XIM Community

Sony Move controller + Apex + Xbox One?  (Read 1141 times)

Offline Rayn

• View Profile
Sony Move controller + Apex + Xbox One?
« on: 02:45 PM - 03/12/18 »
So I'm on XBOX 1 (playing Rainbow Six Siege), making the leap from the xbox controller to mouse + navigational controller, through the Apex.

So far I've setteled on the Logitech G502 for a mouse.
I like the Sony Move Controller, but will it work with the XBox one through the Xim Apex?

Also, I'm wondering if this is a good setup...both accessories seem to get good reviews.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Sony Move controller + Apex + Xbox One?
« Reply #1 on: 03:33 PM - 03/12/18 »
Welcome to the community. Yes, the nav is supported by APEX and works with all consoles that APEX supports. Many gamers use this setup so I do recommend it if you're wanting analog player movement.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Rayn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:48 PM - 03/12/18 »
Great, thanks for clarifying.

While I see on the Xim ‘gaming styles’ page that the Sony move controller is wirelessly compatible with the Apex,  I just realized the G502 is a wired mouse, and I may want to go G602 (the wireless cousin of the G502). Would this mouse be compatible?
« Last Edit: 08:02 AM - 03/13/18 by Rayn »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:59 PM - 03/12/18 »
The G602 isn't a great wireless gaming mouse, it was Logitech's first attempt. It works but has low DPI, an undesirable sensor and a low polling rate. I recommend the G900 series if you're wanting a wireless mouse.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Edwood

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:11 PM - 03/13/18 »
I use the Sony Nav controller with my Apex as well.  One thing I miss about the XIM4 is that it automatically paired with the Sony Nav bluetooth when you plug it in for the first time.   So if I just unplugged it, it would be wireless immediately.  Or maybe it was always running wireless and just received power when plugged in?  Either way it never needed to be paired manually or set up.  Just plug and play.  With the XIM Apex, on the other hand.  Not so much.
XIM4 + Run and Gun = Fun.

Offline Rayn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:37 AM - 03/25/18 »
Got the G900 and Sony Nav controller configured and setup, wired. Sweet deal.

Is there a setting on the APEX to get them to work wirelessly?

Offline Rayn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:55 PM - 03/25/18 »
Actually setting up the G900 mouse wirelessly was easy, just using the usb receptor. To connect the Sony Move Nav controller wirelessly, follow the instructions here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_X_ntzv_zc
« Last Edit: 03:17 PM - 03/25/18 by Rayn »

Offline wolverine1422

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: wolverine1422
« Reply #7 on: 04:14 PM - 06/12/18 »
FYI, I just bought the XIM Apex for XBOX 1X through Amazon. Originally, I tried the keyboard and mouse (keyboard G413 carbon, mouse G502) playing Fortnite and WWII. I could not get the hang of the keyboard. I read somewhere that XIM will support the PS3 Navigation nun-chuck for Xbox One, so I went to game stop to purchased the nun-chuch for under $2.00. It actually works. through trial and error, mainly mapping the buttons, I'm now feeling comfortable using both. The nun-chuch did not work originally, but I believe I had the wrong type of cable, once I figured that out, all was good. The XIM phone app registered the Xbox controller, PS3 nun-chuck, and G502 mouse.
Hope this helps anyone out there questioning whether this will work.

-wolverine1422

Offline Bully

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:19 PM - 06/19/18 »
I use the G502 and the Sony Nav, the nav connects wirelessly every time I use it no problems with my Apex, only plugged it in wired once to pair it and never had to since.
Xim4 | Xbox One X | Elite controller | Logitech G502 mouse |
Razer Orbweaver Chroma Stealth | Sony Nav |
Razer Destructor Mat | 50" Panasonic 4K LED TV |
Xbox One preview program |