XIM Community

Beta Exo  (Read 3248 times)

Offline kuhl

• View Profile
Re: Beta Exo
« Reply #45 on: 08:00 PM - 03/13/18 »
I'm going to wait till the weekend to try this beta, but I have an early question. What is the conversion ratio for the hip and ads ? I saw someone asked but no response. I saw someone put up divide by 10. I just want to know the right number to divide by. I'm playing PUBG and it was a pain to find the right sens, I just didn't want to go through that again
From what I can tell, there is no direct conversion. Drop by a factor 10 for 12K, then go by feel. I've dropped by roughly 3.5 to 4 x at 250Hz and 3200 DPI.

Itís probably different for each person. But whatever setting you find you can then extrapolate it to your other settings for that ST. Example, I found that if I multiply my old settings to 0.043 it came extremely close the sensitivity of my old settings. But I only did it on pubg. You could try the exact one and let me know how close it is for you.

Offline geekdll

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 08:08 PM - 03/13/18 »
This version is working well for me on Fortnite using a G502. Thanks for this update. Things are going in the right direction.
XIM Apex
Razer Tartarus
Logitech G502 PROTEUS
Mixamp TR + Sennheiser PC 360
PS4
Netduma

Offline systole

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 08:40 PM - 03/13/18 »
tried destiny 2 and titanfall 2, both games dividing my sensitivity by "16.1" got me there almost exactly, im using 5000 dpi. i ended up switching back to the 0306 beta. i almost prefer this new experimental firmware, not requiring smoothing is great and feels immediately sharp and accurate. but like just a couple others said, it doesnt quite do what i want. playing tf2 with no AA, and d2 with tons of AA, both games had me thinking, "was that me or the xim, or the dpi?"  "am i having a sluggish/shakey day?" no matter what smoothing, full 0-20 range, also tried a few other dpi settings. thought i was still doing fine though. however once i switched back to 0306, i immediately felt faster and more comfortable, and i felt like what i was attempting was translated better. lord knows i cant tell you why exactly that is. using 1000 polling on both m and kb.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #48 on: 08:41 PM - 03/13/18 »
I have another idea that I'm going to try out and release to you if it works out. A change to Smoothing but one that combines the Smoothing of today with the other new stuff I'm doing in the EX0 build. Trying for the best of both worlds while only have a single knob for adjustment. More on this soon.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 08:44 PM - 03/13/18 »
obsiv if you can check what multiplication values are needed to maintain your mouse sensitivity from the regular build? (if it can be easily spotted within the code)

otherwise i might try to narrow it down when the bext build is out so people have a guideline by how much they have to reduce their sensitivity to keep the same speed
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Wittmann

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 09:28 PM - 03/13/18 »
I played 3 hours in Fortnite
This is best firmware so far
Almost no need to setting smoothing

G502
12000Dpi
1000Hz

Offline II THE HOST II

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 09:29 PM - 03/13/18 »
This new beta is the most promising so far.

No jitter where there was before. 

No smoothing need in 1000hz mode for Fortnite.

It really seems to be plug and play.  Even sensitivity numbers are in a laymenís terms now.

I can see where this build would have stopped a lot of weirdness in the beginning for me.  I probably would have never even payed that close attention to the forums.

This is all opinion off of fortnite and overwatch although overwatch has felt amazing at any setting. 

Offline sonicwall4500

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Sonicwall_4500
« Reply #52 on: 09:47 PM - 03/13/18 »
I tried this out in COD WW2. micro movements felt great...but something definitely felt off. I would normally go 2-3+KD per game with beta 0306 and with this one I dropped significantly. I was at 5 hip and 4 ADS GPro mouse 1000hz  12k dpi no smoothing. I played for a few hours and I was barely going positive. I went back to FW 0306 and everything returned to normal for me.
Logitech Gpro mouse, Logitech G13 keypad. Benq RL2455 Monitor. PS3/PS4. Logitech G440 hard mouse pad. XIM4, 3k DPI, 1000 polling

Offline NesQuik

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 10:49 PM - 03/13/18 »
This version is working well for me on Fortnite using a G502. Thanks for this update. Things are going in the right direction.

+1

Offline said the sky

• 420-710-DABS
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ricko229
« Reply #54 on: 02:46 AM - 03/14/18 »
Yeah this firmware rocks for sure or at least better than the last. 12k 1000hz with 0 smoothing and it feels nice. 8 hip 6 ads could maybe go lower tbh.  The AA in fortnite feels fine to me :) I don't really notice the AA bubble like I did with the previous build using like 7 smoothing
« Last Edit: 03:43 AM - 03/14/18 by thediscobiscuits »
Logitech G Pro @ 12000 DPI 1000 Hz
Zowie G-SR Mousepad
Zowie Camade Bungee
BenQ XL2411Z Monitor
Ducky One Tenkeyless Blue LED Cherry MX Red Keyboard

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #55 on: 03:47 AM - 03/14/18 »
Thanks for the feedback. What's different here is the purpose of Smoothing. In prior builds Smoothing was used to compensate for the very high XIM sensitivities from using 1000Hz.. Now it's a less central setting in that it's designed specifically to stabilize micro aim for high DPI mice. In fact, you may find that you don't need Smoothing at all.

For Halo 5, for Sensitivity I went from 60 to 4, and Smoothing from 7 to 4. Smoothing, for me personally, helps with subtle aim adjustment.

The APEX hasn't yet given me the 'wow' feeling that antithesis and several other APEX testers expressed in January. Itís good, but I havenít noticed a significant improvement over the XIM4.
To be fair, my set-up with the previous XIM included curves that allowed me turn and snap on more quickly than the native software did and I had built up significant muscle memory in the three years that I used it. I donít feel the need for any ballistics curves with the APEX. It is just as snappy as the 4 was without them, so I guess thatís better, but I didnít mind using curves.

I think my problem is with the Smoothing.

I am using a Swiftpoint Z (Pixart PMW 3360 1 kHz optical sensor) on a Cooler Master Swift-RX (cloth mouse pad) with the first APEX Beta software.
At 1 kHz I get unplayable jitter, both with Hip and ADS. I have to add 12 Smoothing to eliminate it, which I feel makes my micro movements (most noticeable at longer ranges) jumpy and inconsistent. To eliminate jitter completely I have to run the APEX at 250 Hz where I get no jitter and therefore need no Smoothing, but then I feel very little difference between the APEX and the 4.

Iím going to test whether the USB switch that I have between the APEX and my PC/PS4 Pro is reducing my mouseís polling rate, when I get home tonight. Iíll also test the actual polling rate of my Z using BenQís programme to eliminate both of these as a cause of possible reduction of the advertised polling rate of my mouse. Hopefully neither will show any problems and then Iíll install the latest Beta Exo and see if I can run my APEX at 1000 Hertz.

Iíll let you know how I get on.

Just hoping for the wow.

Please give this EX0 build a shot and let us know.

Tested my Swiftpoint Z's polling rate last night. Surprisingly, it only polls at around 750 times a second. Very disappointing as the PMW3360 is supposed to poll at 1000 Hz. But it is what it is. The USB switch doesn't affect the polling rate.

So I went and installed the Ex0 beta software.
Set  APEX polling to 500 Hz. Reduced Hip sensitivity to 11 and ADS to 4 at 3200 DPI. No Smoothing. Playing CoD Infinite Warfare.

Wow!

Movement is now so fluid it feels as though I've got friction free pads on my mouse! Although the Z still moves the same as it always has, translation to my on-screen movements are just so much better. Feels like I'm gliding in Hip and my aim is so much snappier. And where before I often struggled to stay on target whilst strafing, it's now easy to do so.

This is exactly the kind of improvement that I was hoping for with the APEX. A genuine wow moment.

Thanks for designing, building and constantly improving your product OBsIV. You are clearly committed to ensuring that the APEX works exactly the way that you envisioned. You're one talented engineer.

Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, fnatic Boost Speed, Audio Technica ATH AD700, MixAmp Pro, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline Biggage

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
  • Gamertag: Atmo nS
  • PSN ID: Atmo_nS
« Reply #56 on: 06:38 AM - 03/14/18 »
After playing around more with this build, I've noticed I'm getting "Stuck" in the AA bubble on CoD  :-\

I think it's possibly too smooth, lost that snappy feeling I like from the previous builds - I'm gonna flash back for now :(

Im noticing this as well.... I've gone back to 0306 for the time being.

I have to say I experienced the same thing with WWII. While the aiming DEF felt much better, I was fighting aim assist way more. I tried various smoothing settings from 0 to 7 and it was the same outcome. I went back to the 0306 firmware and with WWII it works the best a XIM has ever worked for me.

4K DPI
1000HZ
120 HIP 7 Smoothing
75 ADS 3 Smoothing
« Last Edit: 06:55 AM - 03/14/18 by Biggage »

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
« Reply #57 on: 06:41 AM - 03/14/18 »
How come you didn't flash back to 0306?
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline Lukasz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: boloMALAN
« Reply #58 on: 06:43 AM - 03/14/18 »
cbntlg, those are some very interesting findings.

I am kind of in same boat as you are. I have been gaming on XIM 4 for about 2 years. I got decent at it, IW 55 nukes etc and I believe that I have reached my max potential.

My problem was always the problem of tracking moving targets and tracking in general. I don't think it had anything to do with the device and rather lack of magic dexterity in my hand.

I got Apex like a week ago and was doing decent just as I was with XIM 4 but have struggled a bit with tracking targets which I was fine with.

I should also add that I have over 2 years tried different mouse, mouse pads and sensitivities from high to low but still can't track targets like a PRO :) which comes down to just maxing out my abilities of aiming.

Now what you wrote is really interesting too me as I was never able to stay perfectly on target while strafing and my fine aim always felt jumpy. I have installed the other day new beat F and didn't like it a lot, after reading your post I will give it another go and do what you did.

I should add that my zowie AC2 A only pulls consistent 9994 only if I continuously and really fast move the mouse in circles and on all other occasions it is very random.

It would be great if you could test that on the firmware previous to this one as I liked it a tone more due to the sharpness and responsiveness it offers comparing to this firmware.

Best regards,

Lukasz

Offline Biggage

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
  • Gamertag: Atmo nS
  • PSN ID: Atmo_nS
« Reply #59 on: 06:55 AM - 03/14/18 »
How come you didn't flash back to 0306?

Correction, I meant 0306.