XIM Community

Fortnite | One button building  (Read 37951 times)

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Fortnite | One button building
« Reply #90 on: 03:36 PM - 03/14/18 »
All right, I got it.

Now they are fully automatic or semi.

Automatic:
Scenarios
  • You have your gun, press StairsMacro, a stair will pop up and you are back inmediately to your gun.
  • You press StairsMacro, a stairs pop up, press again new stairs pop up, press StairsMacro again new stairs pop op and you are back to your gun.
  • You have your gun, press WallMacro, a wall pop up and you are back immediately to your gun, you press StairsMacro a stairs pop up, and you are back immediately to your gun between each item you built.
Semi-Automatic:

Scenarios:

• You have your gun, press StairsMacro a stairs will pop up and you stay on [Build mode], with stairs selected... if you press R2 a new stairs will be built (Turbo Build feature). Press Build button to get back to your gun
  • You have your gun, press StairsMacro a stairs will pop up, if you press StairsMacro you get back to your gun
  • You have your gun, press StairsMacro a stairs will pop up, if you press WallMacro you get back to your gun, press WallMacro again and a Wall will pop up, you stay at [Build mode]

On both schemes if you want to use your pickaxe you need to hold Triangle, that's why Quick Builder layout is required. By just tapping triangle you switch weapons or energy boost.

Quote from: geekdll
Im not sure why that would be. I been using my G502 with your Macros 1.0 and they work fine. Not sure why these 2.0 wouldn't work
You must be using time delays between each key press (the right way for Logitech macros ), I'm guessing.

UPDATE, yeah I think I nailed it with the automatic... I don't know if is the PC behavior but is so easy and fast and you are ready for combat at all time.

You press a macro, a piece will pop up automatically and you are back at your gun, press a macro for a different piece it will pop up and you are back to your gun, you need your pickaxe? hold Triangle.
« Last Edit: 04:12 PM - 03/14/18 by alanmcgregor »

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 04:14 PM - 03/14/18 »
Is this what you guys want?

VIDEO: https://streamable.com/1qmp4

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 04:33 PM - 03/14/18 »
Yup, I'm pull them tight... I notice the pyramid is built is kind of slow.

Offline geekdll

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 04:34 PM - 03/14/18 »
Yup, I'm pull them tight... I notice the pyramid is built is kind of slow.

Your Auto Macros look good but since they switch back to your weapon everytime does that slow building down in game? Could you post some screen shots of these Auto Macros using your Logitech? I will try them and provide feedback
XIM Apex
Razer Tartarus
Logitech G502 PROTEUS
Mixamp TR + Sennheiser PC 360
PS4
Netduma

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 04:42 PM - 03/14/18 »
Sure man, yeah... that's why I'm tight them up (to do the building as fast as possible) but without breaking it, because server lag can mess up the input, malfunctioning the macro.

UPDATE: Building is not slow. I'm going to post the macros in a bit.
« Last Edit: 04:55 PM - 03/14/18 by alanmcgregor »

Offline KonL

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: KonLegend
« Reply #95 on: 05:07 PM - 03/14/18 »
I just set 2 mouse buttons to-

Build-mouse click-build, to get me a fast wall.
Build-right arrow-right arrow-mouse click-build, to get me a fast stair and return to weapon.

Set key "E" since it is close to WASD to enter manual build mode if I need to get creative.  Gonna try it out and see if it suits me

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 05:48 PM - 03/14/18 »
Fortnite Fast Build Macros 2.0. -AUTOMATIC-

DEMO: https://streamable.com/uuc9z

First step. Go to settings and be sure Reset Build Choice is ON and Turbo Build is ON

Controller Layout to Quick Builder.

(PS4)
Build = E
L1 = Left Arrow
R1 = Right Arrow
R2 = V Secondary binding on XIM Manager

On XIM Manager at your Fortnite BR ST profile assign a Secondary R2 binding to an unused key on your keyboard (PE: letter V). Now you can use these macros. More details at the end.

Macros.

Build Wall Macro

Build Stairs Macro

Build Floor/Roof Macro

Build Pyramid Macro

How it works:

These macros build individual pieces automatically and every time you built one piece, you switch back to your primary gun inmediately.

HOW TO SET Secondary binding for R2 on Logitech Mice
Make sure you Enabled Expert Configuration on your XIM Apex Manager. Open your App, go to GLOBAL Settings and enabled it. Then go back, load your regular Fortnite BR ST... and under the buttons you will see a three dots: ... tapped and a Primary and > slider will pop up, tapped > to Secondary and now you have a new set of buttons to binding a different key, is there where you go to the R2 and bind letter V like the example.

« Last Edit: 07:22 PM - 03/14/18 by alanmcgregor »

Offline Mongoose87

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 06:33 PM - 03/14/18 »
Been trying to think of a way to switch between the build types cleanly whilst already in build mode. Was going to give this a go and see if it feels too clumsy or not. It requires entering build mode first before doing anything. Also requires reset build option on. The method relies on the macros quickly exiting build mode and entering it again. It’s unfortunate that a macro can’t be done to work regardless of whether already in build mode or not.

In game use:
Wall = press build button (if in build mode already with a different piece selected eg. stairs, press build button twice. This will basically exit build mode and bring you back in at default wall mode)
Stairs = in build mode > macro A
Floor = in build mode > macro B
Pyramid = in build mode > macro C

Macros: just a basic summary
Stairs (macro A) = build > build > right > right
Floor (macro B) = build > build > right
Pyramid (macro C) = build > build > left

Personally I am going to try setting the stairs and floor macro on the forward and back buttons on my g502. Put the pyramid macro somewhere, but it’s rarely needed. I will use scroll wheel for weapons.

Might even look at the option of setting a macro for wall which is simply “build button > build button”. This could allow me to set wall and stairs on mouse forward/back buttons. Might be smoother not having to double tap build button to get back to wall. I could then build a tower by simply entering build mode and switching between wall and stairs using forward/back.

Edit:
The only way I can think of is using pickaxe in the macro so the macro will work no matter whether you are in build mode with any piece selected, or with weapon out. This would be the macro for stairs... “pickaxe > build mode > right > right”. Only problem is you will always have pickaxe out when leave build mode which isn’t ideal when ramp rushing etc.
« Last Edit: 11:09 PM - 03/14/18 by Mongoose87 »

Offline geekdll

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 07:40 PM - 03/14/18 »
Fortnite Fast Build Macros 2.0. -AUTOMATIC-

First step. Go to settings and be sure Reset Build Choice is ON and Turbo Build is ON

(PS4)
Build = E
L1 = Left Arrow
R1 = Right Arrow

On XIM Manager at your Fortnite BR ST profile assign a Secondary R2 binding to an unused key on your keyboard (PE: letter V). Now you can use these macros. More details at the end.

Macros.

Build Wall Macro

Build Stairs Macro

Build Floor/Roof Macro

Build Pyramid Macro

How it works:

These macros build individual pieces automatically and every time you built one piece, you switch back to your primary gun inmediately.

Make sure you Enabled Expert Configuration on your XIM Apex Manager. Open your App, go to GLOBAL Settings and enabled it. Then go back, load your regular Fortnite BR ST... and under the buttons you will see a three dots: ... tapped and a Primary and > slider will pop up, tapped > to Secondary and now you have a new set of buttons to binding a different key, is there where you go to the R2 and bind letter V like the example.

I just tried these and the only thing I notice for example when trying to build multiple stairs as you run up them at some point it slow you down. But I guess I can always build manually for thinks like that.
XIM Apex
Razer Tartarus
Logitech G502 PROTEUS
PS4
Netduma

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 07:59 PM - 03/14/18 »
Yup, I agree with you, I'm actually advocate of the Semi-Automatic Macros (I'm going to posted in a bit), even though need input from you, I feel it give me more control. With practice it became second nature.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 08:21 PM - 03/14/18 »
Fortnite Fast Build Macros 2.0. *SEMI-AUTOMATIC*

(PS4)
Build = E
L1 = Left Arrow
R1 = Right Arrow

Macros.

Build Wall Macro

Build Stairs Macro

Build Floor/Roof Macro

Build Pyramid Macro

How it works:

These macros build a piece automatically it will pop up, then you can, either:
  • Build more pieces of the same type by pressing and holding down R2 button, or...
  • Use your L1 or R1 bind keys to switch to a different piece, or...
  • Press Build button to switch back to your gun, or
  • Press Build button and then a different Macro button to build a different piece

« Last Edit: 08:49 PM - 03/14/18 by alanmcgregor »

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 08:30 PM - 03/14/18 »
Personally, I think I will use BuildStairs, BuildFloor and Build Pyramid on SEMI-AUTOMATIC MACRO, and Wall in full Automatic (for panic situations, when I need cover as fast as possible).

Well I guess I have to play more, to know for sure which ones suited better for me, as all of you.

;)

The only think it could work better than these macros it will be a script, where you can get a false or true value depending where you are at the building list so you can build the next piece, but I don't have my titan anymore (I sold it).
« Last Edit: 10:51 PM - 03/14/18 by alanmcgregor »

Offline geekdll

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 11:59 PM - 03/14/18 »
Personally, I think I will use BuildStairs, BuildFloor and Build Pyramid on SEMI-AUTOMATIC MACRO, and Wall in full Automatic (for panic situations, when I need cover as fast as possible).

Well I guess I have to play more, to know for sure which ones suited better for me, as all of you.

;)

The only think it could work better than these macros it will be a script, where you can get a false or true value depending where you are at the building list so you can build the next piece, but I don't have my titan anymore (I sold it).

So you think with a titan 2 and its ability to script could do much better? Or just marginally? I ask because you say you had one.
XIM Apex
Razer Tartarus
Logitech G502 PROTEUS
PS4
Netduma

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 12:21 AM - 03/15/18 »
Well let me put it this way...

I will came up with an algorithm/script/routine where:

When you press BuildStairs Button a stair will pop up, then if you press R2 create more stairs. But then if you want a wall you press BuildWall Button and the script will pop up a wall, and stay on wall highlighted, then you want a Pyramid, press BuildPyramid Button and the script will pop up a Pyramid, want a floor, press BuildFloor Button and a Floor will be built, press Build mode to exit, switch back to the gun.

That could be possible if I had a way to evalue "where I am at" (an index counter initialized with a value depend which button I pressed, lol done!), if I'm at BuildStairs array and want a Wall that means that my script will press L1, L1 and R2, then I want a Pyramid... my script find out where I am, in this case it will be at Wall, so my script will press R1, R1, R2 to select pyramid and built, and etc if I press build at any moment I got out of build mode and back to my gun.

Yes, have a major on computer programming, C++, JavaScript are my stronger language. (kind of rusty though)

I had a bad experience with Titan One, however at that time I was focusing on M&KB adapter, then I try XIM4 and the rest was history. I sell my Titan One to get some extra cash to pay XIM4, cost me X2.5 its price due duties and taxes.

Getting the Titan Two for a flexible programming, pay about 200 usd I don't think is worth it. I really doubt ConsoleTuner donate one LOL.

The difference will be marginal.
« Last Edit: 12:37 AM - 03/15/18 by alanmcgregor »

Offline geekdll

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 12:26 AM - 03/15/18 »
Well let me put it this way...

I will came up with an algorithm where:

When you press BuildStairs Button a stair will pop up, then if you press R2 create more stairs. But then if you want a wall you press BuildWall Button and the script will pop up a wall, and stay on wall highlighted, then you want a Pyramid, press BuildPyramid Button and the script will pop up a Pyramid, want a floor, press BuildFloor Button and a Floor will be built, press Build mode to exit, switch back to the gun.

That could be possible if I had a way to evalue "where I am at", if I'm at BuildStairs array and want a Wall that means that my script will press L1, L1 and R2, then I want a Pyramid... my script find out where I am, in this case it will be at Wall, so my script will press R1, R1, R2 to select pyramid and built, and etc if I press build at any moment I got out of build mode and back to my gun.

Yes, have a major on computer programming, C++, JavaScripts are my stronger language. (kind of rusty though)

I had experience with Titan One, however at that time I was focusing on M&KB adapter, then I try XIM4 and the rest was history. I sell my Titan One to get some extra cash to pay XIM4, cost me X2.5 its price due duties and taxes.

Nice. Thinking of buying a titan 2 but I heard it doesnt work well with Apex currently.
XIM Apex
Razer Tartarus
Logitech G502 PROTEUS
PS4
Netduma