XIM Community

Moving the mouse fast leads to less sensitivity  (Read 1666 times)

Offline grimidev

• View Profile
Moving the mouse fast leads to less sensitivity
« on: 05:45 AM - 03/11/18 »
I mean, if I move the mouse slowly from the left edge to the right edge of the mat the aim turn for 450 degrees, instead, if I try to repeat the same movement but fast, then the aim turns for just 360 degrees.. Do you experience the same issue?

Offline NesQuik

• View Profile
Re: Moving the mouse fast leads to less sensitivity
« Reply #1 on: 05:54 AM - 03/11/18 »
You should provide us with way more info if you want a solution. Apex polling rate, game you playing, mouse, mouse polling rate and so on

Offline roy3805

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: uljt-
« Reply #2 on: 06:05 AM - 03/11/18 »
Itís the game mechanics not handling 1000hz well..I have the same problem sometimes in critical gunfights.. twitch movements

Offline grimidev

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:30 AM - 03/11/18 »
You should provide us with way more info if you want a solution. Apex polling rate, game you playing, mouse, mouse polling rate and so on
Logitech g502, 1000Hz polling rate for both apex and mouse, 12000dpi, rainbow six siege, in-game sensitivity 10 for both horizontal and vertical, sensitivity 80 on apex, etc.. but the question was: do you experience a similar issue (regardless the game, the setup, etc..)?

Offline grimidev

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:30 AM - 03/11/18 »
Itís the game mechanics not handling 1000hz well..I have the same problem sometimes in critical gunfights.. twitch movements
Do you think it's better to try a lower polling rate?

Offline MrBrutalFrosty

• MVP
  • Australian Youtuber 1.7k Subs All Things FPS COD
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: MrBrutalFrosty
  • PSN ID: Mr_Brutal_Frosty Youtube: MrBrutalFrosty
« Reply #5 on: 07:03 AM - 03/11/18 »
every game has a max turn cap when you move it slow it will not intefer but if you move it fast from one side to the other and the xim is flashing it will result in lost movment as you are hitting the turn cap

Offline NesQuik

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:14 AM - 03/11/18 »
Setup is very important to know. Did you do any mousepad tuning in the logitech software? I have the same nouse and i did thinking it will improve the traction but it did otherwise so i went back with the default. I cant comment much on r6 as i didnt play it yet with the apex but i dropped my apex polling rate to 500hz and removed all smoothing. It feels much better now but im still tweaking and testing the settings but you should give it a try. Smoothing makes the aim feel weird for me but at 1000hz the jitter is too strong too handle without any smoothing.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:27 AM - 03/11/18 »
About your turning issue, console games have a maximum speed that they allow you to turn. This max turn speed will vary between games and is a limit set by the game developer. XIM flashes red lights when you've reached the turn speed limit. If you continue moving faster than what the game allows then that movement is ignored and you may see less movement as a result. By either lowering your sensitivity or moving your mouse slower to stay under or ride the turn speed limit should result in more onscreen movement.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline grimidev

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:05 PM - 03/11/18 »
Setup is very important to know. Did you do any mousepad tuning in the logitech software? I have the same nouse and i did thinking it will improve the traction but it did otherwise so i went back with the default. I cant comment much on r6 as i didnt play it yet with the apex but i dropped my apex polling rate to 500hz and removed all smoothing. It feels much better now but im still tweaking and testing the settings but you should give it a try. Smoothing makes the aim feel weird for me but at 1000hz the jitter is too strong too handle without any smoothing.
Now, I dropped to 500Hz and removed the smoothing too

every game has a max turn cap when you move it slow it will not interfere but if you move it fast from one side to the other and the xim is flashing it will result in lost movement as you are hitting the turn cap

About your turning issue, console games have a maximum speed that they allow you to turn. This max turn speed will vary between games and is a limit set by the game developer. XIM flashes red lights when you've reached the turn speed limit. If you continue moving faster than what the game allows then that movement is ignored and you may see less movement as a result. By either lowering your sensitivity or moving your mouse slower to stay under or ride the turn speed limit should result in more onscreen movement.

Thank you so much!

Admin