elgato hd60
« on: 06:33 AM - 03/13/18 »
I've posted here a lot, and I'm not trying to be annoying.  I'm just running out of every other option.  I have a regular PS4 not the pro.  I use a XIM4 and an elgato hd60.  I plug my elgato hd60 into my pc and PS4, my PlayStation gold headset into my PS4, and my blue yetti microphone into the pc.  But when I record or live stream, there's no game audio whatsoever.  I can only record my voice audio.  I messaged elgato support hoping it might have something to do with there product, but they had no clue.  I eventually figured out that when I unplug my headset, the game audio records.  So it was not the xim4's fault.  Which they responded to me by saying that the PS4 does not record game audio if you are using a USB headset.  But I've seen people stream using XIM4 and elgato.  I've watched it, so why is it so insanely complicated for me to do the same?  My pc is good enough to stream at 1080 60frames so I know it's not that, it's not the xim4's fault.  What other options do I possibly have?
Thanks for any responses.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: I need help with my XIM4 + elgato hd60
« Reply #1 on: 06:59 AM - 03/13/18 »
Can you use the optical audio port on the PS4 for the headphones? If not, pick up a cheap MixAmp 2013, connect to your console via optical and use whatever cans you want. The reason I suggest the 2013 model is the components in the unit are better quality and it's cross-platform compatible, unlike more recent Astro models.

Astro cans aren't very good, so avoid the temptation to get A40s or even worse, A50s. Get HyperX Cloud II headphones, but ignore the USB soundcard and plug it into the MixAmp instead. I don't know if the mic will work, but you don't need it anyway.

That should do the job and I'm confident it'll work. If not, you've vastly improved your audio on the cheap :)

I just had a thought...you can pipe audio out via both HDMI and optical concurrently as a setting on the PS4. That's how this setup will work. Check the PS4 audio settings to see if you can do the same with your existing setup.

Offline JbowenDaMan

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: JbowenDaMan
Re: I need help with my XIM4 + elgato hd60
« Reply #2 on: 07:10 AM - 03/13/18 »
Can you use the optical audio port on the PS4 for the headphones? If not, pick up a cheap MixAmp 2013, connect to your console via optical and use whatever cans you want. The reason I suggest the 2013 model is the components in the unit are better quality and it's cross-platform compatible, unlike more recent Astro models.

Astro cans aren't very good, so avoid the temptation to get A40s or even worse, A50s. Get HyperX Cloud II headphones, but ignore the USB soundcard and plug it into the MixAmp instead. I don't know if the mic will work, but you don't need it anyway.

That should do the job and I'm confident it'll work. If not, you've vastly improved your audio on the cheap :)

I just had a thought...you can pipe audio out via both HDMI and optical concurrently as a setting on the PS4. That's how this setup will work. Check the PS4 audio settings to see if you can do the same with your existing setup.

What is the optical audio port on the PS4?  how exactly would I set this stuff up?  Also last question is I need a new headset as well with the mix amp?