XIM Community

BF1 - Auto spot  (Read 760 times)

Offline Drstrange

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Dr_strange
BF1 - Auto spot
« on: 11:16 AM - 03/12/18 »
I was looking for a simple method to auto spot in BF1.
So far I have only found RMLīs post on BF1 setups. But I was hoping to find some other way - does the new Apex have some sort of functionally that would make this work better?

Quote form RMLīs post
HELPFUL TIPS:
- To automatically hold your breath when ADSing. Add a 80 ms delay to ADS activation. Then go into your ADS config and apply sprint to your ADS button under secondary bindings. (you won't feel the delay).
- To make spotting much easier. Go into your ADS config and chose an easy button you can quickly press while ADSing to spot someone. Now you can easily spam the spot button while in ADS. I use a NAV for ADSing, so I use RC for spotting while ADS is active. Every time I fire I also quickly press right click to spot them before releasing the ADS button, just in case I didn't get the head shot. This will not effect what that button is used for while roaming around in hip.

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: BF1 - Auto spot
« Reply #1 on: 03:23 PM - 03/12/18 »
I was looking for a simple method to auto spot in BF1.
So far I have only found RMLīs post on BF1 setups. But I was hoping to find some other way - does the new Apex have some sort of functionally that would make this work better?

Quote form RMLīs post
HELPFUL TIPS:
- To automatically hold your breath when ADSing. Add a 80 ms delay to ADS activation. Then go into your ADS config and apply sprint to your ADS button under secondary bindings. (you won't feel the delay).
- To make spotting much easier. Go into your ADS config and chose an easy button you can quickly press while ADSing to spot someone. Now you can easily spam the spot button while in ADS. I use a NAV for ADSing, so I use RC for spotting while ADS is active. Every time I fire I also quickly press right click to spot them before releasing the ADS button, just in case I didn't get the head shot. This will not effect what that button is used for while roaming around in hip.

Under secondary bindings, set the RB or R1 button to whatever key you want to spot, i.e. right mouse button. It'll work fine but remember the spotting function has a cooldown timer so you can't spam it.
Xbox One X
XIM Apex
Logitech G502 12k DPI @ 1000Hz
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline stormynight

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:36 PM - 03/13/18 »
Still can’t get this to work just brings up the communications wheel

Offline Drstrange

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:42 AM - 03/14/18 »
Likewise  :-[ ...

Using secondary commands I have tried:

- adding spot to ADS activation (right click on mouse)  = causes Comorse to appearer during aim also you can't track enemies because of activated Comorse map.

- adding spot to Fire (left click on mouse) while ADS activation. = this worked but only for sniping not SMG or others were you will hold Fire because of activated Comorse map. If you are okay with this just add some delay 80-100ms.

For now I will just use q when.... But since Apex is a digital translation device it would be very nice if some sort of macro handling could be implemented..

Offline RML

• MVP
  • L1vE DiFfeR3nT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:39 PM - 03/14/18 »
You have to tap the spot button, you can't hold it. This works best for snipers (no doubt). But I rarely see a need to spot for anything but sniping TBH. I guess some of the Medic guns could be an issue. I rarely use that class though. You definitely can't use spot with the fire button for anything other then sniper.
XXX | C:M$ | XIM APEX | Latest | BenQ 24" Monitor | Pad: Steel Series 9HD | Sony Nav | A: Sennheiser 650's/Mod mic/Sound Blaster X7 | M: G502 | D: 12,000 | P: 1000 | AAA Setup [on]

Advanced Settings Info - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=41264.0
Anti Aim Assist curve set for ANY FPS Game -
 http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49063.0
Destiny 1&2 Advanced Settings - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=56658.msg626940#msg626940

Offline Drstrange

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:58 PM - 03/14/18 »
I added a Macro to the mouse - i use a Rival 600. But I can be done with anything that has onboard memory.

The Steelseries 3 does not have al lot of features compared to logitech. Theres no option for scripts.
You can add something like Rmouse(10ms) Spot-key (1ms) release Rmouse (10ms) and then just have that repeated while holding. It does not activate Comorse. Just spots what ever in the ADS field.

If you use Hold breath on APEX you will need to move that into the Macro.
So you have Lshift (hold) Rmouse(10ms) Spot-key (1ms) release Rmouse (10ms) Lshift (release) and repeat with 50ms delay.

ITīs not perfect but it works and you spot a lot more (+points) then if you just tap spot once in a while.
But I did remove it again as it slowed me down I bit.

spot can also be used to create a --perfect burst using spot as sleep
Lmouse (1ms) Sleep(100ms) Release Lmouse (1ms) Sleep(120ms) -- repeat (5ms)

This great just not for sniping.

Offline stormynight

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:18 PM - 03/14/18 »
I added a Macro to the mouse - i use a Rival 600. But I can be done with anything that has onboard memory.

The Steelseries 3 does not have al lot of features compared to logitech. Theres no option for scripts.
You can add something like Rmouse(10ms) Spot-key (1ms) release Rmouse (10ms) and then just have that repeated while holding. It does not activate Comorse. Just spots what ever in the ADS field.

If you use Hold breath on APEX you will need to move that into the Macro.
So you have Lshift (hold) Rmouse(10ms) Spot-key (1ms) release Rmouse (10ms) Lshift (release) and repeat with 50ms delay.

ITīs not perfect but it works and you spot a lot more (+points) then if you just tap spot once in a while.
But I did remove it again as it slowed me down I bit.

spot can also be used to create a --perfect burst using spot as sleep
Lmouse (1ms) Sleep(100ms) Release Lmouse (1ms) Sleep(120ms) -- repeat (5ms)

This great just not for sniping.

Thanks I’ll give this a try