XIM Community

Fortnite | One button building  (Read 39404 times)

Offline Caper_YT

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: NoobSayIHack
Re: Fortnite | One button building
« Reply #60 on: 09:35 AM - 03/14/18 »
Alright boys and girls, after messing about with both methods for One Click Building  (on-board macros vs. Titan Two script) I have come to the conclusion that the T2 method is much more efficient. That being said, both methods work solid and if someone has a mouse with on-board memory and the ability to do macros but cannot/will not pay $100 for another device, by all means that method works pretty @#$% good.

I was thinking of doing either a write-up tutorial or a video tutorial on how to set-up and configure both methods with live demonstrations of each in action. Would like to know the community's thoughts on this before I put in the time to do it. Cheers!
I would be the first one who watch that video and like it and share and and... haha I would appriciate it man.

Offline Caper_YT

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 09:39 AM - 03/14/18 »
Alright boys and girls, after messing about with both methods for One Click Building  (on-board macros vs. Titan Two script) I have come to the conclusion that the T2 method is much more efficient. That being said, both methods work solid and if someone has a mouse with on-board memory and the ability to do macros but cannot/will not pay $100 for another device, by all means that method works pretty @#$% good.

I was thinking of doing either a write-up tutorial or a video tutorial on how to set-up and configure both methods with live demonstrations of each in action. Would like to know the community's thoughts on this before I put in the time to do it. Cheers!
One question though : If lets say im building a wall and i want to build a stair, the macro would not work if i'm currently in the wall right? since it needs to go into building mode and select twice to the right.

Offline redacted

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 10:00 AM - 03/14/18 »

One question though : If lets say im building a wall and i want to build a stair, the macro would not work if i'm currently in the wall right? since it needs to go into building mode and select twice to the right.

From my understanding, it's simply a matter of hitting the button you have mapped for Stairs macro twice if you currently have walls selected. The logic behind this is simple.. Lets say you have one button for Walls and another for Stairs... in your case, you would hit the Walls button once, then hit the Stairs button twice quickly. It's not the most efficient way of doing it, but it works and I'm convinced it's still faster than simply hitting the build button and R1/RB twice with a controller.

With the T2 script, you don't have to fuss with all that - it's simply one button clicks to walls, stairs, floor, etc from any position whether you have building material out or a weapon. It's the best way to mimic the behavior of PC play thus far - speaking from experience here. 

Offline Caper_YT

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 10:14 AM - 03/14/18 »

From my understanding, it's simply a matter of hitting the button you have mapped for Stairs macro twice if you currently have walls selected. The logic behind this is simple.. Lets say you have one button for Walls and another for Stairs... in your case, you would hit the Walls button once, then hit the Stairs button twice quickly. It's not the most efficient way of doing it, but it works and I'm convinced it's still faster than simply hitting the build button and R1/RB twice with a controller.

With the T2 script, you don't have to fuss with all that - it's simply one button clicks to walls, stairs, floor, etc from any position whether you have building material out or a weapon. It's the best way to mimic the behavior of PC play thus far - speaking from experience here.
If you ever decide to make a video on how to do it with titan 2, I would go running to get one haha :D. I just dont want to spend 100 dollars and have the device sitting around.

Offline redacted

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 10:18 AM - 03/14/18 »
I have to figure out how to make the video, as I'm not too good with video making/editing. I'll do some research and hopefully get the video out this weekend :)

Offline Caper_YT

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 10:27 AM - 03/14/18 »
I have to figure out how to make the video, as I'm not too good with video making/editing. I'll do some research and hopefully get the video out this weekend :)
Thank you for taking the time reply, awsome member in this community.

Offline Enrix

• Per Audacia ad Astra
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: iLiKeEnRiX
« Reply #66 on: 10:38 AM - 03/14/18 »
I just received my APEX in the mail a couple days ago, and before that I was using the Titan Two exclusively to play Fortnite BR on PS4 for about a week since my transition from PC. The script I'm using allows me to map one-button building to my G502 perfectly the way I do on PC. I've just set up my APEX and T2 to work together tonight and I must say, it's a game changer. The Titan Two works perfectly well stand-alone for Fortnite, however the mouse input translator is FAR inferior to the APEX.

If you're looking to get a Titan Two for one-button building, definitely give it a shot. I can give you the script that I'm currently using as well. I hope this helps answer your question. Best of luck!
Hi dude, could I try your script? Also, how do you setup the apex to work with the T2?
PS4 Pro with SSD | Razer Ornata Chroma | Logitech G403 | Steelseries Siberia 800 | BenQ XL2420T

XIM APEX and mouse settings guide:
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=66901.0

Is the XIM cheating?
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=72737.0

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 10:42 AM - 03/14/18 »
I just came up with a Fortnite Fast Build Macros 2.0.

I tested and I think is a step better than my later semi-automatic-macros.

But I can't seem to be able to build a wall by itself.

My new set of macros fix this issue, allows you to build a Wall for panic situations while be able to build as you need.

Offline redacted

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 10:43 AM - 03/14/18 »
I just received my APEX in the mail a couple days ago, and before that I was using the Titan Two exclusively to play Fortnite BR on PS4 for about a week since my transition from PC. The script I'm using allows me to map one-button building to my G502 perfectly the way I do on PC. I've just set up my APEX and T2 to work together tonight and I must say, it's a game changer. The Titan Two works perfectly well stand-alone for Fortnite, however the mouse input translator is FAR inferior to the APEX.

If you're looking to get a Titan Two for one-button building, definitely give it a shot. I can give you the script that I'm currently using as well. I hope this helps answer your question. Best of luck!
Hi dude, could I try your script? Also, how do you setup the apex to work with the T2?

All of your questions will be answered in the upcoming video :)

Offline redacted

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 10:44 AM - 03/14/18 »
I just came up with a Fortnite Fast Build Macros 2.0.

I tested and I think is a step better than my later semi-automatic-macros.

But I can't seem to be able to build a wall by itself.

My new set of macros fix this issue, allows you to build a Wall for panic situations while be able to build as you need.

Would you like co collaborate with me on creating this walkthru/video on how to setup both methods (macros vs T2 scrips)? Could really use your experience with the macro side of things!

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 10:59 AM - 03/14/18 »

With the Macro I came up 2.0 works like this:

Lets say ButtonX,Y,W,Z are what ever button on your layout you set up a macro.

ButtonX = Build Wall Macro instantaneously, let you build more if you press R2
ButtonY = Build Stairs Macro            "              "   "       "       "      "    "    "       R2
ButtonW = Build Floor Macro            "              "   "       "       "      "    "    "       R2
ButtonZ = Build Pyramid Macro        "              "   "       "       "      "    "    "       R2

Press ButtonX and build a Wall instantaneously!... if you want a set of stairs: then press ButtonY twice and Build a Stairs, if you hold Trigger (R2 on PS4) you keep building stairs...

then if you want a floor press ButtonW twice a floor will be built by itself, if you need more floors hold R2... if you press ButtonZ twice a Pyramid pop up... if you want another floor, press ButtonW twice and floor will be built automatically.

Press Build button to get back to your weapon
« Last Edit: 11:03 AM - 03/14/18 by alanmcgregor »

Offline geekdll

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 11:06 AM - 03/14/18 »

With the Macro I came up 2.0 works like this:

Lets say ButtonX,Y,W,Z are what ever button on your layout you set up a macro.

ButtonX = Build Wall Macro instantaneously, let you build more if you press R2
ButtonY = Build Stairs Macro            "              "   "       "       "      "    "    "       R2
ButtonW = Build Floor Macro            "              "   "       "       "      "    "    "       R2
ButtonZ = Build Pyramid Macro        "              "   "       "       "      "    "    "       R2

Press ButtonX and build a Wall instantaneously!... if you want a set of stairs: then press ButtonY twice and Build a Stairs, if you hold Trigger (R2 on PS4) you keep building stairs...

then if you want a floor press ButtonW twice a floor will be built by itself, if you need more floors hold R2... if you press ButtonZ twice a Pyramid pop up... if you want another floor, press ButtonW twice and floor will be built automatically.

Press Build button to get back to your weapon

So with these auto build macros can you stay in build mode the whole time while building different pieces like Stairs and walls? Could you post a example of how these macros are setup? Such as your previous setup:

BuildFloor Macro:
Press E(↓30ms / ↑0ms), Right Arrow(↓30ms / ↑0ms), then I press LMB.

BuildStairs Macro:
Press E(↓30ms / ↑0ms), Right Arrow(↓30ms / ↑0ms), Right Arrow(↓30ms / ↑0ms) then I press LMB and keep it down if I need more.

« Last Edit: 11:11 AM - 03/14/18 by geekdll »
XIM Apex
Razer Tartarus
Logitech G502 PROTEUS
Mixamp TR + Sennheiser PC 360
PS4
Netduma

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 11:11 AM - 03/14/18 »
Would you like co collaborate with me on creating this walkthru/video on how to setup both methods (macros vs T2 scrips)? Could really use your experience with the macro side of things!

Yup sure! I'm down, but scripts are macro, in essence.

However on my experience, onboard memory macros are more reliable than on my T1, I don't know of T2 (I don't have one).

Could you post a screen shot of your macro setup thats saved on your Mouse memory for reference?

Sure bud, I will post soon (lunch break) the script/macro so you can try it.

Offline redacted

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 11:28 AM - 03/14/18 »

Yup sure! I'm down, but scripts are macro, in essence.

However on my experience, onboard memory macros are more reliable than on my T1, I don't know of T2 (I don't have one).

Could you post a screen shot of your macro setup thats saved on your Mouse memory for reference?

Sure bud, I will post soon (lunch break) the script/macro so you can try it.

I never owned a T1 so I can't speak on that product, but the script I'm using on T2 is flawless - just like PC. Looking forward to our collaboration!

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
  • Please Delete My Account
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Delete
« Reply #74 on: 11:39 AM - 03/14/18 »
With the T2 script, you don't have to fuss with all that - it's simply one button clicks to walls, stairs, floor, etc from any position whether you have building material out or a weapon.

I don't have a T2, but when XIM Link is out I plan on building this macro in AHK or similar.
I'm not familiar with T2 programming, but to keep track of build mode is there like a:

bool buildMode = True (if in build mode) or False (if not in build mode);

and then you just have a button that does something like

if(buildMode)
    R1, R1;
else
    O, R1, R1;

and finally you will need to have any key that exits build mode in game, sets buildMode to False.

I have never messed with AHK so I'll need to learn the language, but I plan on writing lots of scripts in it!
Please Delete My Account

Admin