XIM Community

Fortnite | One button building  (Read 15215 times)

Offline weedBOTv4.20

• Green Gaming
    • View Profile
Re: Fortnite | One button building
« Reply #30 on: 06:59 PM - 03/11/18 »
Hey, would I be able to do this with logitech g pro?

Yes, you should be able to.
Your G Pro has onboard memory and uses the same Logitech software so it should work fine.
X1X - Apex - G613 - G903 - QcK Mass

Offline Caper_YT

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: NoobSayIHack
« Reply #31 on: 07:01 PM - 03/11/18 »
Hey, would I be able to do this with logitech g pro?

Yes, you should be able to.
Your G Pro has onboard memory and uses the same Logitech software so it should work fine.
Thank you for the reply. Do you have a youyube video link where i can learn how to do it. I'm a complete noob at this. Thanks

Offline waterbucket123

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: N/A
  • PSN ID: N/A
« Reply #32 on: 07:04 PM - 03/11/18 »
What? I thought you can't use onboard memory for macros unless plugged in directly to computer?
Yeah, I also read that, but it works perfectly on my G903.
Wow, I guess I'll give it a try and see if it works. I'm using g502.

Offline geekdll

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 07:31 PM - 03/11/18 »
I have one button building macros running well on my G903 onboard memory.
My front right thumb button builds a wall and returns to gun and the rear button builds stairs and one of the DPI buttons builds a roof/floor.

I just did them via Logitech's software, recording the delay between keypresses (won't work without the delays) while pressing them in sequence as quick as you can.

BTW, the right thumb buttons and others need to be bound to a keyboard key before the Apex recognizes them, for me at least.

Here is a screencap of my stairs macro in the Logitech software.
It's very easy to do.

So what key do you have your mouses left click set to? That would excute the build of stairs in your screen shot.
XIM Apex
Razer Tartarus
Logitech G502 PROTEUS
Mixamp TR + Sennheiser PC 360
PS4
Netduma

Offline weedBOTv4.20

• Green Gaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 08:59 PM - 03/11/18 »
Thank you for the reply. Do you have a youyube video link where i can learn how to do it. I'm a complete noob at this. Thanks

No, sorry, I don't know of any youtube videos on the subject. Maybe do a search of youtube for logitech macros.

Wow, I guess I'll give it a try and see if it works. I'm using g502.

You definitely should, it's great to have instant wall available at a press.
Though, it must be said, having used these for longer now, there is the occasional weird response when pressing a macro button, but it's infrequent enough that it is far outweighed by the benefit of quick building.

So what key do you have your mouses left click set to? That would excute the build of stairs in your screen shot.

Sorry bro, I'm not quite sure what you're asking. My left mouse click is the default setting of fire.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11:49 PM - 03/11/18 »
So doing some searching on the forums, I have found that for one button building similar to PC requires a device called the Titan One or Titan Two. Before I am willing to drop $100 on the device, I was just wondering if this is correct. I am also curious to know the other functionalities of the Titan Two if someone is knowledgeable enough to share the information. Thanks.

If your mouse has on-board memory and support macros you don't need titan 1 or two. Im using Tt Ventus Z, mouse that supports 12 FULLY programable buttons, even macros that activates if you let a button press down (logitech does not support)

I started to play Fortnite days ago, I noticed the importance of building and I just finish 3 macros for one click build.

IMPORTANT, First change the ingame setting: reset build = ON.

On my Button layout (PS4)

R2 = LMB (Left Mouse Button)
L1 = Left Arrow˛
R1 = Right Arrow
O (build) = E

˛ I use the Razer Orbweaver, Left and Right Arrow are in my thumb so is very easy for me to switch between items.

Fast Building:
Build Wall: press E, then I press LMB, let it down to keep building (ingame setting Turbo Build = ON) no macro needed.

BuildFloor Macro:
Press E(↓30ms / ↑0ms), Right Arrow(↓30ms / ↑0ms), then I press LMB.

BuildStairs Macro:
Press E(↓30ms / ↑0ms), Right Arrow(↓30ms / ↑0ms), Right Arrow(↓30ms / ↑0ms) then I press LMB and keep it down if I need more.

BuildPyramid Macro:
Press E(↓30ms / ↑0ms), Right Arrow(↓30ms / ↑0ms), Right Arrow(↓30ms / ↑0ms), Right Arrow(↓30ms / ↑0ms), then I press LMB.

Now I can build a box with stairs in seconds, like a veteran fortnite player and I have only 12 minutes of play LOL.

These macros are as simple/minimalistic as possible, they need that you manually press R2 to build the first piece and /or press build to exit from build mode if needed... there is a reason.

I did create a Onebutton->BuildOnePiece macro and exit build mode directly, and with theRepeat Macro While Button Press option of my mouse to have instant piece building...

...BUT server lag comes to play and messed up the macro. Longer timings fix it; but is no as efficient o reliable or faster as if you place the first piece manually and exit from build mode when needed.

OK hope it helps.
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL

Offline geekdll

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 11:52 PM - 03/11/18 »
So doing some searching on the forums, I have found that for one button building similar to PC requires a device called the Titan One or Titan Two. Before I am willing to drop $100 on the device, I was just wondering if this is correct. I am also curious to know the other functionalities of the Titan Two if someone is knowledgeable enough to share the information. Thanks.

If your mouse has on-board memory and support macros you don't need titan 1 or two. Im using Tt Ventus Z, mouse that supports 12 FULLY programable buttons, even macros that activates if you let a button press down (logitech does not support)

I started to play Fortnite days ago, I noticed the importance of building and I just finish 3 macros for one click build.

IMPORTANT, First change the ingame setting: reset build = ON.

On my Button layout (PS4)

R2 = LMB (Left Mouse Button)
L1 = Left Arrow˛
R1 = Right Arrow
O (build) = E

˛ I use the Razer Orbweaver, Left and Right Arrow are in my thumb so is very easy for me to switch between items.

Fast Building:
Build Wall: press E, then I press LMB, let it down to keep building (ingame setting Turbo Build = ON) no macro needed.

BuildFloor Macro:
Press E(↓30ms / ↑0ms), Right Arrow(↓30ms / ↑0ms), then I press LMB.

BuildStairs Macro:
Press E(↓30ms / ↑0ms), Right Arrow(↓30ms / ↑0ms), Right Arrow(↓30ms / ↑0ms) then I press LMB and keep it down if I need more.

BuildPyramid Macro:
Press E(↓30ms / ↑0ms), Right Arrow(↓30ms / ↑0ms), Right Arrow(↓30ms / ↑0ms), Right Arrow(↓30ms / ↑0ms), then I press LMB.

Now I can build a box with stairs in seconds, like a veteran fortnite player and I have only 12 minutes of play LOL.

These macros are as simple/minimalistic as possible, they need that you manually press R2 to build the first piece and /or press build to exit from build mode if needed... there is a reason.

I did create a Onebutton->BuildOnePiece macro and exit build mode directly, and with theRepeat Macro While Button Press option of my mouse to have instant piece building...

...BUT server lag comes to play and messed up the macro. Longer timings fix it; but is no as efficient o reliable or faster as if you place the first piece manually and exit from build mode when needed.

OK hope it helps.

I just tried your setup with my g503 and its working great nothing else needed. Thanks for sharing.
XIM Apex
Razer Tartarus
Logitech G502 PROTEUS
Mixamp TR + Sennheiser PC 360
PS4
Netduma

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 12:04 AM - 03/12/18 »
Quote from: geekdll
I just tried your setup with my g503 and its working great nothing else needed. Thanks for sharing.

Yep, you're welcome :)

weedBOTv4.20

PROTIP. for Logitech Users.

For setting  delay times exactly as I did(30ms), using the Logitech Gaming Software.

If you already create the macro: open the macro window... and double click on each interval delay time and you can change the value directly, for 30ms type: 030 <press enter> and that is it!.

Quote from: weedBOTv4.20
I just did them via Logitech's software, recording the delay between keypresses (won't work without the delays) while pressing them in sequence as quick as you can.

No need of doing it as quick as you can. Just when you create the macro, be sure to activate the "record interval time", then you can modify values of those interval times specifically ;).
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL

Offline JoTi

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Jo_Vogel_Snipez
« Reply #38 on: 12:39 AM - 03/12/18 »
Can I save the marcos to a special Profil in the logitech software?

I play more games than Fortnite.
I dont want them in overwatch or BF1.

Is this possible with the logitech software?

Offline weedBOTv4.20

• Green Gaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 12:43 AM - 03/12/18 »

weedBOTv4.20

For setting  delay times exactly as I did(30ms), using the Logitech Gaming Software.

Thank you very much for the great tip. It will help me get the macros timed just perfectly. Much appreciated.  :)

Offline weedBOTv4.20

• Green Gaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 12:46 AM - 03/12/18 »
Can I save the marcos to a special Profil in the logitech software?

I play more games than Fortnite.
I dont want them in overwatch or BF1.

Is this possible with the logitech software?

Yes, there are multiple profile slots, 5 I think.
And you can bind a profile selection button on the mouse.

Offline redacted

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 03:51 AM - 03/12/18 »
I'm very intrigued by all this on-board stuff so I started fiddling with my G502 software... I think I have the macro down for everything I need, and I'm using key E for Circle(O)[PS4] in the APEX manager... the question I have is, how do I set this up for L1/R1 in the APEX manager when I already have those keys mapped to my G13? Any help would be much appreciated, cheers!

Offline Caper_YT

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: NoobSayIHack
« Reply #42 on: 07:28 AM - 03/12/18 »
I have a question, for example when you build a wall, does it automatically switch back to your weapon?

Offline SuperSub69

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 08:52 AM - 03/12/18 »
Hey Weedbot,

Thanks for the help so far, much appreciated buddy.

Could you perhaps post your current settings for all three builds (either here or somewhere like pastebin).

We could then simply paste into our logitech software.

Many Thanks,

weedBOTv4.20

Thank you very much for the great tip. It will help me get the macros timed just perfectly. Much appreciated.  :)

Offline weedBOTv4.20

• Green Gaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 08:57 AM - 03/12/18 »
the question I have is, how do I set this up for L1/R1 in the APEX manager when I already have those keys mapped to my G13? Any help would be much appreciated, cheers!

In the Logitech software bind your mouse buttons to unused keyboard keys and then add those as Secondary binds in the Apex manager. Under the part where you bind keystrokes there is the 3 dots to expand if you click on that it will give you a button to the Secondary part where you can bind a second key to each command.

I have a question, for example when you build a wall, does it automatically switch back to your weapon?

In the way I have mine set-up, yes. This is because I more often panic build a single wall (or a series of them as I retreat) for cover, or a single wall and stairs as cover + perch for a firefight. I do this more often than building 4-wall or more bases.
So, I still use both building methods in game I find, when I'm not being shot I usually use the normal method as it's fairly quick anyway in my set-up (build bound to mousewheel click, wheel up and down selects piece, left mouse click to place).
But for single walls for cover or single ramps when looting etc I use the macros.

Much luck to you guys in getting things tweaked to your liking. The Apex sure has improved my Fortnite experience 8)