XIM Community

Fortnite | One button building  (Read 35078 times)

Offline Ripkon

• View Profile
Re: Fortnite | One button building
« Reply #150 on: 12:44 PM - 03/30/18 »
I have copied the macro also. Received my G502 yesterday and have delay set to .06 as pictured. I have only set a macro for the stairs. It works sometimes but others it keeps the wall or floor and sometimes switches weapons. Im playing on XB1 do i need to higher the delay? Thank you
« Last Edit: 12:50 PM - 03/30/18 by Ripkon »
XBOX ONE X  | Playstation 4 Pro | Switch | PC i5-4690k GTX 970

Mouse: FinalMouse Air 58 | DPI: 3200 | Hz: 500 | Mousepad: Reflex Lab | KB: GK61 60% RGB w/ Zeal 62g | Monitor: ASUS VP28UQG 28" 4K 1ms | Headphones: Logitech Pro

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 04:26 PM - 04/03/18 »
Yes, try 090 ms. Increase on 30 ms intervals.

Offline kevinresillas

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 05:16 PM - 04/06/18 »
Hi you guys I have a SteelSeries rival 600 and I am new to the concept of macros but I know I definitely want to have one build buttons so I wAnt to learn how to use macros. I know a lot of people on here have the Logitech mouses
But I have a different mouse which means different software so I was wondering if anyone could help me learn the basics of macros and how to set up one button builds for fortnite?

Offline Stylesb111

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 08:59 PM - 04/06/18 »
Using macros you can only get one button build for the first piece. Canít build stairs wall stairs wall. Build first piece then you would have to cycle to next piece.  I have no idea how to use macros on your mouse but Iím sure itís not much different then my G502. Watch a YouTube video.

Offline Huggins23

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: HunterofGuman5
« Reply #154 on: 02:28 PM - 04/07/18 »
Yup, I'm pull them tight... I notice the pyramid is built is kind of slow.

Is because you apply three right arrows to land on the triangle instead of a single left from the wall to the triangle???

Offline Huggins23

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: HunterofGuman5
« Reply #155 on: 03:16 PM - 04/07/18 »
Hello,

Big thanks for helping us!!
first time i made a macro, floor ,wall , ramp it all works :)
But i have 1 big problem.. i cant cycle trough my inventory.. like changing weapons..
i have set L1 R1 on the arrows left and right and if i play w,a,s,d i need to change the guns or other inventory stuff with the arrows and i dont know how to do it in a diffrent way..
Is there a way to change weapons or something els to bind a key to cycle inventory?
thx,

I have my left and right bumper set to my scroll wheel on my mouse. And then a secondary binding too two more keys on my keyboard for making macros. This has worked out best for me for quick transitions in weapons and building options on the fly.

Offline HereWeGo

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: None
« Reply #156 on: 01:52 AM - 04/09/18 »
Just a heads up. Video has been recorded for the tutorial, just waiting for the Fortnite servers to come back online so I can record some gameplay to demonstrate exactly what the script is doing. This means the video should be out today, assuming servers come back on :)

Sounds great my T2 is gonna be delivered any minute now. I will provide feedback. Thanks

Hi man can you told us whats happend with u  did it worked The T2

Offline ocz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: zer0harm
« Reply #157 on: 06:40 AM - 04/10/18 »
Why would you guys mess up with marcros on the G502 when you have a working script that works a lot better.

Offline kevinresillas

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 05:47 PM - 04/10/18 »
Why would you guys mess up with marcros on the G502 when you have a working script that works a lot better.
Whatís the difference between script and macro? Which is better to use? Iím currently using macros.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 06:56 PM - 04/10/18 »

I guess because macros doesn't need, additional hardware (Belking Easy Transfer Cable, PC or T2) easy to setup, and the difference is pretty much one button click.

But it seems the new update may give us a solution.

Offline kevinresillas

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 12:37 AM - 04/11/18 »
Whatís the difference between using macros and using scripts? Iím currently using macros right now and they work pretty well but if using scripts offers a more advantage then Iíd love to hear about it :)

Offline ocz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: zer0harm
« Reply #161 on: 06:41 AM - 04/11/18 »

I guess because macros doesn't need, additional hardware (Belking Easy Transfer Cable, PC or T2) easy to setup, and the difference is pretty much one button click.

I mean, if it works for you, then great - not hating or anything like that. From what I saw in the videos posted, it looked like you only have a tiny amount of time to place any piece before it times out and pull out your gun. To me and I could be wrong on this one, but wouldn't that slow you down?

Regarding the transfer cable, that only costs about £10.

Offline maxxurs

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: maxxurs
« Reply #162 on: 10:14 AM - 04/11/18 »
Fortnite update? My macro s dont work anymore the arrows ingame are now game commands like : ammo ,wood, shield requests... so the ramp, floor and wall dont work..
Need help i really dont know if it is possible to make a macro or how to do it...

Offline Stylesb111

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 03:50 PM - 04/11/18 »

I mean, if it works for you, then great - not hating or anything like that. From what I saw in the videos posted, it looked like you only have a tiny amount of time to place any piece before it times out and pull out your gun. To me and I could be wrong on this one, but wouldn't that slow you down?

Regarding the transfer cable, that only costs about £10.

True but not everyone plays beside their PC or even has a Pc.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 07:23 PM - 04/11/18 »
ocz,

No problem dude, those videos are demos, I had less than an hour playing the game. Those were full automatic one button build macros: press stair-macro and a stair is built and place, go back to gun, press again stair macro to place another one or a different piece.

Pressing one specific key to get a specific piece is the easiest to learn and build, but for auto-macros one piece build the drawback is not as fluent. I share these macros for new players, people that want to try the game, making building easier before to really get into and expend more $ on it, is only an affordable alternative.

I have T2, and I use a Mark's script shared by redacted here. I did some additional mods to fit more to my taste (double pump and tuned ADS-Headshot) XIM APEX is doing the translation directly from the mouse, T2 is enhancing Orbweaver with scripts.

Back to the macro subject,

I was using the Semi-automatic Macros at the beginning and got used to it. I can't say the Script is 100% better, maybe 50%.

Whatís the difference between using macros and using scripts? Iím currently using macros right now and they work pretty well but if using scripts offers a more advantage then Iíd love to hear about it :)

I will do my best to explain. Here we go:

Scenario: you have your Rifle up, want to build 4 walls and one stair inside (the basic cube-stair) then you are on top of the stairs and with your gun ready.

Script:
Press wall-macro (a wall will be place),
Hold down R2 to place 3 more,
Then press stair-macro (a stair will be place),
Press build button (out of build mode) to get back to your gun.

Semi-Auto Macros:
Press wall-macro (a wild wall will be place)
Hold down R2 to place 3 more, **yup does same as script
Then press Build Button, follow by pressing stair macro (a stair will be place),
Press build button (out of build mode) to get back to your gun.

As you can see, on the Semi-Automatic Macros the diference is everytime you want to place a different piece, you need to get out of build mode and then press the macro of the other piece. We called "track resetting", script does for you.

And that's why Scripts are more efficient, I give it a 50% better. 100% better will be exactly as PC (no need of toggle build mode).

That difference/improvement (pressing one button, between different pieces) worth £10 or T2?
- up to you.

If you playing casual no as invested in the game... I don't think so. Besides, if you already have the mouse (like many XIMers), why not try macros?.

Don't get me wrong Titan Two is Awesome Device unleash a lot of potential in your gaming experience, you should get it just for that. Highly recommended.

XIM link is a affordable alternative but no as practical like Stylesb111 saids, not everyone plays beside their PC, doesn't work for me... the noise of my rig and not mention the electricity bill.

Finally,

I want to mention Auto Macros Behavior on the same scenario:

Press wall-macro (a wall will be place),
Press 3 times wall-macro to place 3 walls.
Then press stair-macro (a stair will be place),
Done.

It sounds more convenient, getting back to your gun every time is what does building slower, suitable for starters, but I will say semi or script (hands down) are better options for more experience players.

At the end, choose what ever works better for you ;-)
« Last Edit: 08:32 PM - 04/11/18 by alanmcgregor »

Admin