XIM Community

XIM2 without a PC possible? Maybe!  (Read 1279 times)

Offline xSir Nubx

• View Profile
XIM2 without a PC possible? Maybe!
« on: 11:31 PM - 06/26/08 »
Hey guys,
I was just thinking about the fact that everywhere I go, I need to have a laptop to enjoy my loveable XIM2. I do have an eePC, but I let others use it, so I dont know if I will always have a Laptop on hand(especially not my 55 LB destop in a mid tower). Today I was browsing the net on my PS3 on the forums and it hit me! What if I can use the XIM2 through my PS3 instead of a laptop or destop! That would be great. But only 1 problem: the OS. But I found out that you can put new OS's on your ps3. The best OS is yellow dog linux(mostly made for it). This is great for PS3 PC, but I dont know if the XIM2 people will make the software for XIM2 linux capable. So then I found windows XP on the PS3. But here it runs slow and weird as heck, and I can destroy my PS3 if I mess up, and I need to mod it(so no). Then I found windows 2000/98! This runs about perfectly and most likely the software for the XIM2 works with it(maybe?). So that means I can take the PC out of the XIM2 part. For me its great, because now I dont need to take my laptop everywhere I want to play. Although, all my laptops are smaller than my PS3 bundle. So what do you guys think?

P.S: I really wish I had an XIM right now for BF:BC. I have to use a universal setting for my XFPS for all my games(which sort of works), but it sucks for Battlefeild bad company.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: XIM2 without a PC possible? Maybe!
« Reply #1 on: 12:15 AM - 06/27/08 »
Someone a few weeks ago asked if XIM2 could run on Windows 2000. My answer was that there is a good chance that it will and that they should try it out. I haven't heard back, so, maybe you'll be the first to try. :)
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

technogiant

« Reply #2 on: 03:43 AM - 06/27/08 »
I'm thinking of making a tiny pc just for use with the xim2...Ive got my gaming rig right next to my 360 but it seems an awful waste cranking it up just to run xim2.

I did see some threads saying that later versions of xim2 could run without a pc? would be interested if any one can confirm that and explain how that is going to work.

Offline abs0lut

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:34 AM - 06/27/08 »
Hey guys,
I was just thinking about the fact that everywhere I go, I need to have a laptop to enjoy my loveable XIM2. I do have an eePC, but I let others use it, so I dont know if I will always have a Laptop on hand(especially not my 55 LB destop in a mid tower). Today I was browsing the net on my PS3 on the forums and it hit me! What if I can use the XIM2 through my PS3 instead of a laptop or destop! That would be great. But only 1 problem: the OS. But I found out that you can put new OS's on your ps3. The best OS is yellow dog linux(mostly made for it). This is great for PS3 PC, but I dont know if the XIM2 people will make the software for XIM2 linux capable. So then I found windows XP on the PS3. But here it runs slow and weird as heck, and I can destroy my PS3 if I mess up, and I need to mod it(so no). Then I found windows 2000/98! This runs about perfectly and most likely the software for the XIM2 works with it(maybe?). So that means I can take the PC out of the XIM2 part. For me its great, because now I dont need to take my laptop everywhere I want to play. Although, all my laptops are smaller than my PS3 bundle. So what do you guys think?

P.S: I really wish I had an XIM right now for BF:BC. I have to use a universal setting for my XFPS for all my games(which sort of works), but it sucks for Battlefeild bad company.

Whats your gamertag sir nub, we can jump on BC and squad up.
The present is a gift..

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:47 AM - 06/27/08 »

I did see some threads saying that later versions of xim2 could run without a pc? would be interested if any one can confirm that and explain how that is going to work.

This is how it works currently: It doesn't :)

There is discussion on this along with other ideas, improvements etc etc. This is an ever evolving technology platform so anything is possible.

Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline xSir Nubx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:10 AM - 06/27/08 »
Hey abs0lut my tag is exactly like my name: xSIR NUBx

Also, I see some possibility in this. BTW: I can bearly play BF:BC because I have no XIM, the game has one of the worst deadzones, and I have to use a universal setting for all my games(since I have to turn wheels which are never exact). But we can still play, I can still aim with it, just not well up and down.