XIM Community

Fortnite | One button building  (Read 37871 times)

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Fortnite | One button building
« Reply #105 on: 12:28 AM - 03/15/18 »
Nice. Thinking of buying a titan 2 but I heard it doesnt work well with Apex currently.

Yeah they need to fix the polling rate communication, I think they will do. I don't know if a firmware can fix it, it think it can but if dont... better wait for a new Titan Two S? lol ;)

I will wait, until is 100% compatible in 1KHz polling rate, no big input lag drawback.
« Last Edit: 12:33 AM - 03/15/18 by alanmcgregor »

Offline Umby18

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 12:58 PM - 03/15/18 »
Alan, quick question. I am going to try and create macros on my G502 as you described. I havent read all your details yet, but before I do I have a conceptual question.

Lets say I want to record a macro on a side button on my G502, and that macro will entail the equivalent of 4 actions on my XBOX controller (go to build mode (b), scroll to building piece (rb) , execute build (rt), exit build mode (b)).

Now lets say I have 3 of those 4 controller actions keybinded to my keyboard (got to build, scroll to building piece and exit build) and 1 of those 3 controller actions keybinded to my mouse (execute build).

When I record the macro on my mouse side button, the macro can include both keyboard and mouse actions? When I run the macro, the macro will interact with the keyboard to execute the macro?

Offline geekdll

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 01:11 PM - 03/15/18 »
Alan, quick question. I am going to try and create macros on my G502 as you described. I havent read all your details yet, but before I do I have a conceptual question.

Lets say I want to record a macro on a side button on my G502, and that macro will entail the equivalent of 4 actions on my XBOX controller (go to build mode (b), scroll to building piece (rb) , execute build (rt), exit build mode (b)).

Now lets say I have 3 of those 4 controller actions keybinded to my keyboard (got to build, scroll to building piece and exit build) and 1 of those 3 controller actions keybinded to my mouse (execute build).

When I record the macro on my mouse side button, the macro can include both keyboard and mouse actions? When I run the macro, the macro will interact with the keyboard to execute the macro?

The macro from your mouse is sent to your XIM when its plugged into the XIM. Its sending the commands to your XIM to execute. So those key commands have to be set as key bindings in what ever XIM profile your running.
XIM Apex
Razer Tartarus
Logitech G502 PROTEUS
Mixamp TR + Sennheiser PC 360
PS4
Netduma

Offline Umby18

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 01:42 PM - 03/15/18 »
Thanks geekdll. One more question. Do I record the macro while the mouse and keyboard are plugged into zim?

Offline geekdll

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 01:58 PM - 03/15/18 »
Thanks geekdll. One more question. Do I record the macro while the mouse and keyboard are plugged into zim?

You need to use the Logitech Software on your computer while the mouse is plugged in to record the macros. They will end up saved on the mouses memory. 
XIM Apex
Razer Tartarus
Logitech G502 PROTEUS
Mixamp TR + Sennheiser PC 360
PS4
Netduma

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 02:26 PM - 03/15/18 »
Yep, exactly as geekdll explained.

Be sure you have selected the slider to On-Board Memory on the Logitech Gaming Software.

Things that you can't do in the Logitech Mice Macro Editor for onboard-memory:
* Record mouse Left/Right Clicks
* Record mouse movement (X, Y axis)
* Create Macros with multiple Repeat options, like: Repeat a macro while pressing down a button, Toggle Repeat, Repeat X number of times.

Offline ReQuiem222

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 03:02 PM - 03/15/18 »
the problem with this macro is you cannot switch between buildings while your building menu is active
you will always have to close down the building menu in order to get the most out of your script

with a titan two or xim link and autohotkey you can write more complex scripts that will also allow you to switch between buildings with a single click
(theres a way to achieve this with a logitech mouse too but it will always make switch your active weapon to the pickaxe which is kinda annoying in combat)

Xim Link? o_O
PS4 Pro - XIM Apex - Titan Two - Logitech G Pro Wireless - Logitech G440 - Roccat Sova - Playstation Platinum Headset - Nubert Surround 7.2

Offline clarityy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: bactocill
« Reply #112 on: 06:04 PM - 03/15/18 »
Woah you guys have come far for this, I knew about being able to macro with the g502 which I had done originally but you guys took this to the next level! It's such a shame nobody has come out with a flash software for the Logitec mice to allow scripting on onboard memory, but it's definitely possible because with game specific profiles you can set scripts up in that, it's just a huge shame that when it's plugged into the xim it doesn't transfer over because the script is saved on the computer not the mouse itself☹️ if I find anything on an actual firmware flash then it could be a huge game changer! Itd remove the need of needing to use macros, going to do some research to see if the razer black widow has onboard memory for scripting because if it does then boys we are set and we will have no need to spend money on the titan 2! Going to have a look either tonight or tomorrow to see what I can dig up, could be worth while investing in a mouse that saves onboard scripts if there is one😱

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 06:23 PM - 03/15/18 »
Razer's keyboards, and DA Elite mice and older models doesn't have onboard memory. Only new models like Lancehead and Basilisk offers onboard memory.

Offline Lepec93

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 06:43 PM - 03/15/18 »
Or you could just plug your keybaord directly into the Xbox for F1-5 functions and 1-5 weapon swaps. Just need to assign sprint and crouch to mouse.
Amat Victoria Curam

Offline clarityy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: bactocill
« Reply #115 on: 06:49 PM - 03/15/18 »
AHH that sucks, ah well. Looks like waiting for the link to come for true scripting then, shame I won't be able to use the link due to belink transfer cable being the only one that's compatible with it because they're unavailable now.. if they worked with usb 3.0 transfer cables I'd be fine but it doesn't seem like they will☹️ oh.. by the way, I remember when I did my first macro for fortnite with no delay, sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't.. I wonder you know if we can set a secondary build key on the be ST.. so here's what I'm thinking (possibly could work) who knows..

I have my 'Q' binded to build.
Say I set my secondary bind to 'L'

When I first tried it out it worked amazing for getting out of the build mode but never to get into it with no delay.

So.. 'L' with maybe 10ms delay to get out of build mode should be fine getting out..

Say setting the script up would be for quick stairs from weapon

QUICK STAIRS BIND

'L' pressed down 10ms delay up 0ms

'Q' pressed down 30-35ms delay up 0ms

Right down 30ms delay right up 0 delay then again Right down 30ms delay right up 0ms delay.

Then again for walls, but just with the Q and L no need for arrow keys..

Sure, we would have to exit build mode manually when we are done building but if this theory does work we potentially have a 1button build mode with neither link or titan 2.. I'd have a play and try to get it working but I'm away from home so I can't access the Logitech gaming profile, I'm back home tomorrow though so I'll have a look into it if nobody else has already.

Offline redacted

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 10:01 PM - 03/15/18 »
Just posted a new gameplay video in the XIM Community Gameplay thread showcasing my Titan Two script in action. I still look forward to making a full blown how-to video this weekend. Enjoy!

Also, lol @ all the people saying the Apex and T2 aren't compatible. I run at 500hz with zero input lag - the human eye literally can't tell the difference between 500hz and 1000hz. Placebo effect, etc. If you want a T2, get one. If you don't, don't :)
« Last Edit: 10:18 PM - 03/15/18 by redacted »

Offline Caper_YT

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: NoobSayIHack
« Reply #117 on: 10:19 PM - 03/15/18 »
Just posted a new gameplay video in the XIM Community Gameplay thread showcasing my Titan Two script in action. I still look forward to making a full blown how-to video this weekend. Enjoy!

Also, lol @ all the people saying the Apex and T2 aren't compatible. I run at 500hz with zero input lag - the human eye literally can't tell the difference between 500hz and 1000hz. Placebo effect, etc. If you want a T2, get one. If you don't, don't :)
what are your settings? xim sens?

Offline redacted

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 10:20 PM - 03/15/18 »

All of that in the tutorial video this weekend :D

Offline Caper_YT

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: NoobSayIHack
« Reply #119 on: 10:41 PM - 03/15/18 »

All of that in the tutorial video this weekend :D
NICEEE!! Im going to buy the titan 2 right now. thanks

Admin