XIM Community

Fortnite | One button building  (Read 37923 times)

Offline kevinresillas

• View Profile
Re: Fortnite | One button building
« Reply #165 on: 08:37 PM - 04/11/18 »
ocz,

No problem dude, those videos are demos, I had less than an hour playing the game. Those were full automatic one button build macros: press stair-macro and a stair is built and place, go back to gun, press again stair macro to place another one or a different piece.

Pressing one specific key to get a specific piece is the easiest to learn and build, but for auto-macros one piece build the drawback is not as fluent. I share these macros for new players, people that want to try the game, making building easier before to really get into and expend more $ on it, is only an affordable alternative.

I have T2, and I use a Mark's script shared by redacted here. I did some additional mods to fit more to my taste (double pump and tuned ADS-Headshot) XIM APEX is doing the translation directly from the mouse, T2 is enhancing Orbweaver with scripts.

Back to the macro subject,

I was using the Semi-automatic Macros at the beginning and got used to it. I can't say the Script is 100% better, maybe 50%.

Whatís the difference between using macros and using scripts? Iím currently using macros right now and they work pretty well but if using scripts offers a more advantage then Iíd love to hear about it :)

I will do my best to explain. Here we go:

Scenario: you have your Rifle up, want to build 4 walls and one stair inside (the basic cube-stair) then you are on top of the stairs and with your gun ready.

Script:
Press wall-macro (a wall will be place),
Hold down R2 to place 3 more,
Then press stair-macro (a stair will be place),
Press build button (out of build mode) to get back to your gun.

Semi-Auto Macros:
Press wall-macro (a wild wall will be place)
Hold down R2 to place 3 more, **yup does same as script
Then press Build Button, follow by pressing stair macro (a stair will be place),
Press build button (out of build mode) to get back to your gun.

As you can see, on the Semi-Automatic Macros the diference is everytime you want to place a different piece, you need to get out of build mode and then press the macro of the other piece. We called "track resetting", script does for you.

And that's why Scripts are more efficient, I give it a 50% better. 100% better will be exactly as PC (no need of toggle build mode).

That difference/improvement (pressing one button, between different pieces) worth £10 or T2?
- up to you.

If you playing casual no as invested in the game... I don't think so. Besides, if you already have the mouse (like many XIMers), why not try macros?.

Don't get me wrong Titan Two is Awesome Device unleash a lot of potential in your gaming experience, you should get it just for that. Highly recommended.

XIM link is a affordable alternative but no as practical like Stylesb111 saids, not everyone plays beside their PC, doesn't work for me... the noise of my rig and not mention the electricity bill.

Finally,

I want to mention Auto Macros Behavior on the same scenario:

Press wall-macro (a wall will be place),
Press 3 times wall-macro to place 3 walls.
Then press stair-macro (a stair will be place),
Done.

It sounds more convenient, getting back to your gun every time is what does building slower, suitable for starters, but I will say semi or script (hands down) are better options for more experience players.

At the end, choose what ever works better for you ;-)

Thanks for the reply :)
I have my Titan two but the scripting is where I get lost. I saw a forum on here called xim apex and Titan two one button building and it contains the script for Titan two. But I have a lot of questions as to how to get script functioning and what to do if I want to use different keys opposed to the keys in the script

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 09:23 PM - 04/11/18 »
Quote from: kevinresillas
I have my Titan two but the scripting is where I get lost. I saw a forum on here called xim apex and Titan two one button building and it contains the script for Titan two. But I have a lot of questions as to how to get script functioning and what to do if I want to use different keys opposed to the keys in the script

Awesome dude, congrats on your buy.

Well, that was a paragraph I remove from my other post on macros being very straight forward and easy to set up. On the other hand T2 and XIM Link, are for advanced users, people with basic understanding on modular programming (C language) and patience can get the most of it.

Even though the guys that wrote and share the scripts are pretty awesome and the code is very clean, I can see they got tired of answering the same questions over and over (I don't blame them) from people without knowledge or some fellas want everything working 100% at the first try.

Titan Two offers 1 game pack for Fortnite Battle Royal, it has a build script. I think that will be the easiest to set up. Just open Gtuner, Search for the gamepack on Online Resources, drag and drop on the memory slot.
To setup, connect:
Mouse, KB, Control to XIM Hub,
XIM Hub to XIM Apex
XIM Apex to Input A in T2
T2 to Console

The bad news the gamepack build scritps are awful you will do way better with macros.

The Best Script (referred on this thread) is the one wrote by Mark8010

You can find it here: https://www.consoletuner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7897&start=170#p60548. That script is the most complete, uses mouse and keyboard or Sony Nav scripts are running on both.
To setup, connect:
M&KB on T2,
T2 to Xim hub,
XIM hub (a side with controller) to XIM Apex,
XIM Apex to console

Mark wrote a simplify version for redacted he was very nice to share on a great video tutorial:
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=62973.0 On this version the scripts are running only on the G502 mouse.
To setup, connect:
Mouse to input A in T2,
T2 to XIM hub (a side with keyboard, controller),
XIM hub to Xim Apex,
XIM Apex to console.
You may need a mouse with plenty buttons to run the macros from there.

At the end I shared my adaptation where scripts are running on the Orbweaver (or any keyboard, for that matter) allowing to use any mouse you want and XIM APEX doing mouse translation directly, not passing through T2.
To setup, connect:
Keyboard to input A in T2,
T2 to XIM hub (a side with mouse, controller),
XIM hub to Xim Apex,
XIM Apex to console.
« Last Edit: 09:34 PM - 04/11/18 by alanmcgregor »

Offline kevinresillas

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 09:40 PM - 04/11/18 »
Quote from: kevinresillas

Awesome dude, congrats on your buy.

Well, that was a paragraph I remove from my other post on macros being very straight forward and easy to set up. On the other hand T2 and XIM Link, are for advanced users, people with basic understanding on modular programming (C language) and patience can get the most of it.

Even though the guys that wrote and share the scripts are pretty awesome and the code is very clean, I can see they got tired of answering the same questions over and over (I don't blame them) from people without knowledge or some fellas want everything working 100% at the first try.

Titan Two offers 1 game pack for Fortnite Battle Royal, it has a build script. I think that will be the easiest to set up. Just open Gtuner, Search for the gamepack on Online Resources, drag and drop on the memory slot.
To setup, connect:
Mouse, KB, Control to XIM Hub,
XIM Hub to XIM Apex
XIM Apex to Input A in T2
T2 to Console

The bad news the gamepack build scritps are awful you will do way better with macros.

The Best Script (referred on this thread) is the one wrote by Mark8010

You can find it here: https://www.consoletuner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7897&start=170#p60548. That script is the most complete, uses mouse and keyboard or Sony Nav scripts are running on both.
To setup, connect:
M&KB on T2,
T2 to Xim hub,
XIM hub (a side with controller) to XIM Apex,
XIM Apex to console

Mark wrote a simplify version for redacted he was very nice to share on a great video tutorial:
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=62973.0 On this version the scripts are running only on the G502 mouse.
To setup, connect:
Mouse to input A in T2,
T2 to XIM hub (a side with keyboard, controller),
XIM hub to Xim Apex,
XIM Apex to console.
You may need a mouse with plenty buttons to run the macros from there.

At the end I shared my adaptation where scripts are running on the Orbweaver (or any keyboard, for that matter) allowing to use any mouse you want and XIM APEX doing mouse translation directly, not passing through T2.
To setup, connect:
Keyboard to input A in T2,
T2 to XIM hub (a side with mouse, controller),
XIM hub to Xim Apex,
XIM Apex to console.

Okay sick!! Iím actually getting my g502 tomorrow so Iím hyped to get the script up and running!! Quick question though, do I have to use all the keys that are already set in the script or can I change the keys to my liking i.e like the build button and swapping guns/next build keys?
How would I be able to change these keys if possible?

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 09:58 PM - 04/11/18 »
You can change the keys to your liking by changing the code -that is easier to said than done, you need to configure 2 things more.

Assuming you're going to do it following redacted video tutorial, you can change or choose on which mouse buttons will be your macros for wall, stair and floor. Switching weapons mouse needs to be set for switching weapons by using the mouse wheel (so the script can work) but you can bind a secondary keys (on your keyboard) with XIM Apex Manager if you don-t like to use the mouse wheel to move between weapon slots or items

Now if you are asking for a direct weapon/item slot selection, that's not possible with the script or any method.

Offline kevinresillas

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 12:00 AM - 04/12/18 »
You can change the keys to your liking by changing the code -that is easier to said than done, you need to configure 2 things more.

Assuming you're going to do it following redacted video tutorial, you can change or choose on which mouse buttons will be your macros for wall, stair and floor. Switching weapons mouse needs to be set for switching weapons by using the mouse wheel (so the script can work) but you can bind a secondary keys (on your keyboard) with XIM Apex Manager if you don-t like to use the mouse wheel to move between weapon slots or items

Now if you are asking for a direct weapon/item slot selection, that's not possible with the script or any method.

Last question man thanks so much for responding BTW.
Will the script be different if I play on Xbox one?
When I paste the script into my Titan two will I need to change anything from the script in order to get it functioning properly on my Xbox one?
Reason Iím asking is because i dont know if the script is preset with PS4 buttons or Xbox buttons

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 12:55 AM - 04/12/18 »
Script should be working fine with your XBox One, is not preset for PS4.
« Last Edit: 01:00 AM - 04/12/18 by alanmcgregor »

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 03:18 AM - 04/12/18 »
Script should be working fine with your XBox One, is not preset for PS4.

I think everyone should just return their Titan 2/1 devices while they can as theyíve added native one  button building.

If youíre using devices such as Titan 2 for scripts such as rapid fire and auto aim then thatís probably why controller players complain about the Xim, with this new aditinto he game thereís less complaining
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 09:30 AM - 04/12/18 »
I think everyone should just return their Titan 2/1 devices while they can as theyíve added native one  button building.

Nah, new scripts using the new Pro Builder mode as foundation will be even faster and easier.

People will always complain.

Offline Umby18

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 09:55 AM - 04/12/18 »

Nah, new scripts using the new Pro Builder mode as foundation will be even faster and easier.

People will always complain.
So will previously published redact/Mark 1 click build script have to be changed now becuase of Pro Builder of can it still be used?

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 10:18 AM - 04/12/18 »
Can still used, just set to Combat Pro layout, if is still there. I don't know, can't launch the game since yesterday.

Offline kevinresillas

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 11:00 PM - 04/12/18 »
Hi Alan quick question, Iím following the steps of redacted but I get stuck in with the output panel telling me that Iím missing the light k file
So I downloaded the light k panel
But can you tell me step by step how I download to the file with my fortnite script. Iím confused on how to do that
Because I downloaded it and it opened up next to my script but when I went to press compile, it gave me the same ďmissing light k fileĒ message.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 02:03 AM - 04/13/18 »
If you already download the light_k file, you need to save it in the same folder where is save your script (GPC file) on your PC.

No need to open it on GTuner.

Offline Guilherme

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: N y z d e N
  • PSN ID: NyzdeN
« Reply #177 on: 09:24 PM - 03/04/19 »
Hi guys! I would like to take advantage of the topic to ask for help regarding a mechanical keyboard that accepts macro on all the keys (Q, I, F1, 5 ... etc) + onboarding.

I'm looking at the Corsair K66 model.
Besides which would be a great investment?

Thank you

Admin