XIM Community

How is xim4 working these days?  (Read 704 times)

Offline Heathh

• View Profile
How is xim4 working these days?
« on: 09:44 PM - 03/11/18 »
I got my XIM4 when Black Ops 3 launched. I spent a lot of time but I couldn't get it to feel as crisp as playing on PC, so I haven't touched it since.

With Black Ops 4 on the way, I wanted to dust this thing off and give it another go. Does functionality with PS4 work consistently/accurately, and how gear dependent is it/how annoying is it to get it right?

I have a logitech g900 mouse. It was the mouse that always gave me problems, but I've tried a couple different mice since I used my XIM4.

Apologies if this isn't allowed or whatever, just wanted to get some users' opinions.

Offline Tyler2018

• View Profile
Re: How is xim4 working these days?
« Reply #1 on: 05:20 AM - 03/12/18 »
Get the apex. You wonít be disappointed

Offline colony98787

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: colony98787
« Reply #2 on: 11:30 AM - 03/12/18 »
I can speak much about apex because I havent received it yet but Im still using my Xim4 and It's not bad at all. Just depends on the games you play i guess.

Offline Heathh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:46 PM - 03/12/18 »
Get the apex. You wonít be disappointed

Sell it to me, why spend 100 bucks for that instead of just reviving the xim4? With the xim4 I spent days on end tweaking settings and it still feeling like there was mouse acceleration. How's the setup on the apex in comparison? Am I still going to be spending quite some time trying to tweak to find JUST THE RIGHT set of values? and check marks? etc? Is the apex going to be better for Black Ops 4 on PS4 than the xim4 ever could be? and why?

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #4 on: 04:35 AM - 03/13/18 »
I have a logitech g900 mouse. It was the mouse that always gave me problems, but I've tried a couple different mice since I used my XIM4.

Interesting. I used a G900 and XIM4 to play BO3 for several months without any problems.

What difficulties were you getting?
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, fnatic Boost Speed, Audio Technica ATH AD700, MixAmp Pro, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline Heathh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:44 PM - 03/13/18 »

Interesting. I used a G900 and XIM4 to play BO3 for several months without any problems.

This was around the type my g500 broke, I got a g502 and hated it, and moved to a g900... and this was a long time ago. I just remember there being so many variables and settings to change that were for different mice and systems and games and I could never get it just right, so I never used it. I remember there were no official releases, just a lot of beta ones, and a lot of other people having trouble too.  Which is pretty much why I'm here. Wanting the community's opinion on if it's improved or roughly the same... and now if it would save time and a headache to get the apex.

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
  • Gamertag: x GuNStArHeRo
  • PSN ID: GuNStAr-HeRo-
« Reply #6 on: 04:15 PM - 03/13/18 »
XiM4 is a great product if you still have it. i can't really speak much on Apex but i'm sure it's far superior than XiM4 because of the polling rate change feature. when i get my Apex on wednesday i can give better feedback.
XIM: Apex | Titan: Two | XiM Link | PS4 Pro & XBox One X | PC: i7700k 1080ti ftw3 | M: G502 | KB: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2012 | Mouse Pad: HyperX Fury S Pro Gaming Mouse Pad X-Large |  Console Audio/Mic: Modded Audio-Technica ATH-AD900X Open-Back w/ ModMic 5 & Creative Sound Blaster X7 | PC Mic: Samson G-Track | Monitor: 27" Samsung Monitor SyncMaster

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:35 AM - 03/14/18 »

This was around the type my g500 broke, I got a g502 and hated it, and moved to a g900... and this was a long time ago. I just remember there being so many variables and settings to change that were for different mice and systems and games and I could never get it just right, so I never used it. I remember there were no official releases, just a lot of beta ones, and a lot of other people having trouble too.  Which is pretty much why I'm here. Wanting the community's opinion on if it's improved or roughly the same... and now if it would save time and a headache to get the apex.

As a CoD player as well, I was a little underwhelmed with the APEX. It felt as good as the XIM4 (which is an excellent piece of kit) but not significantly better. However, I have now installed the Ex0 firmware and now experience more fluid movement and snappier aim than I did with the 4. It feels very close to PC.
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, fnatic Boost Speed, Audio Technica ATH AD700, MixAmp Pro, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

Offline Heathh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:47 PM - 03/16/18 »

As a CoD player as well, I was a little underwhelmed with the APEX. It felt as good as the XIM4 (which is an excellent piece of kit) but not significantly better. However, I have now installed the Ex0 firmware and now experience more fluid movement and snappier aim than I did with the 4. It feels very close to PC.

So would you suggest dusting off the xim4 or just getting the apex for the release of bo3?

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06:25 PM - 03/16/18 »
Ah, $64,000 question.

I play CoD all the time, so taking the plunge with the APEX was the right decision for me, but OBsIV is currently tweaking beta firmware almost every day. So in your case, I think you should hold off on APEX until we have the best version.

XIM4 is still pretty @#$% good, but I think APEX will be play awesome oN BO4 by October.
Where's Half-Life 3?

Offline X.I.M-Abuse

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06:06 AM - 03/17/18 »
Xim Apex is better but most people cant feel the difference.
If you aren't a hardcore PC gamer you won't notice any difference between xim 4 and apex.

It's not easy to set up a xim doesn't matter which one.
It took me about 1,5 years to get a really good setting on my xim 4. Of course it was a lot easier for me to set up my apex now.

You wont get a 1to1 PC feeling with any xim out there. You should ask others to post their cod settings and try them or spend more time in adjusting your own settings.

And also your settings don't feel perfect at first you have to learn to play with it. As I received my apex I was bad with my settings a few days later I felt comfortable with it. I will tweak my settings until I stop playing that's a never ending story.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #11 on: 08:15 AM - 03/17/18 »
However, I have now installed the Ex0 firmware and now experience more fluid movement and snappier aim than I did with the 4. It feels very close to PC.

Yes, I highly recommend everyone use our Beta firmware (current version is "EX1") because we are adding new settings around aim based on feedback.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.