XIM Community

1000hz Question  (Read 661 times)

Offline JuanDeage

• View Profile
1000hz Question
« on: 07:54 AM - 03/11/18 »
I have the Logitech G502 at 1000hz at 12,000 DPI, and the XIM Apex at 1000hz. Sens 80 HIP and ADS.

With 0 smoothing. The cursor jumps all over the screen when moving in any direction in WW2.

I put smoothing to 7 and it gets rid of MOST of it but it still does it from time to time.

So I put the Logitech G502 at 1000hz at 3200 DPI, and Sens 200 HIP and ADS but the jitter is exactly the same. 0 smoothing the cursor just jumps all over the place when moved in any direction. 7 smoothing fixes it.

What I do not understand is why that is? I thought that because the DPI was so high that was causing the jitter. But even at 3200 DPI the jitter is outrageous. And smoothing seems to mess up quite a bit with micro movements. Like I will move very slightly right and it will jump left a split second and then right again. I just want to understand it better and see if there is anything I can do on my end to make it better. I guess I should start experimenting with lower hz.

For instance on PC on 3200 DPI and 1000hz. There is no jumping cursor at all. And what I mean by jumping is that the crosshair will when moving right jump up and left and down and then right on the Apex. But on PC it's so smooth and never changed direction like on the Apex.

Offline Silentblack

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Silentblack00
Re: 1000hz Question
« Reply #1 on: 08:33 AM - 03/11/18 »
For instance on PC on 3200 DPI and 1000hz.
don't compare them.

From what I read its the 1000hz causing the problems not the DPI.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #2 on: 10:36 AM - 03/11/18 »
1000Hz is a high-DPI feature only. The higher the XIM sensitivity, the higher the chance you'll feel jitter because sensitivity is a multiplication factor. You should use your mouse at maximum DPI so that you can use a reduced XIM sensitivity.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline JuanDeage

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:59 PM - 03/11/18 »
1000Hz is a high-DPI feature only. The higher the XIM sensitivity, the higher the chance you'll feel jitter because sensitivity is a multiplication factor. You should use your mouse at maximum DPI so that you can use a reduced XIM sensitivity.

Ok, thank you. I will use max DPI.