XIM Community

Will this hub work?  (Read 164 times)

Offline Rxvzi jr

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Rxvzi jr
Will this hub work?
« on: 04:26 PM - 03/12/18 »
Can someone please help tell me if this usb hub will work it is a powerful o e with 5v and 3amps but it's is  usb 3.0 so I don't know if it will work...  Link:https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01FO2QS0O/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1520893059&sr=8-2-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=powered%2Busb%2Bhub%2B2.0%2Bwith%2Bac%2Badapter&psc=1&th=1

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Will this hub work?
« Reply #1 on: 05:00 PM - 03/12/18 »
It should work, however there's no need for a hub unless you're experiencing disconnection issues with your Apex.

Offline Rxvzi jr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:02 PM - 03/12/18 »
It should work, however there's no need for a hub unless you're experiencing disconnection issues with your Apex.

I need more USB ports on my Xbox I use ALOT

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:08 PM - 03/12/18 »
Don't put the Apex on one if you can avoid it. Put everything else on a hub if possible, but leave a port clear for your Xim setup to ensure enough power for your setup (mice and kbs can be power-hungry).

That said, you can connect the Apex to a powered USB hub and it should work. Don't put it on the same hub / port as a HDD, that thing will all the USB bandwidth and you may experience power shortages.

Offline Rxvzi jr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:47 PM - 03/12/18 »
Don't put the Apex on one if you can avoid it. Put everything else on a hub if possible, but leave a port clear for your Xim setup to ensure enough power for your setup (mice and kbs can be power-hungry).

That said, you can connect the Apex to a powered USB hub and it should work. Don't put it on the same hub / port as a HDD, that thing will all the USB bandwidth and you may experience power shortages.

Thanks!!