XIM Community

[updated] I'm not to proud to eat me words and admit my faults.  (Read 718 times)

Offline mjfame

• "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)
Update:

Prior to Apex I could not snipe in Halo very well.. Not nearly as well as I could with an analog stick. Flick shots didn't work very well before due to friction slowdown bs.

Apex Vanilla ST @16kDPI // 1k polling rate using the 16kdpi default sens of 90 has remedied this.
80% headshots. The flow has returned.
Sure that one guy in the corner wasn't playing but I prob wouldn't have even hit him with my old translator.

I didn't want to believe that Apex would handle 1000Hz with high DPI any better than any other translator on the market that offers 1k polling rate but after messing around with the device and testing a wide array of configs I now realize that Apex does handle this beautifully. I've recommended people to use low sense low dpi which does work however I have had the best experience maxed out.

For what it's worth, I would recommend setting the Apex and the mouse to 1,000Hz and power cycling the Apex in order for the polling rate change to occur.

I'm sure this had been stated before but after doing so stick with the 1kpolling default sens with the vanilla st for a bit before making changes.

the reason why i say stick with default sens at first is because default feels tuned for the aim-assist bubble of any game including the halo/destiny. so this should provide an understanding of the way the Apex is intended to feel. this may help others from falling into any early issues by beginning vanilla / default as well.

Default sens @125Hz is 15 and I believe this to be based off of 12kDPI since G502 is the demo mouse in use and widely used by so many. So if you're running 12kDPI with 1kpolling you must use multiply 15x8 which = 120

I'm running 16kDPI which would translate to 11.25 sens @125Hz so my setup is 16kDPI 1kpolling rate and 90sens and tbh i haven't deviated from 90sens for any of the games that I have been playing since making the switch.

at those settings the rotational aim assist is still helping but the Apex is also able to cut through the majority of the target friction like a hot knife cuts through butter. as the devs , mods and so many others have stated this is the way that Apex is intended to perform. it's fantastic.

you've made a believer out of me and i thank you.

Those settings feel great while playing Halo but give me a very disconnected feeling when playing Garden Warfare and tracking feels off to me but running 1,800DPI @ 125Hz 90 sens is immaculate.

With so much variation from one user setup top the next from one game to another system to system etc. it's impossible to reach a solid conclusion and not contradict myself. If someone were to ask me my opinion just refer to the forum sig. this pretty much sums up the approach that I'll be taking with Apex.

Original Post:

guess i underestimated APEX ability to handle the load.

Threw 16,000DPI // 1000Hz // 125 Sens at it and it handled it like the champ that it is.

please accept my sincerest apology. i will leave this in my signature as a momento.

Big Team Slayer on Standoff // All infantry kills.
« Last Edit: 12:46 PM - 03/12/18 by mjfame »
XIM APEX // BETA : 20180402
Logitech G Pro // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT) // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD)

"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1 | 2017.07.27 (10k)

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Offline PingThing

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pingthing
  • PSN ID: pingthing
Re: I'm not to proud to eat me words and admit my faults.
« Reply #1 on: 07:04 AM - 03/10/18 »
Yup agreed, had a similar experience, I only booted H5 up to do my button binds, fired up a slayer match and you'd think I was a pro player with thousands of hours. It didn't matter what kind of crazy mouse gymnastics I tried to pull off, the ability to snap back to head shot was the closest that Xim has ever come to make me feel like I was cheating. Fantastic,.  I just got my Halo mojo back.
It don't mean a Thing if you ain't got that Ping.

Offline mjfame

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:09 AM - 03/10/18 »
Yup agreed, had a similar experience, I only booted H5 up to do my button binds, fired up a slayer match and you'd think I was a pro player with thousands of hours. It didn't matter what kind of crazy mouse gymnastics I tried to pull off, the ability to snap back to head shot was the closest that Xim has ever come to make me feel like I was cheating. Fantastic,.  I just got my Halo mojo back.

hell yes and what's crazy is the fact that H5 feels like garbage with a controller but feels great with a mouse.
« Last Edit: 12:47 PM - 03/12/18 by mjfame »
Logitech G Pro // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT) // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD)

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Offline Dodge

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RheinlandFluch
  • PSN ID: Malarn71
« Reply #3 on: 07:21 AM - 03/10/18 »
mjfame  what mouse pad do you use?
PS4 Pro & XB1 X | BenQ RL2755T 
Glorious Model O | 3200 DPI | 500Hz
Lioncast LK200
Corsair MM350
Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless

Offline proaim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:00 AM - 03/10/18 »

Threw 16,000DPI // 1000Hz // 125 Sens at it and it handled it like the champ that it is.

please accept my sincerest apology. i will leave this in my signature as a momento.

What is it you said that was bad?

Offline Dodge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:11 AM - 03/10/18 »
 :o ;D your mouse pad?Name?Cloth?Hard pad?Jesus!😂
Lioncast LK200
Corsair MM350

Offline Dodge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:12 AM - 03/10/18 »
Smoothing?
Lioncast LK200
Corsair MM350

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:18 AM - 03/10/18 »

What is it you said that was bad?

He didnít say anything bad. He was just saying to use 125Hz for X1 and 250Hz for PS4 because those were the consolesí native polling rates.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #8 on: 09:21 AM - 03/10/18 »
I love the way XIM APEX feels on Halo 5. It's what sold me on 1000Hz -- because we were reluctant to do the work to try it because we honestly didn't think it would make it any difference.

Are you using the Beta too?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline mjfame

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04:18 AM - 03/12/18 »
I love the way XIM APEX feels on Halo 5. It's what sold me on 1000Hz -- because we were reluctant to do the work to try it because we honestly didn't think it would make it any difference.

Are you using the Beta too?

OBsIV, i'm on official but it really is fantastic. like i was saying coming from titan and using 1000Hz before it took a bit of convincing through testing for me to believe it. it's the real deal and it's amazing. now i need to be vocal about this because at first i lobbied for low dpi low hz  to a few others and i want to right my wrongs.

i love not having a PC in the middle anymore and controlling Apex via the smartphone manager.

thanks
« Last Edit: 01:20 PM - 03/12/18 by mjfame »

Offline mjfame

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12:14 PM - 03/12/18 »
:o ;D your mouse pad?Name?Cloth?Hard pad?Jesus!

Cooler Master SGS-4140-KXXL1 Swift-RX XL Gaming Mouse Pad (Cloth / speed) 900 x 360 x 3 mm or 35.4 x 14.17 x 0.12 inch
https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-SGS-4140-KXXL1-Swift-RX-Microscopic/dp/B00WXMID02/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520878220&sr=8-1&keywords=swift+xl

http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/cooler-master-swift-rx-review/
The big black pad. and it's not the size of the pad..err well maybe it is  :D .. still waiting for my mouse bungee to arrive. used to be a 50 in a few playlists on the original H3 on x360 with a controller. now i'm 36 was much younger then not as good these days. had been practicing with a mouse for several months on Titan One which worked well-enough but not as brilliantly as Xim Apex.

Smoothing?

i've never used smoothing with any translator, Apex included. it adds latency. while i'm on the subject the 3389 sensor adds additional smoothing beyond 1800DPI. 3389 is a variant of the 3366 found in the G502. the 3366 uses the same amount of frame smoothing at all dpi levels which is probably why i see many G502 users experimenting with smoothing on Apex. I can feel the difference in smoothing which is why I run 1800 or less whenever possible. I may invest in a G502 simply to run 12kdpi to find out if it feels as snappy as 1800 does on the Basilisk.

He didnít say anything bad. He was just saying to use 125Hz for X1 and 250Hz for PS4 because those were the consolesí native polling rates.

yeah i jumped the gun a little and wrote off high dpi and polling due to extensive testing with previous setups and without enough testing on, Apex. at this point i believe it to be a viable option but not the only option. lower dpi and polling still has its place. so my signature has been updated to reflect this by displaying 2 setups that both work very well for their purpose and both completely different extremes for me. for someone else maybe not. and it's nuts because i love to contribute and help out but it's such a personal preference i don't see how i could help anyone other than myself. so if anyone were to ask me my advice i would refer them to my sig showing 2 extremes plus small print below those settings because that's pretty much my outlook at this point and the best i feel that i could really offer our community without seeming overbearing.
« Last Edit: 01:13 PM - 03/12/18 by mjfame »

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12:57 PM - 03/12/18 »

hell yes and what's crazy is the fact that H5 feels like garbage with a controller but feels great with a mouse.

I was surprised by this as well. Usually, you can tell whether a game will play well with Xim by testing out how it plays with gamepad but it's shocking how bad the aim mechanic is for Halo 5 compared to previous games and that it plays really well with Xim.