XIM Community

Response rate causing power faults - Xbox One Controller + G610 Orion + G403  (Read 452 times)

Offline NymuS_Graph4x

• View Profile
Hey Everyone,

I got my Apex couple of days ago and I was playing around with some settings and so on, when I noticed an issue with my setup: When I turn my mouse and Apex both to a 1000Hz rate and reconnect the Apex, it initializes the devices first, but then disconnects the controller, no matter which port it is in, because of (I guess) not enough power (Apex flashing red). So I tried to deactivate the lights of mouse and keyboard, but because of the fact that only the mouse has an in-built memory, the keyboard does not save the light settings. That means I have to turn it off manually after it initialized, which shouldn't be a problem, but the Apex still tries to connect to the controller all the time and then deactivates it with a red flashing light. The problem is, as soon as I go from a 1000Hz rate on the Apex down to a 500Hz rate, I don't have any problems at all.

Now my question is if this is really a problem with the power supply or if there might be another issue?

Thank you in advance!
« Last Edit: 09:53 AM - 03/10/18 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox One Controller + G610 Orion + G403
« Reply #1 on: 09:49 AM - 03/10/18 »
Flashing red and yellow would indicate a power fault but power issues aren't always going to show this light sequence. If APEX is breathing red this is normal.

That is strange, I haven't seen this reported. Could you try setting APEX to 1000hz then starting it with nothing attached to the APEX hub? Once finished starting up attach only the controller, then the mouse, then the keyboard. Does the same issue occur?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline NymuS_Graph4x

• View Profile
Re: Xbox One Controller + G610 Orion + G403
« Reply #2 on: 09:47 PM - 03/10/18 »
Flashing red and yellow would indicate a power fault but power issues aren't always going to show this light sequence. If APEX is breathing red this is normal.

That is strange, I haven't seen this reported. Could you try setting APEX to 1000hz then starting it with nothing attached to the APEX hub? Once finished starting up attach only the controller, then the mouse, then the keyboard. Does the same issue occur?

Thank you for your answer. I tried the way you said it but I had the same issue. So I made a factory reset, without any change. Then I plugged in my controller for an hour with an iPhone wallbrick to charge (it has the recharge kit). Then I tried it again and worked without any problems! :)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Great, that makes more sense. I'm glad it's stable again.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline NymuS_Graph4x

• View Profile
Soooo as an addition for all the people wondering: I tried to reproduce the issue, but it didnít work, not even with a completely uncharged controller.

So I was playing around and was wondering if the XIM would work with the game streaming on Windows 10. Ridiculous, right? But you think about that kind of stuff if youíre bored. So I tried to connect the Apple Digital AV adapter to my 2016 MacBook Pro running Windows 10 in boot camp. I plugged in the Apex and it caused the same issue like the console did earlier. I recharged the controller, everything, the power issue stays. If I turn the polling rate from 1000Hz to 500Hz there are no problems anymore. :D

So it seems like some usb constellations donít supply enough power. lol  ;D ;D

Yíall have a great evening!

Admin