XIM Community

Any G502 Pros in the house?  (Read 411 times)

Offline Money Mike

• View Profile
Any G502 Pros in the house?
« on: 04:19 AM - 03/10/18 »
2 questions.

1.  Is there a way to make this thing so that each and every key is programmable?  These preprogrammed settings seem to get in the way of what I'm trying to do.

2.  When I move the mouse like 6 inches, it only turns my characters head 10-20.  I've used the different "DPI" settings that are on it by pushing that button but nothing helps much.  I'm using a Logitech 440 hard mouse pad, but I'm sure that's not the issue.  I set the in game sensitivities to max and the ADS to like 250 in the APEX APP, but that made everything Mich faster, but didn't change the amount of "head turn" per couple inch movement of the mouse.

Thank you for in advance.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Any G502 Pros in the house?
« Reply #1 on: 09:38 AM - 03/10/18 »
Yes, check onboard memory in LGS then go to the button page in LGS and reassign the buttons that aren't working as keyboard keys that aren't normally used in your configs like: o p [ ] k l ; '

Use the max in-game sensitivity. If your game is on the game settings page be sure to use these settings as well as they are required for optimal performance.

http://xim.tech/settings

If you still have turning issues that aren't resolved by raising your sensitivity you may be hitting the game's turn speed limit. Console games have a maximum speed that they allow you to turn. This max turn speed will vary between games and is a limit set by the game developer. XIM flashes red lights when you've reached the turn speed limit. If you continue moving faster than what the game allows then that movement is ignored and you may see less movement as a result. By either lowering your sensitivity or moving your mouse slower to stay under or ride the turn speed limit should result in more onscreen movement.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Money Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:23 PM - 03/10/18 »
Thank you Mist,
     Will ldo on the keys.  I think my second problem may be a mouse setting. I'll try to be clearer.

With my Xbox controller, to turn my character around in one full rotation, I hold my right stick over for like 1/4 of a second.  To do this with my mouse, I have to drag the mouse from one side of the pad all the way to the other side, pick it up, move it back to the other side, drag it all the way again, pick it up, and do it again.  The whole process probably takes 3-5 seconds.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:17 PM - 03/10/18 »
When playing with the controller you are using an analog stick that can peg the stick at 100% continuously and can't exceed the turn speed limit. It makes full use of turning without any negative consequences. A mouse cannot do this on console. You can only swipe for a limited duration and if you exceed the turn speed limit you are may only be pegging the analog stick for a split second during the swipe and the rest of your movement is ignored by the game. This results in less movement on screen. By either lowering your XIM sensitivity or slowing your swipe speed to not exceed or ride the turn speed limit you should see more on screen movement as a result.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Money Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:49 PM - 03/10/18 »
When playing with the controller you are using an analog stick that can peg the stick at 100% continuously and can't exceed the turn speed limit. It makes full use of turning without any negative consequences. A mouse cannot do this on console. You can only swipe for a limited duration and if you exceed the turn speed limit you are may only be pegging the analog stick for a split second during the swipe and the rest of your movement is ignored by the game. This results in less movement on screen. By either lowering your XIM sensitivity or slowing your swipe speed to not exceed or ride the turn speed limit you should see more on screen movement as a result.

Thank you Mist,
I'll try lowering the settings this evening. Again, I'm not referring to the speed with which I can turn around, but the amount my character moves per inch that the mouse does.

I think I'm just missing something here.  I've watched XIM console videos and they are able to turn their characters head just as easily as I am with a controller, and I highly doubt they have a 4 foot long mouse pad that enables them to do this.

Thanks again,
Mike

Offline colony98787

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: colony98787
« Reply #5 on: 11:27 AM - 03/12/18 »
Hopefully I don't sound dumb here but since the mouse has "on board memory" would i be able to use macros with it on a ps4??

Offline Money Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:44 PM - 03/12/18 »
Hopefully I don't sound dumb here but since the mouse has "on board memory" would i be able to use macros with it on a ps4??

If it makes you feel any smarter.... I don't know what a macro is! Lol

Offline colony98787

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: colony98787
« Reply #7 on: 05:47 PM - 03/12/18 »

If it makes you feel any smarter.... I don't know what a macro is! Lol

Like rapid fire or something along those lines. Making 1 key do multiple actions

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:25 AM - 03/13/18 »
You can do macros and save it on the onboard memory.

But macros like rapidfire, where the macro keeps repeating itself while holding down a button aren't possible on any logitech mouse. Only via PC through software LGS profiles and you can't change/program Left mouse, right mouse button either. Is weird they used to offer this feature on the onboard memory back in 2013 but not anymore.

Thermaltakes Ventus line are the cream and butter of programing macro features, tons of features. You can even assign macros to scroll down and scroll up, from the wheel.
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL

Offline Money Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01:14 PM - 03/14/18 »
I think I'm getting closer, but still not there.

Settings:
12000 DPI
Poll maxed (forgot what that number is)
Response rate 250hz
Hip: 500
ADS: 160

Offline Arceye

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07:00 AM - 03/15/18 »
You can do macros and save it on the onboard memory.

But macros like rapidfire, where the macro keeps repeating itself while holding down a button aren't possible on any logitech mouse. Only via PC through software LGS profiles and you can't change/program Left mouse, right mouse button either. Is weird they used to offer this feature on the onboard memory back in 2013 but not anymore.

Thermaltakes Ventus line are the cream and butter of programing macro features, tons of features. You can even assign macros to scroll down and scroll up, from the wheel.

Small correction, it is possible to make a logitech mouse do rapid fire, but it is for a pre recorded amount of trigger click and cannot be bound to the left or right mouse button.
I have a pre programmed 3 shot burst on my mouse wheel ( Right tilt ).
I can make a video or something of how to do it if needed.