XIM Community

Corsair Glaive RGB Help  (Read 280 times)

Offline brown32

• View Profile
Corsair Glaive RGB Help
« on: 05:09 PM - 03/12/18 »
Love the feel of this mouse, but I can't get it totally working properly with the XIM Apex. I installed the Corsair CUE software and remapped the 2 side buttons and the middle click button and saved them to the onboard memory.

I know I did this properly because I plugged the mouse into another computer without the Corsair software running, opened a text document, and the mouse buttons produced the keystroke they were mapped to.

The XIM apex recognizes the left click, right click, and scroll up/down, but doesn't recognize the remapped buttons.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Corsair Glaive RGB Help
« Reply #1 on: 05:36 PM - 03/12/18 »
These may require the CUE software. The definition of onboard memory varies between manufacturers. Logitech has true onboard memory but this is hit or miss with others. Some save the configuration to the device but require software, it sounds like this is the case here.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline brown32

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:41 PM - 03/12/18 »
I plugged the mouse into my Mac without the Corsair software running and the button mapping worked fine in a text document..

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie
« Reply #3 on: 06:44 PM - 03/12/18 »
I have a Glaive coming tomorrow but my Corsair M65 Pro mouse back/forward buttons worked just fine out of the box. The forward and back mouse buttons instantly were recognized as such by the XIM. It's the snipe button that didn't work on the M65 with the XIM no matter what I tried to do.

Try mapping your mouse back forward buttons to just that - mouse forward and back. That should work is my guess.

Offline Weedlen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:47 PM - 03/12/18 »
a lot of us prefer the g502 for the reason of having physical onboard memory. It seems to be the bread and butter of the xim community.
What will Weedlen say next?

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:40 PM - 03/12/18 »
a lot of us prefer the g502 for the reason of having physical onboard memory. It seems to be the bread and butter of the xim community.

I've used a G502, G403, Steel Series Rival 600 and Corsair M65 Pro and they all had onboard memory of some amount, and all of their primary left/right/middle/back/forward buttons worked perfectly with the XIM. The only button that gave me an issue was the perfectly placed special sniper button on the M65 Pro. But it's back/forward buttons worked fine.

I haven't tried the Glaive yet but that's coming tomorrow so maybe I can figure out this guys problem.

Offline brown32

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:26 PM - 03/12/18 »
I bought the G502 and Glaive at the same time. The higher DPI on the glaive makes it feel smoother than g502. Also didn't like how the g502 felt so..long? Overall, like the shape of the Glaive a lot more

Let me know if you get the Glaive working? Would like to know if this is a compatibility thing or my mouse is defective.

Thanks

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:27 PM - 03/12/18 »
I bought the G502 and Glaive at the same time. The higher DPI on the glaive makes it feel smoother than g502. Also didn't like how the g502 felt so..long? Overall, like the shape of the Glaive a lot more

Let me know if you get the Glaive working? Would like to know if this is a compatibility thing or my mouse is defective.

Thanks

Did you try remapping the back/forward buttons to exactly that? Back and forwards?

Offline brown32

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:52 AM - 03/13/18 »

Thanks

Did you try remapping the back/forward buttons to exactly that? Back and forwards?

Not sure what you mean by this? Map them as forward/backward movements or forward and backward keys?

Offline Weedlen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:02 AM - 03/13/18 »

Thanks

Not sure what you mean by this? Map them as forward/backward movements or forward and backward keys?

He means dont try and map them to another key. Leave it in its default setting and see if you can then map buttons while using the xim.
What will Weedlen say next?

Offline Charles P

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:36 AM - 03/13/18 »
I use the Glaive and have no issues. Then again, I never tried to remap the buttons. I only have custom DPI profiles saved, and it saves all of them.

Offline brown32

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12:48 PM - 03/13/18 »
Thanks for the help, everyone. I unmapped the keys and everything worked flawlessly. Great mouse -- was going to keep it even if I couldn't get the buttons to work

/thread

Offline Silentblack

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Silentblack00
« Reply #12 on: 01:07 PM - 03/13/18 »
Why don't you just bind it in the apex manager?